Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like mines set to arrive here today! I am excited for it. The measurements are basically exactly my measurements (I got the 38). They said it was 17 7/8" shoulders, 41" chest, 25 1/4" sleeve and 30" from BOC. Those measurements are exactly mine, at worst the chest might be .5-1" too big, but it may fit perfectly.

Comment

I also got a 38, and it fits awesome. I freaked when I first put it on because it was way too tight, but I had no cut the vents yet. Once I did that, the fit became perfect.

Comment

Hahaha thats pretty funny. I literally just had the identical experience. This suit is awesome. It fits like a glove. I am extremely pleased with it.

Comment

Well the start of my shoe wardrobe (and guaranteed addiction :P) have all finally arrived.

Next up a nice pair of black wingtips!

Comment

Damn Focus, you go with the 2 for $200 thing? Or just binge on all 3 at once?

Just for my edification, walnut fifth aves, walnut strands and dark brown strands?

Comment

Correct. I got the walnut fifths off of Allaboutshoes on SF, the Burnished brown strands off a guy named Rabidawg on SF, and I got the walnut strands off eBay with an offer of $120 which I was planning to use as my lowball beginning of bargaining offer, but the guy just accepted it haha.

Comment

Very nice work. I'm debating where to go next. Have dark brown parks that are my go-to shoe, then some (what used to be) walnut more casual AEs that I use as work as well. Have some black Grenson captoes which I like, but are a bit small (may see about getting them stretched out a tiny bit) and are more trendy/sleek. I don't wear black shoes often right now, which would likely change with the stretching and/or a purchase.

Debating whether to grab some walnut strands or to go with the parks/fifths in black. I'm a pretty big fan of the captoe now that I've tried it out, but think that something less than the strand would be good as a base shoe.

Comment

Got the BB bison drivers that Joe featured earlier in the week: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 525&Parent_Id=522&Product_Id=1444393&default_color =Cognac&CMP=AFC-NU4859254343&cmp=AFC_CJ_ShopStyle.com_Brooks+Broth ers+Product+Catalog

They're pretty great looking in person, the pebbled look of the bison is great, and they fit well. I usually go with a 12, but did a 11.5 here. The color is pretty true to what was on the website as well.

Comment

Just left DSW with a pair of brown Florsheim double oak soled longwings for $75 after tax. These things are like tanks! I feel like I've got wooden planks under my feet. Makes me feel a little better about my AE disappointment.

Comment

Nice work, @Focuspants!

Comment

I've been on a bit of a roll here:

AE Strawfuts Brown/Brown

AE Player's snuff suede

2 pairs of dockers D1s in brown and khaki

2 pairs LEC shorts: grey linen and bright blue cotton

Too many sales...

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Just got a pair of Dockers D1. An Alpha in Khaki, and a Soft Slim in Stainless. Should be arriving next week.

Comment

UPDATE: I was able to identify the longwings I got as Florsheim Veblens. The going rate is in the $160 range, and I got mine for $75 on clearance. I'm wearing them right now. So far so good, except for ooooone thing...

Comment

The past few weeks...

- AE 2 for 200: Strawfuts, Lombards

- Florsheim No String Wings Grey Suede (thanks to the reviews/impressions posted here)

- Penguin 40% off sale - sweaters, pants, sportcoat

- Dockers - pair of white Khakis

- Target Clearance - Long sleeve tees, shorts, basics

I created a Mint account to help me keep track, but did some major damage! Too many decent sales. I definitely need to exercise some restraint the rest of the summer...

Comment

@Alan they are the same ones from DSW I purchased in San Fran about 6 weeks back for 70. Decent shoes for that price point.

Comment

Working...
                                X