Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up my local BR store to check out the sizing on the linen blazer Joe featured this morning and I was looking around the store. I was surprised to see the Lightweight Peacoat for $69.99 and I picked it up impulsively. I was looking for a trench coat / jacket anyways. It's a little heavy but I could make it work in the New England Fall / Winters.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=32658&vid=1&pid=429749

It'd have been 90$ after discount if I'd gotten it online.

Comment

Nice score.

Comment

Very pleased with my LEC Heritage Mini Gingham Poplin Shirt in Garnet Gingham (phew, that's a mouthful). LEC smalls are just about a perfect off the rack slim fit for my 6'0 175 lb frame (15.5" x 34"). The sleeves could be 1/4" longer or so, but it's not so bad in a casual shirt. I just ironed it and it shaped up pretty well. While it's fate might be as a casual shirt, I'll wear it into my business casual workplace tomorrow, no problem.

Very pleased with this as a $20 purchase (with last week's sale and discount code).

Comment

@redbeardedmike: thx for posting your result. If I bought the small, i'd be floating in it.

Comment

I just got my small LEC Heritage Oxford shirt (in S). It is probably the slimmest fitting shirt I have. So that's probably a good thing, though I'm still not used to slim fits. I'm a 15.5"x34" (though I think my sleeve length may have gotten shorter in the past few months...). It's a bit tighter than it should be if I button the top button, but it's not impossible. I have a slim body (30" waist), and it seems to fit just right there.

As for the shirt itself, it's hard to tell. I wish they didn't try to package it so rumpled. I'll definitely have to iron it out before wearing.

Comment

One note.. The peacoat / trench i bought at BR today fits me perectly on the shoulders, however, the sleeves are a little longer to show any shirt sleeve (like the model here does).. Is that OK or does it need to be remedied somehow?

Comment

I got the same coat and I had the sleeves altered.

Comment

How difficult or easy is it to alter sleeves on a jacket like this? I'd rather return this and get a better sleeve fit than get it F*cked up by the tailor.

Comment

Personally I don't like my coat sleeves to fit like suit sleeves. I like them to cover up my shirts completely. That being said, a good tailor should be able to do the sleeves no problem. Even if it's lined. It should be similar to them shortening suit sleeves.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

My tailor said the alteration was no problem.

I agree I don't want the sleeves to look exactly like it does in the picture, however the sleeve was originally down to my mid digits. I just got it altered so it hit the top of my thumb knuckle.

Comment

Mine hits the thumb - to - hand joint. I guess I was putting too much stock in that image then.

Comment

Bought a pair of LEC Refined Slim chinos in Light Beige from their $25 sale.

I'm a 28x29 and ordered a 29x30, so I'll have to get them tailored a bit.

Comment

I just ordered a pair of the Tretorn Canvas sneakers from the sale today, I needed another pair because my white Jack Purcell's pick up dirt way to easily haha

Comment

Bought a couple staple button down oxfords with the Bonobos 30% off code. I was kicking myself for not buying a couple from the recent LEC $20 shirts sale, but I guess considering I used store credit I got for half price from the daily deal sites it works out to about $10 more per shirt, with the extra bonus of them being made in the US

I've got plaid overload in my closet right now so it's nice to get a couple of plain, versatile colored shirts.

Comment

Got my LEC order in last night from the recent $25 + 20% sale. Ordered a mix of S and M in the Heritage oxfords just to be safe after reading the comments and the crowd was right. 6', 165 and the smalls are spot on perfect. 15.5" neck, 34" sleeve, 32" waist. Also grabbed two other shirts, and some slim fit jeans and a pair of slim chinos. $20 a pop and the colored jeans are already back up to $49 with the current promo. Great deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X