Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading a post on Red Clay Soul I found a copy of In The Kennedy Style. I am very excited to read this.

Comment

Somewhat on topic, but does J Crew adjust prices if you discovered that you had a gift card, but cannot get to it for a couple days? I know they will typically adjust prices, I just don't know if they will let you apply a gift card.

Comment

Fluco Cordovan watch band for my new Seiko ReCraft SNKN37. Love the watch did not love the band, and though it's kinda pricey, I feel like it's an excellent price for shell cordovan, and it should last me many many years. Also I'm sorta putting together a #8 accessory theme for my wedding getup.

Comment

I recently picked up The Orphan ring from NZ brand Walter Crow - www.waltercrow.co.nz

I'm not super into jewellery and was worried bout sizing online but they were pretty helpful and the simplicity of the ring is what attracted me. It's got a small black diamond in the middle of it and is engraved on the interior.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by GunsBeforeButter
            The Orphan

Thoughts?

Maybe it has some special meaning for you, but i wouldn't want to wear jewelry based on Russian prison tattoos, or really ANY prison tattoos .

Comment

Originally posted by GunsBeforeButter View Post
              I recently picked up The Orphan ring from NZ brand Walter Crow - www.waltercrow.co.nz

I'm not super into jewellery and was worried bout sizing online but they were pretty helpful and the simplicity of the ring is what attracted me. It's got a small black diamond in the middle of it and is engraved on the interior.

Thoughts?

I'm not much for jewelry beyond watches and an occasional tie bar. I struggled to pick a wedding band that I didn't hate. With that said if you are looking for a ring you could do a lot worse than the one you posted.

Comment

I read the post from Dappered regarding money clips. I took it's advice and found this money clip on Etsy for $7.00. It looks like a Taxco Sterling Silver clip with a Mayan calendar on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryryonline View Post
                  I read the post from Dappered regarding money clips. I took it's advice and found this money clip on Etsy for $7.00. It looks like a Taxco Sterling Silver clip with a Mayan calendar on it.

Cool! I was looking for a really long time for a vintage money clip that suited me. Never really found anything I felt was right, so I got a new one from an Etsy seller that does monograms.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                    Cool! I was looking for a really long time for a vintage money clip that suited me. Never really found anything I felt was right, so I got a new one from an Etsy seller that does monograms.

I love money clips. That one looks nice. My problem is I seem to constantly either a) lose them [thanks, Bulleit], or b) they get bent/distorted after a few months of use. Do you have any secrets?

Comment

Spent some time at the Smithsonia Air and Space museum over the weekend. Saw they had a bunch of NASA space suits and flight bombers for kids in the gift shop. Immediately came home and ordered the A-2 from JCrew to try out as a spring jacket. Will see if I feel cool enough to actually wear it.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...1174/C1174.jsp

Not ashamed to be inspired by gift shop children's clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                        I love money clips. That one looks nice. My problem is I seem to constantly either a) lose them [thanks, Bulleit], or b) they get bent/distorted after a few months of use. Do you have any secrets?
                        I don't generally lose the things I keep in my pockets, because I keep them in my pockets. I'm very habitual. When I had to shift my keys to my belt for lack of pocket space, I lost them all the time. That's why I created my key case, because I needed to put my keys back where they go without risk of scratching my phone.

As for getting bent, I've only had this thing about a month, but this particular one has a spring clip inside, so I think that will help keep it from getting bent.

Comment

Jumped on the ShoeMart Alden Irregulars list today and was able to snag these Model 979 LWB in Burnished Tan. They'll be here Friday, here's hoping the defect is not noticeable.

Comment

I get the emails too and wondered just how fast on the gun you had to be with those emails. I noticed the email 10 minutes after getting it and thought for sure they were all gone if I were to call. How was your experience?

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                            Jumped on the ShoeMart Alden Irregulars list today and was able to snag these Model 979 LWB in Burnished Tan. They'll be here Friday, here's hoping the defect is not noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                              I get the emails too and wondered just how fast on the gun you had to be with those emails. I noticed the email 10 minutes after getting it and thought for sure they were all gone if I were to call. How was your experience?
                              I didn't call in until about an hour after I received the email, had to call in quite a few times to get past the busy signal, and then once through maybe another 5-7 minute wait until I was connected to customer service. I thought for sure they would have sold out in my size by then, 10D, and was pleasantly surprised that they were still available.

Comment

^ Be ready to inspect them closely. I've gone through a half-dozen pairs of the shell LWB FIRSTS with each having a problem that I would deem significant for a $700 pair of shoes.

I have two more pairs on order before I call it quits on Alden.

Comment

Working...
                                X