Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got around to trying on my new Filson tin cloth short cruiser and it fits like a glove. 25% off Black Friday deal.

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
        Failed purchase here: G.H. Bass Cedar Shoe care kit Total: $23.06 with discounts.

This thing is TINY. (I added a pen in the picture for a size comparison). The cedar wood is nice, but inside is a mini-size shoe brush, and hardly anything else will fit in it, other that what came with it. And the lid of the black polish tin was off when I opened the box. This is more like a travel kit, but why would I take a wood box on a trip?

The shoe horn is fairly nice, and at least I can salvage the polishing cloth, and maybe use the neutral cream since I don't have that color yet. I've never used those foam type applicators before. Probably it was a waste to buy this.

Thanks for sharing. The previous week I had picked up the shoe care kit from JAB for <$9, at that price now with free shipping. I saw the kit at Bass during BF and compared the two and ended up keeping the JAB on. For the price and content it is hard to beat.
        Last edited by firemunkee; December 3, 2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I just made my first retail clothing purchase in over a year (excluding ebay purchases or second-hand stuff). I just snagged this Orvis Bolton Wax Cloth Jacket. Original retail is $275, but I picked it up for $130.30 by converging three sales.

http://www.orvis.com/p/bolton-wax-cloth-jacket/8r5l

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I've got the Schott 654 cafe racer jacket in brown incoming in a couple different sizes. Assuming one of the sizes works, it will probably end up getting repackaged as a Christmas gift to me from my family.

Quintessential BenR, right there. I like it.

Comment

I've got the Schott 654 cafe racer jacket in brown incoming in a couple different sizes. Assuming one of the sizes works, it will probably end up getting repackaged as a Christmas gift to me from my family.

Got my size medium in the mail - it fits pretty well in the shoulders but is a bit loose everywhere else. My size small should arrive by next Monday. Hopefully the small isn't too tight in the shoulders.
              Ben

Comment

Got my size medium in the mail - it fits pretty well in the shoulders but is a bit loose everywhere else. My size small should arrive by next Monday. Hopefully the small isn't too tight in the shoulders.
                Fingers crossed.

Comment

2 of my 3 Valstarino came in today.

beige one is too tight, wool one fits funny, both are size 40. The sizing on these varies by material, and it's just really hard to predict. Will try to put up pics soon before sending at least one of them back.

Comment

I've picked up many things over the last two months as part of a wardrobe overhaul. Today's package list included a pair of JCP Gunners in black, size 11. They fit spot on, even better than the Deacons. A J. Crew Dock Peacoat in Navy, lightly used for $100 off eBay. I'm very pleased with that one...all the coat at half the price of their best sales.

Also got back my $50 Hickey Freeman sport coat (eBay) from the tailor. There's no longer just $50 invested, as he is expensive. On the bright side, it fits very well and goes with darn near everything. Same tailor also finished my Combatant Gentlemen slim fit navy glen plaid suit jacket, so that suit is complete and ready for wear. I like it a lot, much like the gray that I already have from them.

Busy day around my place.

Comment

Harrington jacket from Orvis. Just ordered it for about $79 with sale and coupon.

http://www.orvis.com/p/soft-top-jacket/6e25

Comment

i just ordered the same. I used code 151269 for free shipping. my total was $65.

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post
                          i just ordered the same. I used code 151269 for free shipping. my total was $65.
                          I got it to go down to $79 after the code, what am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
                            I got it to go down to $79 after the code, what am I missing?
                            I think RishiK lives in a state with no sales tax.

Comment

I would give it a shot but only size Small remaining.

Comment

Oh boy got my leather Valstarino today and it's amazing. It also arrived in sorta rough shape so I'm gonna call Yoox about it.

Any advice on caring for goatskin leather?

Comment

Working...
                                X