This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Long time no post, as I've been avoiding y'all so that I kept my spending down. I did however buy a bit of a splurge item for my 30th that's coming up later this month... a pair of Oak Street cap-toe trench boots in natural chromexel ( http://oakstreetbootmakers.com/footw...oe-trench-boot ).
    Those look superb. Been thinking about plunking down some $$$ on natl cxl split toes from Alden. Post pics when you can.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
      If they fit you, I think you'll really like them. I wore mine to work and after a day, I can appreciate the fabric more.

The fit does seem roomier in the thigh for me, but I'll damned If I can't see a difference in the lower leg and cuff opening. Laying directly on top of my slim Weekday Warriors the cuff is virtually identical, and there is supposed to be an inch difference between the two fits. Honestly, I like how this particular pair fits better than the slim W/W's. I'm learning that I like a higher rise these days....
      I go these a couple of days ago and I'm wearing them today. You're right - the construction is solid and the material is super nice. The fit is just about perfect, as it turns out. The thigh isn't to tight, but not baggy at all, and below the knee, it tapers just enough to look sharp and not too casual. I'm really glad I picked these up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        I go these a couple of days ago and I'm wearing them today. You're right - the construction is solid and the material is super nice. The fit is just about perfect, as it turns out. The thigh isn't to tight, but not baggy at all, and below the knee, it tapers just enough to look sharp and not too casual. I'm really glad I picked these up.
        Awesome! I happen to be wearing mine again today as well!

Comment

Ravello shell LWBs arrived today

Taste the rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy127 View Post
            From AoC right? This batch of Ravello is particularly beautiful. Big fan of both Ravello and Cigar shells, will someday pickup shoes in both (at least LWBs). Don't like Whiskey shell as much but I can't hate on it either. Great collection of shoes.

Comment

Yep, AoC. And actually, the "cigar" one is a brown shell MacNeil from Allen Edmonds. The rest are Aldens though.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

I received mine this week too. Very glad I went with ravello.
                I will get these topied along with these CJ Giannis that I received back in June.

[IMG][/IMG]

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] I agree that whiskey is the least attractive. Whiskey can sometimes end up looking like the color of baby poop. But when it comes out right, they look amaazing!

Comment

Just received my BR order:
                  Slim fit check shirt, slim fit micro-stripe shirt, aiden stone chinos, merino wool v-neck for $67 shipped including tax.

Also recent buys the past few months that I started wearing more:
                  SS Napoli in gray. Jacket fits great OTR and just got the pants back from the tailor. Best fitting suit I own.
                  AE Hancock in burgundy
                  AE BB Park avenue in brown

Comment

Since a brown balmoral boot with rubber soles was on my F/W '14 Lust List, I went ahead and ordered these from Meermin:

Its a group MTO, so won't ship until January, which is pretty much about the time I'll need it.

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION]: Congrats on deciding! Looking forward to seeing your review of it. Still waiting on my ECs. [MENTION=9480]movoblast[/MENTION]: Replying ot an old post but i've seen more pics of the Giannis lately and damn I want them. Not sure if I'd want them more if they were split toe, but they're sooo nice.

Comment

Nothing too extravagant. Hit Target and picked up some staples:

Brown Merona Cardigan- fit is snug but I knew it would stretch a tad. So far I love it.
                        http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...#prodSlot=_1_3

Plaid Merona Button Down- nice fit
                        http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...#prodSlot=_1_2

The combo may have been a little over $60 but, my goodness, Target is the death of me. I buy something(s) every week and the fit are pretty close to perfect.

Comment

Just went into Nordstrom today just to try on the Hbone trim fit dress shirt that was in the date night article. And, needless to say, I walked out with a Hbone trim fit dress shirt. I've never had an OTR dress shirt fit me so perfectly. I will not be shopping anywhere else for dress shirts ever again.

Comment

Bought a Suit Supply Dark Grey Napoli Purple Label Suit. I lost a ton of weight and my old Jos A Banks suit no longer fit (and couldn't be tailored and wasn't worth tailoring anyway.) The fit on the Suit Supply suit is great! I bought it at the Denver Suit Supply store. Great customer service. http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...Classic-Napoli
                            Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

I picked up a pair of Allen Edmonds cordovan Bradleys on eBay for $150. Sent them in for recrafting ($150 dollar package) and they look brand new. Great shoes! Very comfortable
                              Before - http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...psd2e7494b.jpg
                              After - http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6a8c52bb.jpg
                              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

The after leather looks great. The scratches are gone, and it even looks a darker shade. I wonder how the inside looks.

Please post suit fit pics if you have them.

Comment

Working...
                                X