This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
    I had an extra pair of pants made, and went with some more expensive details like the buttons, and the half butterfly lining, and it was only 800
    That's a great price. Definitely let us know how they turn out. I wouldn't mind something like that for the cooler months.

Comment

I'd be lying if I said this was my first suit with him. The quality and fit are excellent, as well as the detailing thats offered.

EDIT: In the past I went with a much slimmer fit and a more trendy look, but for this one I opted for a fuller cut, so we'll see how that one turns out. fingers crossed.

Here's a pic of my first suit (wedding suit) for reference -
      Last edited by Jake101; August 7, 2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Did you make any changes to the shoulder this time around? From the side Idk how much I like the expression vs something a bit less soft. Overall very nice though. Amazing price too. Wish we had someone like him in Houston. Closest thing is Sid Mashburn.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          Did you make any changes to the shoulder this time around? From the side Idk how much I like the expression vs something a bit less soft. Overall very nice though. Amazing price too. Wish we had someone like him in Houston. Closest thing is Sid Mashburn.
          Hey LR - I did make some changes, most notably opening up the armhole and putting a little more padding in there. I originally went with the soft shoulder because of my really broad shoulders, and TBH, it's not the best picture. Yeah it's really a great value. I'm positive he makes trips to the west coast LA area often - I know that doesn't really help you much, but LA is definitely closer to you then NY.

EDIT: Better Angle. Don't mind the wrinkling, I was moving around a lot at this point.

Last edited by Jake101; August 8, 2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Scored last fall/winters St. Johns Clay boots to use as beaters this fall/winter for....wait for it.....$9 at my local JCP. Last pair in the store.

Comment

I think I've just found me next suit, and perhaps shoes! thanks for sharing, those look great.

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
              Hey LR - I did make some changes, most notably opening up the armhole and putting a little more padding in there. I originally went with the soft shoulder because of my really broad shoulders, and TBH, it's not the best picture. Yeah it's really a great value. I'm positive he makes trips to the west coast LA area often - I know that doesn't really help you much, but LA is definitely closer to you then NY.

EDIT: Better Angle. Don't mind the wrinkling, I was moving around a lot at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by aps2012 View Post
                I think I've just found me next suit, and perhaps shoes! thanks for sharing, those look great.
                Hey aps, NY or LA?
                Tell him I sent you!

Comment

for anyone who's interested

Comment

My Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison boots in tan.

I treated them with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP a couple of weeks ago and wore them several time since.

Regards,
                    Vic

P.S. The background is two yards of white felt I bought from Jo-Ann fabric. Cheap, not very reflective, and doesn't have a repeating pattern.
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

They look amazing.

Comment

got these on eBay the other day, I'm like 80% sure they're real cordovan

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                          got these on eBay the other day, I'm like 80% sure they're real cordovan
                          I do see rolls so it is quite possible that it is cordovan. But at the lowest point of the rolls, I see creases that look like ones that come from calfskin. Can you zoom into the rolls/creases?

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                            I do see rolls so it is quite possible that it is cordovan. But at the lowest point of the rolls, I see creases that look like ones that come from calfskin. Can you zoom into the rolls/creases?

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                              I'm sorry but I'm 80% sure those are calf. They still look nice though! How much did you pay for those?

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                                I'm sorry but I'm 80% sure those are calf. They still look nice though! How much did you pay for those?
                                Aww, well still great shoes! I paid 12.50 I think?

Comment

Working...
                                X