This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled the trigger on this yesterday:

It's coming from Sea-Gull in China, so here's hoping there are no postal issues.

Comment

Alden LWB in #8 shell.

Comment

Originally posted by orthoguy View Post
        I just bought a pair of pre-loved Kudu Indy's off of Ebay for $150, and they appear to be made specifically for rugged conditions. The lug sole is beefy, with plenty of cushion in the footbed. Indiana Jones would have been adventuring in these rather than leather soles if vibram had been available back in the 1940's.
        Argh. I totally held off on buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
          Alden LWB in #8 shell.
          My grail. I hate you so much right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
            My grail. I hate you so much right now.
            If it makes you feel any better, they're really great shoes and worth every penny. They match my Alden x J Crew cap toe boots perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
              If it makes you feel any better, they're really great shoes and worth every penny. They match my Alden x J Crew cap toe boots perfectly.
              I don't know who you are. And I don't know why you hate my sanity so much. But you should know that I have a very unique love of shoes. A love of shoes that makes me dangerous to men like you.

Comment

Ordered a navy mac jacket from both Gap and BR. Gap was 30% off, and BR 35% off stacked on top of a sale price. Be nice to see how they look and fit in person, hopefully one of them will work for me since I need a nice lightweight jacket to wear over my suits.

Comment

I recently found out I got into grad school in Chicgao, and having lived in Southern California for the past 9 years I lack appropriate clothing.

Over the past week picked up:
                  -J Crew Kenton Plain Toe Boot for $90 (retail $268)
                  -J Crew Cashmere Scarf for $24 (retail $110)
                  -Bonobos Technical Parka for $103 (retail $495)

I know Bonobos is overpriced at full retail, but that is nearly 80% with the promo code they are running. Hopefully now I will be at least somewhat prepared for rain/cold/snow.

Comment

Going to visit my brother in El Paso at the end of the month, picked up some warm-weather essentials during the Jcrew Factory gilt city promotion:

-Slim Pocket Tees in grey and navy. These seemed to be cut slimmer than ones I've bought in previous years.
                    -Khaki and Olive green 9" shorts. These seem to be right on par to the quality of mainline shorts. Interestingly enough, they hit my leg at the same spot as my 7" shorts from mainline. Seems like the factory cut has a bit of a higher rise, which is a welcome difference for me.
                    -Short-sleeve oxford. This also seems to be cut much slimmer than the older one it replaced. The fabric is also noticeably beefier and seems constructed better.
                    -Duffel bag in olive green. I wasn't expecting much from this for the ~40 I paid, just needed something for the trip and didnt want to spend. Well beyond my expectations, canvas seems substantial, hardware feels solid, looks great. I will probably throw a little Otter Wax on the canvas to waterproof it a bit. Much nicer than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by TKNumber3 View Post
                      Ordered a navy mac jacket from both Gap and BR. Gap was 30% off, and BR 35% off stacked on top of a sale price. Be nice to see how they look and fit in person, hopefully one of them will work for me since I need a nice lightweight jacket to wear over my suits.
                      Love my GAP mac jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                        Love my GAP mac jacket.
                        Seconded. One of the better recent purchases I've made. Fits like a glove, armholes are high and tight and not the least bit restrictive, the mid-thigh cut is flattering. Perfect warm-to-cool-weather rain jacket.

Comment

Took another step down the slippery slope of MTM clothing and ordered a test fit pair of chinos from Luxire. The test fit pairs use chino fabrics to keep costs down ($59.99), but I specified more dress trouser styling to try a few things out, including a higher rise than what's available OTR in slim styles. We'll see how I did on my measurements hopefully by the beginning of next month!

Comment

Recently added these to the closet:

6 Brooks Brothers ocbds in traditional fit, in yellow, blue uni stripe, pink, white, blue (2).
                            2 Lands' End dress twills, navy and khaki.
                            1 LL Bean cotton-cashmere cardigan in navy.

And on its way via a thrifter, a lovely old Brooks Shetland tweed three-two roll sack jacket in charcoal grey.

Basically, stocking up on some basics.

Comment

After getting hit with sticker shock during Brooks Brothers' MTM trunk show, I went through my favorite local menswear store Haymakers & Co. to order a MTM suit for my wedding this fall. Using the same factory (Southwick) and the same fabric (Barberis S120s wool), I saved over $800.

Comment

So...these happened. Alden for Epaulet Innsbruck Indys with commando sole. Picked them up BNIB off of Styleforum. Super comfortable, to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X