X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Don't out dress the groom!
    Groom and all of his groomsmen are Air Force in dress blues -- do you think this will be a bit much? My girlfriend is the maid of honor and thinks I'll be fine wearing whatever, since it'll all pale in comparison to the badassery of the wedding party men.

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
      Groom and all of his groomsmen are Air Force in dress blues -- do you think this will be a bit much? My girlfriend is the maid of honor and thinks I'll be fine wearing whatever, since it'll all pale in comparison to the badassery of the wedding party men.
      It may look ok but in my mind a cream jacket with red pants does not sound like the best choice. I would throw up a test run of the fit and let people suggest things.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        It may look ok but in my mind a cream jacket with red pants does not sound like the best choice. I would throw up a test run of the fit and let people suggest things.
        Once the blazer gets back from the tailor I'll think about it -- I appreciate the feedback though! The pants are more maroonish then a wine-burgundy, but I see your point.

Comment

I looked up Air Force dress blues to be certain. They are navy, or at least a dark blue. Which is pretty conservative, it is possible that they may be wearing mess dress, which is the military version of a tux, but if it is service dress, then it is the equivalent of wearing a navy suit. Now if you wear the outfit you suggested, you won't be to formal, but you will draw a lot of attention to yourself.

JBarwick has a good idea to post up a pick here beforehand, but also a lot depends on what the dress code is and what everyone else will be wearing. You already know the bridal party will be in dark colours, but if everyone else is in navy and charcoal, and you have a cream jacket, you will stand out too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
            I looked up Air Force dress blues to be certain. They are navy, or at least a dark blue. Which is pretty conservative, it is possible that they may be wearing mess dress, which is the military version of a tux, but if it is service dress, then it is the equivalent of wearing a navy suit. Now if you wear the outfit you suggested, you won't be to formal, but you will draw a lot of attention to yourself.

JBarwick has a good idea to post up a pick here beforehand, but also a lot depends on what the dress code is and what everyone else will be wearing. You already know the bridal party will be in dark colours, but if everyone else is in navy and charcoal, and you have a cream jacket, you will stand out too much.
            Hmm, my alternate outfit was grey chinos / grey tie / white pocket square, keeping the brown shoes and linen blazer (90+ degrees in Arizona in mid-May means that's the only hope I have in terms of a jacket). By "standing out too much" are you referring to the pocket square & tie with the cream blazer, or the blazer only? Here's an idea of how cream-colored it is, which is to say, very.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
              [MENTION=13227]BuddingPT47[/MENTION] I have that exact watch. I wear it a few times a week. The standard strap is bad though. I have black leather for the formal occasions and a few NATOs otherwise. it's a pretty versatile timepiece.
              Yeah, the standard strap is working, but I definitely need to pick up something else up for normal wear. I'm thinking a basic nylon nato and maybe a leather nato so I can switch between the two (or more) easily. I don't want anything crazy like I already have on this thing because It looks really nice.

Comment

I just picked up this Drake's tie from No Man Walks Alone. I've never owned or even seen in person a Drake's tie before, but I now understand the hype. The material on this thing just feels luxurious - and the color is pretty incredible (despite being a little Joker-esque).

Also, I have to say that No Man Walks Alone was a great online shopping experience with super fast shipping and very high quality packaging. I haven't bought anything from them before because their stuff tends to be higher end items than I'm typically in the market for, but I'm glad I did this time.

Comment

That's a beautiful tie, [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    I just picked up this Drake's tie from No Man Walks Alone. I've never owned or even seen in person a Drake's tie before, but I now understand the hype. The material on this thing just feels luxurious - and the color is pretty incredible (despite being a little Joker-esque).

Also, I have to say that No Man Walks Alone was a great online shopping experience with super fast shipping and very high quality packaging. I haven't bought anything from them before because their stuff tends to be higher end items than I'm typically in the market for, but I'm glad I did this time.
                    Nice looking tie -- I actually have a similar patterened one in a rich, bright blue from Drake's as well. They've quickly become my new favorite tie maker (Ferragamo a close second, not much else close).

Comment

Hmm, my alternate outfit was grey chinos / grey tie / white pocket square, keeping the brown shoes and linen blazer (90+ degrees in Arizona in mid-May means that's the only hope I have in terms of a jacket). By "standing out too much" are you referring to the pocket square & tie with the cream blazer, or the blazer only? Here's an idea of how cream-colored it is, which is to say, very.
                      I think its more "all of the above" PLUS the maroon/burgundy pants. Take a pic and lets see how it comes together. Depending on the actual colors of the items you've mentioned it might be pretty sedate, or it could be garish - so let's have a look before offering suggestions. But I like the pocket square!

Comment

Picked up an LBM 1911 unstructured cotton, patch pocket blazer in a washed indigo shade from Nordstrom Rack yesterday. Looks like this, but blue.

Price was right (on clearance!), no money out of pocket (birthday gift card!), and it fits beautifully off the rack (high button stance and cropped tail!). Looking forward to wearing it on some cooler days.

Comment

I ordered this topcoat from J Crew earlier this week. Reg. $475, I got it on sale for $169. Couldn't pass that up. I'll be patiently waiting for winter.

Comment

Originally posted by navy_and_charcoal View Post
                            I ordered this topcoat from J Crew earlier this week. Reg. $475, I got it on sale for $169. Couldn't pass that up. I'll be patiently waiting for winter.
                            Have you gotten it yet? I ordered one a few months ago and hated it in person (way darker than the picture). Ended up returning it.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                              Have you gotten it yet? I ordered one a few months ago and hated it in person (way darker than the picture). Ended up returning it.
                              Nope. Hasn't arrived yet. But I did read a couple of reviews that had the same complaint about the color being darker. I wasn't too put off by that. But I'll let you know what I think. Should receive it on Monday.

Comment

AE Warwicks arrived this morning. If you don't like single monks, these may make you like single monks. Outstanding sleekness.

Comment

Working...
                                X