This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
    I won a gift card from CCP and picked up a few items I have been eyeing for quite some time. With the gift card and discount I paid $3

Funny you picked up that belt, I used to worked for the company that made those. Still have a few items from my time there including two of their belts.

Comment

Originally posted by cal86 View Post
      Funny you picked up that belt, I used to worked for the company that made those. Still have a few items from my time there including two of their belts.
      I really like the belt and plan to get some other stuff from them as well.

The shirt is awesome. Great collar and the fit off the rack is amazing. I would buy all my shirts from them if they offered more options for patterns and solids, along with more collar options.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
        I really like the belt and plan to get some other stuff from them as well.

The shirt is awesome. Great collar and the fit off the rack is amazing. I would buy all my shirts from them if they offered more options for patterns and solids, along with more collar options.
        Those State Traditions belt really are a good quality belt (USA made as well)...not everyday-wear type of stuff though.

Comment

Just got the JC Factory unconstructed sportcoat that Joe has written about a few times. His review, by the way, is spot on. I had it taken in a bit on the sides and the sleeves shortened. I'm hoping that they come out with something similar in a khaki.

Comment

I stopped in Ledbury's pop-up in Georgetown today and got the the navy thin stripe shirt for just under $60 with tax. I wanted to see how their slim fit shirts, um, fit - which it turns out, is trim and they fit me well. I'd say for those who need or like an extra slim fit, you'd probably be disappointed. I found the fit to be closer to CT Slim Fit than ESF. The really difference maker, in my opinion, was the fabric - which is a 120s, and feels lightweight and silky smooth. Should be great for warmer weather (but wearable year round). [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION] did a far more thorough review on this same shirt.

I also tried on some sportcoats, but found the fit between the different styles to vary significantly. The materials were nice, but I tried on some nicer jackets that were cheaper at the Brooks Brothers clearance rack (the same 50% off that's online). I managed to restrain myself, but am still longing for a nice unstructured gun check plaid Fitzgerald I tried on...

Comment

Picked up these on Etsy just now. Kind of hoping they turn out to be shell Cordovan, but even if not, the price was right, and they look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                Picked up these on Etsy just now. Kind of hoping they turn out to be shell Cordovan, but even if not, the price was right, and they look nice.

I'm no expert, but the rolls do appear to look like shell. Great find if so!

Comment

Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
                  I'm no expert, but the rolls do appear to look like shell. Great find if so!
                  Sadly they turned out to be 11s even though they were listed as 12s

Comment

Sadly they turned out to be 11s even though they were listed as 12s
                    Aw man! That's no good...Hate when that happens!

Comment

Aw man! That's no good...Hate when that happens!
                      Pretty frustrating, but I guess it's good the seller noticed before he shipped them.

Comment

Pretty frustrating, but I guess it's good the seller noticed before he shipped them.
                        Yeah, saves the time and hassle. Still wondering if they are shell.. Maybe a size 12 on the forum will pick them up.

Comment

Yeah, saves the time and hassle. Still wondering if they are shell.. Maybe a size 12 on the forum will pick them up.
                          They actually don't look like shell to me. There appear to be some microcreases in the "rolls" which shell doesn't get. Obviously, I could be wrong, but that's my take from the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            They actually don't look like shell to me. There appear to be some microcreases in the "rolls" which shell doesn't get. Obviously, I could be wrong, but that's my take from the photo.
                            I would trust your judgment, if I remember correctly you own a few pairs of shell, right? After a second look at the picture, I see what you mean.

Comment

Except that they are size 11

Comment

I would trust your judgment, if I remember correctly you own a few pairs of shell, right? After a second look at the picture, I see what you mean.
                                Yup. I've got a few pairs. It's impossible to be sure from the photo, but it doesn't look like shell to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X