Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION], 1st was their test shirt, $50 shipped, then an oxford for $60 and this latest was the Lustrous Fine White for $70.
    That's the best way to start with fit.
    I took a couple well fitting shirts and took the best measurements and put them together. Then refined from there. Its been very small changes on each one. As small as .125" in some cases. I've used a couple different Proper Cloth collars for measurements. The SF spreadsheet has some great options too.
    [MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION], soon. Its in the wash to get rid of the shipping wrinkles!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
      Too narrow? I thought they were decently roomy and I always think of my feet as rather wide. I am a borderline D on a brannock. I won't ever try the Simpson though as I know that will be extremely narrow.
      [MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION]: Interesting. I thought Oscar was less wide than Inca, Soller or Rain. Do you own anything on Allen Edmonds' 5 last (or other lasts for that matter)? Curious what width size you are in AE.

I'm also looking at skoak's EG Galway GMTO. They seem to allow different widths. In researching that, I went down a rabbit hole and am looking at various lasts from VASS too. Sigh.

Comment

i was thinking of their galway also. it's the perfect model of galway, plus it's cheaper than usual. goodbye savings...

Comment

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION]: I hear you. It seems like a pretty versatile boot. I'm curious, do you see yourself wearing it mostly with casual wear or dressing it up as well? I have no intentions of wearing it with suits, but would like boots that can do double duty with sport coats.

Comment

Just grabbed some Chippewa 190125 Cordovan (color) Service Boots (http://www.chippewaboots.com/footwea...tility/1901M25). Anyone have any experience on how much Obenauf darkens the cordovan color? Never put it on something this dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
              [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION]: I hear you. It seems like a pretty versatile boot. I'm curious, do you see yourself wearing it mostly with casual wear or dressing it up as well? I have no intentions of wearing it with suits, but would like boots that can do double duty with sport coats.
              i can see them fitting in perfectly for those suit but not a suit days. i have lots of odd trousers in mind, flannels, cuffs, etc that would look great with galways. i don't see myself wearing them with jeans though; i can't even bring myself to wear alden shell longwings with jeans.

Comment

Galways...drool.

Comment

!
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

!
                    Is that the Boden quilted jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

!
                      Cute!

(And the jacket, too.)

Comment

Bought this Casio watch last month. I just wanted something that was cheap, looked good with any outfit, and told time. Boom. If it breaks/gets scratched/stolen...I can replace it. Not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                          Can you post some pics of the fit [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION]
                          Sorry for the giant tablet in the pics, my phone was dead. Straight out the wash, un-ironed.

I think I hit what I wanted, slim without being tight, no extra fabric to fold over in the back, and a reasonably slim arm. What a "classic" fit should be.

Comment

That's a very good fit.

Comment

Got my Stafford Deacons in today. Initial impressions are positive. Good leather, good color, no flaws, etc. Tried them on and they were slightly long, but I am afraid if I size down they might be too snug. The tongue doesn't close how I'd like, but I knew from other reviews to expect this. Its really not noticeable but just being picky.

Tomorrow they shall get a day to show me what they are really made of. I expect they are gonna really do well for $50.

Comment

After about a month or two the Deacons are holding up well. The leather is really supple and much more forgiving then say my Beckmans.

Comment

Working...
                                X