This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
    Nice! All things considered, C&J should be as good as Alden, or maybe even better, and you certainly can't beat the price as Aldens hardly ever go on sale. I hope you'll post some pictures when they arrive!
    yep, that's the only reason I bought them. since C&J has a pretty good rep in the shoe business I figured it's no loss. plus, they were only $229 shipped. compare that with a pair of Alden suede PTB's which would run me about $500 easily. i'll definitely post pics. I should be getting them this Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
      yep, that's the only reason I bought them. since C&J has a pretty good rep in the shoe business I figured it's no loss. plus, they were only $229 shipped. compare that with a pair of Alden suede PTB's which would run me about $500 easily. i'll definitely post pics. I should be getting them this Thursday
      Did you go TTS?

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
        Did you go TTS?
        yes and no. if you go to the barneyswarehouse.com site and look up the Crockett & Jones Sedgemoore 2 you'll see in their dropdown menu for sizes that they list the US size and the UK equivalent. So, I chose a 9US but it's an 8UK equivalent which sounds about right. I have a pair of Alfred Sargent Moores that are also an 8UK, so the C&J's should fit. the listing didn't say anything about the width of the shoe, so I can only assume that it's a standard width. I hope they fit because this was a final sale item and is non-returnable

Comment

yes and no. if you go to the barneyswarehouse.com site and look up the Crockett & Jones Sedgemoore 2 you'll see in their dropdown menu for sizes that they list the US size and the UK equivalent. So, I chose a 9US but it's an 8UK equivalent which sounds about right. I have a pair of Alfred Sargent Moores that are also an 8UK, so the C&J's should fit. the listing didn't say anything about the width of the shoe, so I can only assume that it's a standard width. I hope they fit because this was a final sale item and is non-returnable
          Beautiful shoes. Not sure if they are the same, but according to C&J's website they are on an E fitting.
          http://www.crockettandjones.com/prod...e#.U_PITWOfhI0
          "Tempus Fugit"

Comment

Originally posted by Sudonihm View Post
            Beautiful shoes. Not sure if they are the same, but according to C&J's website they are on an E fitting.
            http://www.crockettandjones.com/prod...e#.U_PITWOfhI0
            based on what I know of some Northhamptonshire shoe manufacturers, an E fitting is the UK equivalent to a D width in the US. I think C&J uses this as well as EG. Alfred Sargent uses an F fitting.

Comment

i'm starting to get nervous about the fit of the C&J's. I wouldn't worry so much if I could exchange them but since it was a final sale item I can't do that. the only reason i'm nervous is that like with any last, they will all vary. some lasts you will go down a half size, others a full size. I based my order on my Alden shoe size on the Hampton last (US9D TTS) and my Alfred Sargent Moore (8UK F). I hope Barney's got their sizes correct.

Comment

i'm starting to get nervous about the fit of the C&J's. I wouldn't worry so much if I could exchange them but since it was a final sale item I can't do that. the only reason i'm nervous is that like with any last, they will all vary. some lasts you will go down a half size, others a full size. I based my order on my Alden shoe size on the Hampton last (US9D TTS) and my Alfred Sargent Moore (8UK F). I hope Barney's got their sizes correct.
                You can sell them if they don't fit. C&J's is a well known and well regarded brand. Limited risk in my opinion. If they fit, awesome. If they don't, sell them and move on. I, for one, hope they fit you.
                "Tempus Fugit"

Comment

Got my C&J Sedgemoore 2's in the mail today and I'm very pleased with my purchase. Thankfully, they fit like a glove.

Color: nut suede
                  Last: 335

Comment

Got my C&J Sedgemoore 2's in the mail today and I'm very pleased with my purchase. Thankfully, they fit like a glove.

Can you comment on sizing compared to barrie last or 325 last (marlow wingtip)? So did you order your brannock size? Really interested but I'm a wimp when it comes to taking risks with sizing. By the way, they look awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                      Can you comment on sizing compared to barrie last or 325 last (marlow wingtip)? So did you order your brannock size? Really interested but I'm a wimp when it comes to taking risks with sizing. By the way, they look awesome!
                      I ordered my brannock size which is a 9.

This is what I wear in other shoe sizes:

Alden Hampton last - 9D
                      Alden Tru Balance last - 8.5D
                      Alfred Sargent 724 last - UK8F (this is their standard width)

These particular C&J's have US sizing stamped on the inside of the shoe, so mine say 9D. When I ordered them through the barneyswarehouse.com site the size dropdown menu listed 9 along with 8UK as the English equivalent. Hope that helps

Comment

Wow! That is all.

Comment

I ordered my brannock size which is a 9.

This is what I wear in other shoe sizes:

Alden Hampton last - 9D
                          Alden Tru Balance last - 8.5D
                          Alfred Sargent 724 last - UK8F (this is their standard width)

These particular C&J's have US sizing stamped on the inside of the shoe, so mine say 9D. When I ordered them through the barneyswarehouse.com site the size dropdown menu listed 9 along with 8UK as the English equivalent. Hope that helps
                          So you're the exact same size as me. That's what I wear in all those brands.

Comment

Just bought a pair of Red Wing Beckmans in black cherry. Went a half size down, as my TTS black Beckmans are a tad too big (exchanging them from Nordy's website). Hopefully that'll be my last boot purchase for a while.

Comment

I just picked up (or rather was shipped) the H&M Navy Trench from this past Thursday's Handful.

My initial impression is that it's quite nice. It has some good weight to it - it feels substantial. The construction seems solid and consistent. The buttons are heavy and don't feel overly cheap. The color is dark, so this is a true navy. I haven't tried it over a jacket yet, but my initial feeling is that it won't do well over one. I say this primarily due to the lining, which in the sleeves and back of the trench is oxford cloth. The oxford cloth lining is a little "grabby" and doesn't slide nicely over whatever you're wearing under the trench.

I have not tested it in rain, but I did splash a little on the sleeve. Most of the water seemed to run off, while a little was absorbed. I think it will fair moderately well in the rain as-is, but in a downpour I think I'd be wet depending on exposure time. I may give this a Scotchgard treatment to reinforce it's water repellent properties.

At this point I'm happy with it, and from my limited hands-on time I'd recommend it.

Comment

Nice pickup. They had a couple of jackets I was interested in when I was rummaging through the racks this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X