Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the JCrew Bowery Slim chino in navy during the recent 25% off sale. Came out to $69.14 including tax and shipping. Still high, but it looks good. Interestingly, they did not offer a Bowery Slim chino in an olive color, or else I might have considered that. I considered the grey color, but then I thought navy would look better. Does anyone know if the color fades much?

This will be my second Bowery chino. I really liked the first one I got in caramel brown at the store on clearance. The material is soft and comfortable, in medium weight and should be wearable during all seasons. Here's the fit:

I culled some trousers recently, and I'm trying to keep them to a minimum now.

So far I have six trouser in my collection: two Bowery slim chino (above), two linen trousers (navy Jcrew and khaki BB Fitz), and two flannel trousers (navy BB Fitz and charcoal JCrew Ludlow). No jeans.
    Last edited by LCDR; August 28, 2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
      Got the JCrew Bowery Slim chino in navy during the recent 25% off sale. Came out to $69.14 including tax and shipping. Still high, but it looks good. Interestingly, they did not offer a Bowery Slim chino in an olive color, or else I might have considered that. I considered the grey color, but then I thought navy would look better. Does anyone know if the color fades much?

This will be my second Bowery chino. I really liked the first one I got in caramel brown at the store on clearance. The material is soft and comfortable, in medium weight and should be wearable during all seasons. Here's the fit:

I culled some trousers recently, and I'm trying to keep them to a minimum now.

So far I have six trouser in my collection: two Bowery slim chino (above), two linen trousers (navy Jcrew and khaki BB Fitz), and two flannel trousers (navy BB Fitz and charcoal JCrew Ludlow). No jeans.
      Unless I'm mistaken, those are cotton dress pants...not chinos.

Comment

I believe "chino" refers to the fabric and not to the actual cut of the pants.

Regards,
        Vic
        "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
          I believe "chino" refers to the fabric and not to the actual cut of the pants.

Regards,
          Vic
          um...i believe they're not chino material either? i have a pair of j crew chinos and the cotton twill pants...they're totally different

i'm no expert though...

Comment

The material is cotton twill. I just call them chinos because it's cotton and I plan to wear them casually. But I guess JCrew markets the Bowerys as dressy pants.

Comment

Chino is a cotton twill material.

There's an interesting debate out there on the difference between chinos and khakis when referring to cotton twill trousers.

Six on one, half-dozen on the other.

Regards,
              Vic
              "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Here is my recent Purchase from H&M

Entire outfit for 270 dollars at h&m wich is really affordable. Even threw in some discount codes in the pool and ended up at 240. Now fall can arrive her in Norway.

Premium cotton trench 129
                Black Wool blend windowpane trousers 59
                Premium cotton shirt 39
                Merino wool sweater 39

Comment

Here's the jacket of my MTM suit from Andrew Lock. Will post pics after it comes back from the tailor, had to take out the waist and the seat.
                  The lighting shows it in a grayish hue, but it's really a navy.

Comment

Just bought a pair of Gap selvedge jeans that were mispriced + 40% off for signing up for a Gap card. Total price: $58.60

Do I win?

Comment

Just ordered a MTM Navy wool blazer. Filling a GLARING hole in my wardrobe. Stupidly excited about it.

Comment

Originally posted by frankjcampbell View Post
                        Just ordered a MTM Navy wool blazer. Filling a GLARING hole in my wardrobe. Stupidly excited about it.
                        where/price?

Comment

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
                          Just bought a pair of Gap selvedge jeans that were mispriced + 40% off for signing up for a Gap card. Total price: $58.60

Do I win?
                          GAP selvage usually can be had much cheaper than that. I don't recall paying more than $30-35$ for all three my gap pairs. Word of caution! They bleed like a mother! Worst crocking pair of jeans I have beware especially bad in rain/snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                            GAP selvage usually can be had much cheaper than that. I don't recall paying more than $30-35$ for all three my gap pairs. Word of caution! They bleed like a mother! Worst crocking pair of jeans I have beware especially bad in rain/snow.
                            I don't mind them much. I like the Uniqlo selvedge better but for inexpensive jeans they're ok. Are the Gaps unsanforized?

Comment

Got the Casio a couple of weeks ago but the band just arrived.

Comment

I picked up an Orvis Harris Tweed 3/2 roll jacket the other day. Cant wait to break it out this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X