Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on Joe's Thurs. handful I checked out Club Monaco's clearance section and bought two pair of chinos for $35 shipped. I don't own any CM chinos, but based on the description I'm assuming their "Kennedy" fit is similar to JCrew's "Classic" fit... We'll see. They didn't appear to be final sale (there was nothing indicating "no returns" anyway), so I figured taking a chance on $15 chinos wasn't much of a gamble.

Ended up grabbing some in navy and a pair in dark grey (or "Smog"). If they're comparable to JCrew in quality then I'll be very satisfied at $15 each!

Comment

Shomas - I'm jelly!

I grabbed 2 wool trousers from JCrew that Joe had mentioned at the end of his Thurs handful. I'll see if they're worth keeping once they arrive.

I recently ordered a pair of Kenilworths and Strawfuts from the shoe bank. AmEx has an extra $50 off a $200 purchase at AE that I had to try. I'm still trying to get sizing right on the Kenilworths so I'll post on that once it's sorted out. The Strawfuts though . . . . OMG!! Most comfortable shoes ever. If you live in the south or any place that gets hot and humid, I would highly suggest trying them out. I ordered the brown/navy and the brown/linen. I can't speak highly of the linen onces since they are lined and feel like any other AE's to me. The navy mesh ones are not lined where the mesh is. This makes them very light, flexible, and breathable. I was so impressed that I called this morning to purchase the brown/brown mesh ones as well. Unfortunately the stock on the site is incorrect and they don't have them in my size. I can't recommend them enough at their current shoebank price tag of $127.

Comment

i might have ran into you there shomas...

Comment

A few days ago I bought this little guy! http://www.realmenswallets.com/produ...llets-for-men/

Comment

Yesterday I bought the J Crew Factory Navy Tweed sport coat. On Black Friday, I plan on buying a Banana Republic Navy Corduroy Blazer.

Gonna do a rolling review and figure out which I prefer, then send back the one I like less.

Comment

Ok, I'd be interested in seeing your opinion on the navy tweed.

Comment

After standing outside in freezing rain for an hour yesterday, as well as a week's worth of early morning dog walks with my new puppy, I decided to invest in a couple pairs of flannel-lined Carhartts. I picked the washed twill version up at my local ranch supply store and the fit is actually not awful. Comparable to J.Crew straight fit or Levi's 501. The style is obviously ill-suited for anything other than casual, outdoor use, though.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  After standing outside in freezing rain for an hour yesterday, as well as a week's worth of early morning dog walks with my new puppy, I decided to invest in a couple pairs of flannel-lined Carhartts. I picked the washed twill version up at my local ranch supply store and the fit is actually not awful. Comparable to J.Crew straight fit or Levi's 501. The style is obviously ill-suited for anything other than casual, outdoor use, though.
                  Awesome. I've always thought those Carhartt pants were cool, but I've never had any legitimate reason for them.

More importantly, though, what are the details on the puppy?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    NWT or thrifted?

Comment

I used to wear them in high school and college. I worked construction and landscaping. They certainly do stand up to a beating. Same with their jackets. As LBD stated, I couldn't see anyone wearing them outside of actually being outside and working. Or at a cabin. Or in the mountains. Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        Awesome. I've always thought those Carhartt pants were cool, but I've never had any legitimate reason for them.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to be a Montana resident if you don't own at least one Carhartt item.

The puppy is an 11-week-old schnauzer named Freddie. I've been wanting a dog for a while now and the stars finally aligned.

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                        I used to wear them in high school and college. I worked construction and landscaping. They certainly do stand up to a beating. Same with their jackets. As LBD stated, I couldn't see anyone wearing them outside of actually being outside and working. Or at a cabin. Or in the mountains. Etc.
                        I've gone through my fair share of Carhartts, especially when I worked construction for my dad in high school. These ones are very soft and pre-broken in, unlike the regular double-knee duck version will stand up on their own before the first ten washings or so. These ones are probably not as rugged for actual work purposes, but way more comfortable for my needs.
                        Ben

Comment

Just received my first pair of Allen Edmonds in the mail today! Went for the big boy boots during their boot sale and got the Daltons in Burgundy Shell Cordovan. Damn! That's all I can say. Wore them around the house for a bit to get a feel for them and they kind of make me want to go wrestle a bear or something.

Comment

Got my first pair, two pairs!, of AEs from eBay. Both are the Boulevard. Total including shipping was $65! I tried doing some research and I think they were last made in 1988? Regardless, I was very impressed with the condition.

Does anyone know if the cork bed will reshape to my foot? They're not uncomfortable, just noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
                              Got my first pair, two pairs!, of AEs from eBay. Both are the Boulevard. Total including shipping was $65! I tried doing some research and I think they were last made in 1988? Regardless, I was very impressed with the condition.

Does anyone know if the cork bed will reshape to my foot? They're not uncomfortable, just noticeable.
                              Wow, those look nice. Especially the brown. A little TLC and those will be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                                Wow, those look nice. Especially the brown. A little TLC and those will be excellent.
                                Yup, that's the plan. I'm going to swing by AE after work to pick up some supplies

Comment

Working...
                                X