This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
    i just ordered the same. I used code 151269 for free shipping. my total was $65.
    How is the fit on the Harrington's jacket? Anyone have a fit picture of Harrington?

Comment

Jack Erwin Jasper, burgundy; that Joe reviewed. Nice, for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
        How is the fit on the Harrington's jacket? Anyone have a fit picture of Harrington?
        No experience with that jacket but most Orvis products are very generously sized AFAIK.
        Ben

Comment

I picked up a pair of Bonobos Travel Jeans in Santa Fe Sand for $54.

https://bonobos.com/products/travel-...ta%20fe%20sand

Comment

Picked up this Yuketen boots:

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware...shoes&index=20

the above is made in Mexico.

This one should be the same boots, but it's made in USA:

http://www.endclothing.com/brands/yu...eric-boot.html

Anyone own any Yuketen boots?

Comment

Got my Barbour Heritage Liddesdale that I ordered from End Clothing's Black Friday sale. $100 plus shipping. Very pleased with the fit, which I got in my regular size (small) and is almost like a tailored jacket. The jacket weight is probably more appropriate for fall/spring than winter but it's working well enough for our current 30-40°F winter warm spell. Shipping from the UK was fast and reasonably-priced, and no import duties since the total price was <$200.

Here it is, cross-posted from WIWT.

Ben

Comment

Looks sharp!
                I just picked one up in navy myself but in large.
                It fits great except the sleeves are about an inch too long for me. Not sure if I want to do anything about it or not.
                Looks like yours are rolled up a couple of inches from the pictures. Is that the case or am I seeing things?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandelay View Post
                  Looks sharp!
                  I just picked one up in navy myself but in large.
                  It fits great except the sleeves are about an inch too long for me. Not sure if I want to do anything about it or not.
                  Looks like yours are rolled up a couple of inches from the pictures. Is that the case or am I seeing things?
                  Yes, the sleeves are rolled. I have the torso of a 36R and the arms of a 36S so I end up rolling the sleeves on almost all my casual outerwear. I imagine it wouldn't cost much to have them shortened on this particular jacket, though, if you didn't like the rolled look.
                  Ben

Comment

Gotcha.
                    I rolled mine under today to try it out since it is not long by much. Wondering if my tailor would be able to remove that edge banding and add it back correctly after cutting a inch off. Probably not worth it though for a casual jacket.

I agree it is not going to be much use if it really gets cold.However, here in GA it will probably work most of the winter/fall with the addition of a sweater.
                    Last edited by ArtVandelay; December 8, 2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Recent Purchases

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      No experience with that jacket but most Orvis products are very generously sized AFAIK.
                      Yep. I have the Orvis sandanonna quilted vest and had to go down a size

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        Got my Barbour Heritage Liddesdale that I ordered from End Clothing's Black Friday sale. $100 plus shipping. Very pleased with the fit, which I got in my regular size (small) and is almost like a tailored jacket. The jacket weight is probably more appropriate for fall/spring than winter but it's working well enough for our current 30-40°F winter warm spell. Shipping from the UK was fast and reasonably-priced, and no import duties since the total price was <$200.

Here it is, cross-posted from WIWT.

I really dig this jacket. I'm about 5'10 and wear a 38 jacket. do you think I should go for the medium?

Comment

[MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION]

I am 6'2" and wear a 42 jacket and got a large. It is a nice tailored fit for me if that helps any.

Comment

Originally posted by jayashae View Post
                            I really dig this jacket. I'm about 5'10 and wear a 38 jacket. do you think I should go for the medium?
                            Originally posted by ArtVandelay View Post
                            [MENTION=13032]jayashae[/MENTION]

I am 6'2" and wear a 42 jacket and got a large. It is a nice tailored fit for me if that helps any.
                            Yeah I would probably suggest the medium unless you like a REALLY fitted jacket. I normally wear 36R and the small is pretty snug on me, it would probably be a sausage casing on anyone much bigger.
                            Ben

Comment

Over the last couple months in no particular order...

JCF Walker vest in black.

Seiko SNK809.

Woolrich Yankee boot in black (in transit!)

J.Crew Ludlow deconstructed chambray blazer when they were on clearance and sale a while back. Ended up at about $80?

At Ross a while back found a pair of selvege raw denim from a brand called "People vs. West". Hard to find any info and their website is horrible, I can't really tell if they're even still In business, but finally tracked down that these are 14 oz Cone Mills fabric. They have some interesting/different details that make em go well as a casual jean with my work shirts, boots and what not. They are not " dress" dark denim. But I actually kinda get the appeal of jeans like this now. They've been the only pair of pants I've been wearing on the weekends to break them in. And for only $24.99! I see some Gustins in my future.

Variety of sweaters from JCF and Old Navy.

A thrifted Old Navy brown cord sport coat. Fits like a glove and replaces the other thrifted brown cord jacket I'd been using.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                                Over the last couple months in no particular order...

JCF Walker vest in black.

Seiko SNK809.

Woolrich Yankee boot in black (in transit!)

J.Crew Ludlow deconstructed chambray blazer when they were on clearance and sale a while back. Ended up at about $80?

At Ross a while back found a pair of selvege raw denim from a brand called "People vs. West". Hard to find any info and their website is horrible, I can't really tell if they're even still In business, but finally tracked down that these are 14 oz Cone Mills fabric. They have some interesting/different details that make em go well as a casual jean with my work shirts, boots and what not. They are not " dress" dark denim. But I actually kinda get the appeal of jeans like this now. They've been the only pair of pants I've been wearing on the weekends to break them in. And for only $24.99! I see some Gustins in my future.

Variety of sweaters from JCF and Old Navy.

A thrifted Old Navy brown cord sport coat. Fits like a glove and replaces the other thrifted brown cord jacket I'd been using.
                                How is the fit on the Walker? I'm about to pull the trigger on the jacket, and I'm always on the line between medium and large.

Comment

Working...
                                X