Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Picked up a teal cotton-cashmere sweater from BR tonight. It is crazy how cheap their sweaters get on sale. I have gotten 2 this year, the other their silk-cotton-cashmere blend, both for under $25 each. The sweater I linked is actually cheaper in-store than online.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Creature View Post
      I wish the BR trench was this length. However now looking at this one, I kinda like the single breasted style. Looks good!
      Yeah, I considered that BR one as well and I really could have gone either way. I like the Mac style of this one, though.

      Comment


        J. Crew Kenton Pacers came in the other day. They fit pretty well and will be a nice weekend boot for Spring

        http://i.imgur.com/eh26Z88.jpg?1

        J. Crew Factory Ludlow Houndstooth blazer came in today. I just threw it on with what I was wearing when I got home, and it seems like it is an ok fit out of the box. Probably just wear it as is for what I paid for it.

        http://i.imgur.com/xljQo9o.jpg?1

        Comment


          Originally posted by Shade View Post
          J. Crew Kenton Pacers came in the other day. They fit pretty well and will be a nice weekend boot for Spring
          Cool. The pair I ordered got sent back to J Crew (because Smartpost is a very good way to screw up shipping) and apparently lost on the way back. And J Crew is out of my size. So, I may or may not ever get them (I am assured they will resend them via UPS if/when they are actually returned), but this gives me some hope!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            Cool. The pair I ordered got sent back to J Crew (because Smartpost is a very good way to screw up shipping) and apparently lost on the way back. And J Crew is out of my size. So, I may or may not ever get them (I am assured they will resend them via UPS if/when they are actually returned), but this gives me some hope!
            Oh, I've been through it with SmartPost before too. What a head ache that experience was. Hopefully you get your shipment and the correct size, for the sale price they seem like a pretty good boot.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Shade View Post
              Oh, I've been through it with SmartPost before too. What a head ache that experience was. Hopefully you get your shipment and the correct size, for the sale price they seem like a pretty good boot.
              Yeah, it's a real bummer. I even bought a new jar of Sno Seal so I could experiment with dubbing them. Whatever, though. Easy come, easy go, I guess.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Shade View Post
                J. Crew Kenton Pacers came in the other day. They fit pretty well and will be a nice weekend boot for Spring

                http://i.imgur.com/eh26Z88.jpg?1

                J. Crew Factory Ludlow Houndstooth blazer came in today. I just threw it on with what I was wearing when I got home, and it seems like it is an ok fit out of the box. Probably just wear it as is for what I paid for it.

                http://i.imgur.com/xljQo9o.jpg?1
                Whats the actual fabric composition on the JCF houndstooth? I thought about buying the suit for dirt cheap, but the blend concerned me. How does it feel?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                  Whats the actual fabric composition on the JCF houndstooth? I thought about buying the suit for dirt cheap, but the blend concerned me. How does it feel?
                  It feels pretty nice. The Jacket is 68% Wool and 32% Poly and the Lining is 100% Acetate. It is definitely a good piece for the price. Feels sturdy enough to be a jacket I can just grab and throw on when I need to be a bit more formal.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    Cool. The pair I ordered got sent back to J Crew (because Smartpost is a very good way to screw up shipping) and apparently lost on the way back. And J Crew is out of my size. So, I may or may not ever get them (I am assured they will resend them via UPS if/when they are actually returned), but this gives me some hope!
                    Aaaand that's all she wrote. Checked in with J Crew today. It turns out that the customer service people I spoke with and the people at the retail store the boots were sent back to had a miscommunication and the boots were resold to someone else after they were sent back. So, sucks for me.

                    Comment


                      [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] That sucks. Did they at least offer some sort of compensation for screwing things up for you? Also, off-topic, but how do you think the Kudu Indy would hold up under rugged/hiking conditions? I'm super tempted to pick them up from Haberdash with that 25% off code...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                        [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] That sucks. Did they at least offer some sort of compensation for screwing things up for you? Also, off-topic, but how do you think the Kudu Indy would hold up under rugged/hiking conditions? I'm super tempted to pick them up from Haberdash with that 25% off code...
                        Yeah, they're sending me a $50 gift card. I just now noticed on the email notification that they're sending it via...wait for it...UPS Surepost! So I'll believe it when I see it.

                        Re. the kudu Indy's, I would imagine they'd hold up fairly well under fairly rugged conditions - though they certainly aren't hiking boots. But for a lightish day hike, they'd probably be fine. That said, I've never handled or seen Alden's kudu leather in person. I understand it's fairly rugged, though. And the soles on those boots look legit. If you think you might want them later, pull the trigger now. They aren't going to get cheaper.

                        Comment


                          I finally bit the bullet on the JCF Lightweight Wool Suit today after having my eye on it for some time. I think their suiting sale plus the Gilt City voucher got it down to the cheapest I've seen ($158 and change). Hoping this will be perfect for some upcoming summer weddings.

                          Comment


                            I just bought a pair of pre-loved Kudu Indy's off of Ebay for $150, and they appear to be made specifically for rugged conditions. The lug sole is beefy, with plenty of cushion in the footbed. Indiana Jones would have been adventuring in these rather than leather soles if vibram had been available back in the 1940's.

                            Comment


                              pulled the trigger on the irish linen sportcoat from J crew, just before the 30% off expired. I've been eyeing it for the past couple of weeks.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                                pulled the trigger on the irish linen sportcoat from J crew, just before the 30% off expired. I've been eyeing it for the past couple of weeks.
                                The unconstructed one? Want to see some pics when you get it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X