Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] - we are strangely on the same wavelength lately! I had just been notified of the "last item in your size" by Yoox, clicked over to Yoox, and thought "I wonder if Los ever got his, and what his impression is?" Clicked over to threads and you had posted the above comment not 5 minutes earlier (no joke!)... I'm still on the fence though - any pics? How's it look in real life?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      @LosRockets - we are strangely on the same wavelength lately! I had just been notified of the "last item in your size" by Yoox, clicked over to Yoox, and thought "I wonder if Los ever got his, and what his impression is?" Clicked over to threads and you had posted the above comment not 5 minutes earlier (no joke!)... I'm still on the fence though - any pics? How's it look in real life?
      The things I do for you people Here are some pics. I love how it looks in real life. The jetted pockets are fine. The material has some serious heft and structure to it, the shoulders have some padding but it's light and curved, as I'm wearing a 40R here when I normally wear a 38R. The lapels are nicely sized (could be wider, but they're at least 3") and have a nice roll to them. Unlined. Chest has some drape to it so it won't feel flimsy. I'm really loving it. Tried it on w/ mid-gray pants and a blue shirt, great look. Off-white khakis - great again. Gonna be a signature piece for me I think, and in TX it's 3-season (not dark enough for winter IMO).

pics:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng1bjau0o7s6zk5/IMAG2840.jpg
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqftnuiuyz8i3uv/IMAG2838.jpg

As you can see, great OTR fit. I could take in the waist if I wanted to, but I'm not sure if I will.

Comment

I had the Cantarelli jacket briefly in a 42r and it fit fantastic. After a few weeks I decided I wouldn't have worn it enough to justify it. Of course this was over two months ago and the price was double where it's at now. Looks great with denim and creme linen shirt. The price now is absurd.

Comment

Got this off ebay recently. Its a vintage BB jacket in Air Force blue. I was going for something kind of 'trad' looking. Should I have the sleeves shortened and the waist suppressed? Maybe I should ask this at the AAAC trad forum...

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
            Got this off ebay recently. Its a vintage BB jacket in Air Force blue. I was going for something kind of 'trad' looking. Should I have the sleeves shortened and the waist suppressed? Maybe I should ask this at the AAAC trad forum...
            Really like this jacket! I don't know how much I'd suppress the waist on that, I think it looks quite good as is given it's a more trad piece.

Comment

I agree with Los. That looks great, as is.

Comment

Thanks guys. I like the look of it a lot too. Its my first real "sack." And it definitely fits a little different than my other jackets.
                Last edited by zcm; July 21, 2014, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys. I like the look of it a lot too. Its my first real "sack."
                  I'd hazard to venture that it is in fact your second real "sack".

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    I'd hazard to venture that it is in fact your second real "sack".

Looks great!
                    walked into that one...

Comment

I would get the sleeves shortened, but as others have said, the waist looks right for the style of jacket.

Comment

I think the waist and sleeves look just right. The jacket length appears to be borderline short from this angle.

Comment

The camera (my phone) was only about thigh height, so I think that may be the reason.

Comment

I picked up a NWOT Minnesota Twins polo (by Cutter & Buck) for $5 the other day. These retail for $50-60 new

Comment

I went to Suitsupply for the first time yesterday, it turned out to be pretty fantastic. Got the plain navy Napoli, and it is by far the best fitting suit I've ever even tried on. I even commented that "this suit feels like it was already tailored to fit me" and the sales-girl smiled and replied "apparently it was." I'm pumped.

Comment

I did my monthly round at the local Rack, and they had a ton of Calibrate Trim Fit shirts in clearance section. Pulled out one of the blue ones(how many blue shirts do I need?), and I checked the price- 1 cent. I check all the other shirts and they were priced down to $24.99. I figured that something had to be wrong with it, but upon close inspection, shirt was checking out fine. Took it to register, and they guy made it like it was not a big deal, he stated that it was a "mislabel" where it actually designates that shirt needs to go to other store, but since I have it already, he will sell it for that price. He then adjusted the item (it would not process the 1 cent price), and sold it to me. Did anybody else had something like this happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X