X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    I just bought these: http://unionmadegoods.com/product/al...color-8-44663/

I have a shoe problem. Or an income problem. Maybe both. Either way, I can't wait to take delivery on these.
    Definitely an income problem. If I won the lottery, I'd wear nothing but Shell dress boots/shoes. GORGEOUS.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Definitely an income problem. If I won the lottery, I'd wear nothing but Shell dress boots/shoes. GORGEOUS.
      Yeah, if I won the lottery, I'm certain I'd wind up being one of those people they call "eccentric." As it is, having to maintain a modicum of respectability is all that keeps some of my worse impulses in check.

Comment

Shomas wow,can't fault that choice. If it were me I'd be super tempted to put that money on a cigar shell boot instead but I don't know if I'm patient enough for that sort of hunt and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          Shomas wow,can't fault that choice. If it were me I'd be super tempted to put that money on a cigar shell boot instead but I don't know if I'm patient enough for that sort of hunt and wait.
          Yeah, cigar or ravello would be my preference, but given how dark the last run of cigar was and the fact that these have an antique edge...close enough. I think I'll get a ton of wear out of these. And I'm definitely not patient enough for the multiyear wait of holding out for the exotic shell.

Comment

I have a shoe problem. Or an income problem. Maybe both. Either way, I can't wait to take delivery on these.
            If you have a problem with spending your income, I will take one for the team and help. Teach us the ways to make a salary that permits Alden Shell boots Shomas

Comment

Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
              If you have a problem with spending your income, I will take one for the team and help. Teach us the ways to make a salary that permits Alden Shell boots Shomas
              Step 1: Be wildly financially irresponsible...
              Step 2: ???
              Step 3: Boots!

Comment

Such a cool looking jacket. I'm with [MENTION=3047]Jake101[/MENTION] - I'd layer under it like it was my job in order to get some immediate wear out of it. Nobody ever accused me of being a patient man.
                Like I said, even if I did layer it's still too cold out, so the trucker would be useless. It was in the teens today so I wore my J Crew skiff jacket which kept me pretty warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
                  @Vanquish: Love the frankenstitch jumper. Unfortunately, I don't think the Oscar last's width would work for my feet. I'm holding out for something similar but wider in Inca, Soller, or Rain. They don't seem to do jumpers in Soller or Rain though. Wear it in good health!
                  Too narrow? I thought they were decently roomy and I always think of my feet as rather wide. I am a borderline D on a brannock. I won't ever try the Simpson though as I know that will be extremely narrow.

Comment

*drool*

Comment

I bought a pair of Velasca REGOLĂ€ loafers in black calf. I have worn them about 10 times and they are very comfortable! Best loafers I have ever owned.

http://www.velasca.com
                      Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Hope I can grab some alden Indy #8 in shell next August.

Comment

I've been looking for a Scotch/Pebble grain boot to wear during the fall/winter (and in Chicago, probably "spring"). Finally settled on the Alfred Sargent Cambridge: http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/co...ntry-cambridge

There's a 20% off code on Styleforum right now which combined with free shipping and no VAT made these relatively affordable.

Comment

Received my third shirt from Luxire tonight, and I think I've got my fit down perfect now. A bit less taper in the waist and I tried out a different collar. Drapes much better now,and although there's more room in the waist, its a more flattering fit. I don't think I'll change anything for the next order!

Comment

[MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION] how much do you wind up paying per shirt, on average? Tempted to go this route w/ one of the Styleforum collars and basing it on a shirt that already fits me well.

Comment

Can you post some pics of the fit [MENTION=6587]andrewlcraft[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X