Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snagged a brand new Filson 257 bag in tan for $160 shipped.

Found a link to the deal on Reddit's version of Dappered, Frugalemalefashion - link.

Apparently the little MN retailer sold so many that they ran out of stock, or Filson caught wind of it and pulled their "license". Some got lucky and had Nordstrom price match it, but some late purchasers have reported their orders being cancelled. Mine shipped and should be arriving today.
    Last edited by mcadamsandwich; December 9, 2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Filson caught wind of it and pulled their "license".
      I really hope not, that would be terrible.

Comment

Found a link to the deal on Reddit's version of Dappered, Frugalemalefashion - link.

Apparently the little MN retailer sold so many that they ran out of stock, or Filson caught wind of it and pulled their "license". Some got lucky and had Nordstrom price match it, but some late purchasers have reported their orders being cancelled. Mine shipped and should be arriving today.
        My guess would be that they simply ran out. There were several online retailers running sales on Filson stuff. I got my tin cloth short cruiser for 25% off during Black Friday and I saw other sites running sales on Filson bags

Comment

I saw that and I was very very tempted. But I lug around so much stuff these days that carrying my 256 gives me shoulder aches. Looking for a business appropriate backpack instead. But yes, that is an AWESOME deal for the 257! Congrats!

Comment

Got my size small Schott 654 in the mail the other day. Unfortunately it is very restrictive in the shoulders and upper arms. Since I'm not 100% satisfied with the fit in either size, they'll both be going back.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
              How is the fit on the Walker? I'm about to pull the trigger on the jacket, and I'm always on the line between medium and large.
              I'm 6', 155lbs, went with medium. Small was real tight to zip, medium is perfect with a button up and sweater underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                I really hope not, that would be terrible.
                Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
                My guess would be that they simply ran out. There were several online retailers running sales on Filson stuff. I got my tin cloth short cruiser for 25% off during Black Friday and I saw other sites running sales on Filson bags
                Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                I saw that and I was very very tempted. But I lug around so much stuff these days that carrying my 256 gives me shoulder aches. Looking for a business appropriate backpack instead. But yes, that is an AWESOME deal for the 257! Congrats!
                Bag came arrived last night in perfect condition. Still had all the Filson tags attached and the bridle leather was crisp and fresh, not dried out as some newer bags have had.

I think they might have been new, old stock, hence the amazing 50% off deal. The zippers are branded YKK instead of Filson, which the new bags have. I think they made this change around 2010 based on this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  Got my size small Schott 654 in the mail the other day. Unfortunately it is very restrictive in the shoulders and upper arms. Since I'm not 100% satisfied with the fit in either size, they'll both be going back.
                  If you have a Nordstrom near you, they now carry Schott jackets. I saw the 654 (or something very similar) in store the other night. Maybe drop by to try on a few different sizes?

Comment

Bag came arrived last night in perfect condition. Still had all the Filson tags attached and the bridle leather was crisp and fresh, not dried out as some newer bags have had.

I think they might have been new, old stock, hence the amazing 50% off deal. The zippers are branded YKK instead of Filson, which the new bags have. I think they made this change around 2010 based on this comment.
                    Congrats on the new bag. I was very tempted as well, but wanted the black for a more formal look (great minds think alike [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION]) Besides, still saving up for my suit.

Comment

I bought a pair of slighty used Church's Sahara from Ebay last night. Still pricey but saves me $150 or so off retail. I've been looking for a nice pair of unlined suede chukkas since the Aldens didn't seem to fit me properly. These should fit the bill.

Comment

If you have a Nordstrom near you, they now carry Schott jackets. I saw the 654 (or something very similar) in store the other night. Maybe drop by to try on a few different sizes?
                        Ehhh I already tried on a small (too small) and medium (too big)? Plus the nearest Nordstrom is a six hour drive.
                        Ben

Comment

Ordered the Bonobos Nottingham Blazer in medium grey (https://bonobos.com/products/the-not...=medium%20grey) this past Sunday during their sale and it arrived last night. I needed a casual grey tweed blazer and ordered both the 42R Standard and 42R Slim Fit. I was pretty amazed in the fit of the slim. No need for tailoring at all. Sending the standard fit back on my lunch break today. Now I feel like I should have ordered the brown herringbone one too when it was in stock but I just wasn't convinced the slim would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Got my Barbour Heritage Liddesdale that I ordered from End Clothing's Black Friday sale. $100 plus shipping. Very pleased with the fit, which I got in my regular size (small) and is almost like a tailored jacket. The jacket weight is probably more appropriate for fall/spring than winter but it's working well enough for our current 30-40┬░F winter warm spell. Shipping from the UK was fast and reasonably-priced, and no import duties since the total price was <$200.

Here it is, cross-posted from WIWT.

Had I known about this, I probably would have jumped on it, myself. I'm still satisfied with the Orvis I picked up, though. There some similarities except the Orvis has more front pockets and it's wax cloth. It arrived yesterday, and I feel like it fits well.

Comment

Recent Purchases

Purchased my first pair of Allen Edmonds 2nds. The Fullerton in 9 D. Brown Snuff Suede. It was the last Fullerton in the shoebank. $143 and couldn't be more pleased. Super comfy straight out the box, fits great. Same last that the Dalton is on so now I know the Dalton will fit great as well. Minimal defect (wavy-ness of the suede near the ankle). :
                              Last edited by danthaman; December 12, 2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Those shoes look good, and good price, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X