Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION], Funny...that's exactly how I described both of my Alden purchases, and both were well worth it. Fantastic looking boots, love the Indy's with the flat waxed laces too.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
      [MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION], Funny...that's exactly how I described both of my Alden purchases, and both were well worth it. Fantastic looking boots, love the Indy's with the flat waxed laces too.
      Thanks...I also like the brass eyelets and speed hooks on these as well.

I've been wanting to pick up a pair for quite some time and coveting them every time I see [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] wearing his during the Sunday challenges. I really wanted a commando sole, though. I really lucked out finding these ones, as they're currently not available otherwise. And apparently, Alden will only resole with the factory sole the boots originally came from now, so buying a pair and having the soles changed out later isn't an option.

Anyways, no more shoes or boots for me this year!

Comment

Speaking of Indy boots, I just got my J. Crew knockoff versions in the mail (the leather Pacer boot) and they fit and look great. I came to the realization that I'm not going to be spending $500+ on a pair of shoes in the next few years and these are a damn fine consolation prize. They're also a BIG step up from the Merona Chukkas I've worn to death over the past year or two.

Comment

Just got my Kamakura OCBD in the mail today. Was a little worried about sizing and ordering from Japan. The shirt fits great and the fabric and construction are great. Very impressed.
          Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Just got in the mail AE McAllisters firsts in Dark burnished brown w/ Dainite sole. LOVE them.

Comment

Thanks to [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION], I nabbed some AE for Brooks Strands in black and brown for at-home testing.

Comment

My newest watch pickup: the Orient Symphony with white face. As my second automatic watch, and second automatic from Orient (first was the Ray), I'm very pleased. It seems to keep time pretty well, only gaining about minute over two days. My excuse for it was that I needed a watch for a formal event, so I still need to pick up a black leather strap for it. I'm also thinking about picking up a lighter brown leather strap so it can be worn more casually as well. Very impressed so far with looks and function. Should be one of my new favorites.

Comment

[MENTION=13227]BuddingPT47[/MENTION] I have that exact watch. I wear it a few times a week. The standard strap is bad though. I have black leather for the formal occasions and a few NATOs otherwise. it's a pretty versatile timepiece.

Comment

Very nice -- reminds me of certain models of the Patek Calatrava without being an exact copy/"homage".

Comment

Just purchased these: http://www.colehaan.com/giraldo-doub..._shoes&start=4

would love to hear any good or bad experiences with cole haan and does anybody know if they're glued or blake/goodyear?

Thanks

Comment

Those look glued, as CHs tend to be. They don't get much love here. I have a pair that I wear on rainy days--fine for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                          Those look glued, as CHs tend to be. They don't get much love here. I have a pair that I wear on rainy days--fine for that purpose.
                          They may be glued but they're also the result of "Mixing years of top quality construction with new technology in the shoe platform, Cole Haan has created it’s lightest shoe ever." So don't be too mean about Dapper_B's shoe platform.

Comment

I just bought this pocket square and I'm SUPER excited to rock it with a pink linen tie, white shirt, cream blazer, burgundy chinos, and brown cap-toes at a wedding next month.

Comment

Originally posted by aps2012 View Post
                              They may be glued but they're also the result of "Mixing years of top quality construction with new technology in the shoe platform, Cole Haan has created it’s lightest shoe ever." So don't be too mean about Dapper_B's shoe platform.
                              Sounds like you know what you're talking about, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
                                I just bought this pocket square and I'm SUPER excited to rock it with a pink linen tie, white shirt, cream blazer, burgundy chinos, and brown cap-toes at a wedding next month.

Don't out dress the groom!

Comment

Working...
                                X