This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
    Sweet deal. I am curious with the fees as well with End. I ordered a Barbour Chelsea from them before and it was only like $90 so I didn't get hit with fees. Keep us updated on that because I can't find any relevant information regarding the import taxes.
    I wondered about that too... So far I haven't been hit with any fees... If I am at some point, I'll let you guys know here.

Comment

This wasn't with End but from another UK retailer ordering a Barbour jacket earlier in the fall, I got a bill from DHL at least 2 weeks after it had arrived for around ~$40 (I forget the exact amount).

Comment

Jumped on some early Xmas gift card shopping and picked up the JCF herringbone blazer in brown for $98, a pair of burgundy Jack Erwin Jaspers, and the JC Dock Peacoat in mossy shadow for $130, on which I took big-time sizing advice from [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]'s review. All should arrive in time for Xmas. Stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
          I had been searching for a Barbour Ashby for over a year, and finally found the deal I couldn't resist last week. Ended up finding it on Steven Alan (never had heard of them) for $260 and then had a 15% for first time purchase, and got it shipped for $221. Got it yesterday, and I really like it! Now I want it in Olive as well...too bad I will have a hard time finding that deal again.

Picked up this Outdoor Life vest for around $12...awesome find for the price! http://www.sears.com/outdoor-life-men-s-quilted-vest/p-041VA75368612P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Love the new boots I picked up. Model from a few years ago, but it's the Wolverine/Filson Rowan Boot for $125. Pretty solid boot with Horween leather and Filson canvas, and my first go round with the white vibram sole. Comfortable, but I am sure they will be a mess in a week with that white sole.
          Thanks for sharing that vest. Perfect for fall and spring golf. Had one shipped to the store for free, just a couple of miles from my office. Code for 20% is JINGLE, for any other interested parties.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGuest View Post
            Jumped on some early Xmas gift card shopping and picked up the JCF herringbone blazer in brown for $98, a pair of burgundy Jack Erwin Jaspers, and the JC Dock Peacoat in mossy shadow for $130, on which I took big-time sizing advice from [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]'s review. All should arrive in time for Xmas. Stoked.
            Awesome price on that peacoat. I've never seen it below $200!

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
              Awesome price on that peacoat. I've never seen it below $200!
              For once, my patience paid off. The mossy shadow is listed on sale at $219 and another 40% with the code JC currently has going. I'm usually the guy that sees a good sale, thinks something better will come up soon, and when it doesn't and I go to pull the trigger, my size is sold out. It was a good weekend.

Comment

After no spend November I went on a bit of spree:
                Stafford Deacon Boots

Orient Orange Bezel Mako

Invicta Speedway Two Tone
                Hadley Roma Tan Alligator strap (for the Invicta)

ORANGE New Balance old school style tennis shoes from DSQ
                Eastland Lumber Up in brown from DSW
                Last edited by frankjcampbell; December 23, 2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Went to Brooks Brothers for the after Christmas sale...Picked up a red Saxon Wool crewneck Sweater (Retail: $148). Marked down by 50% plus another 15%. Ended up paying just under $70 with tax.

Comment

I won a gift card from CCP and picked up a few items I have been eyeing for quite some time. With the gift card and discount I paid $3

Comment

Earlier this week, Amazon had a sale on New Balance shoes including the Made in the USA 574 National Parks series. Snagged this grey/yellow pair at $60 shipped - $25 gift card = $35! That's over $100 off retail.

On New Years Eve, some dude on Reddit was giving away two New Balance $40 off coupons that had to be used before the end of the year. Using that and a $100 NB gift card I received for Christmas, I nabbed this pair of Made in the USA 1300s for $25 shipped. Again, over $100 off retail!

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                        Earlier this week, Amazon had a sale on New Balance shoes including the Made in the USA 574 National Parks series. Snagged this grey/yellow pair at $60 shipped - $25 gift card = $35! That's over $100 off retail.

On New Years Eve, some dude on Reddit was giving away two New Balance $40 off coupons that had to be used before the end of the year. Using that and a $100 NB gift card I received for Christmas, I nabbed this pair of Made in the USA 1300s for $25 shipped. Again, over $100 off retail!

Love that maroon and gray pairing.

Comment

Took a day trip down to Charleston, SC with the wife yesterday and we stopped in a store downtown that carries Barbour, Filson, etc...to see if hell had frozen over and they put any of them on sale.

Ended up with the Filson Mile Marker Cover Cloth for $150 and my wife got a Barbour Beadnell for the same price.

After now having the Filson and Barbour of my own I must say the Filson holds it's own, if not a bit better with some nice details.

Comment

I pulled the trigger on this JCF tweed blazer the other day..

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-cloth...true&hash=row1

Comment

Now a fan of bean's boots

Comment

Received 2 pairs of Aldens this week that I had ordered last month. I realized I don't really dress up much since I don't work in that type of environment so I sold off a few of my dressier shoes (I kept a few pairs for suits but that's it). I wanted to pick up something more casual and versatile.

First up are these Kudu 6 eyelet chukkas on the TruBalance last. The kudu is much different than what I've seen previously on Alden models. It feels almost like calf but has darker and lighter patches depending on how much oil is in that area. I like it because it gives it more of a rugged look.

Comment

Working...
                                X