This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dnugget View Post
    ZCM, what did you think of the material of the LE Yearrounders? I know that it's 80s merino wool, but I see mixed reviews online on the fabric. Is it thin? Does it wrinkle easily?

I'm considering buying a pair, and I'm debating between them and the JCrew Wool Bowery.
    I recently got a pair of LE year rounders. The fabric is good, a bit better than Stafford all wool pants and thinner. For the price on sale, which includes hemming including cuffs, it is a great deal. Putthison recently had a few articles on will trousers, and the LE were featured as a good cheap option.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
      Also lucked up on some J Crew Bennett navy suede dress chukkas in my size. Under $40 OTD, for goodyear welted shoes that originally cost over $250 new.
      What are the rules/guidelines for wearing dress chukkas? I usually wear dress trousers, shirt, and blazer for work and assume they would work for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurps View Post
        What are the rules/guidelines for wearing dress chukkas? I usually wear dress trousers, shirt, and blazer for work and assume they would work for that.
        Those aren't exactly what I think of when I think of "dress" chukkas. These are more like it:

I wouldn't wear those J Crew Bennetts with anything more formal than chinos. You could wear the above with a suit.

Comment

• Hottdamn! Those are gorgeous.

Comment

• Originally posted by movoblast View Post
            I unfortunately will NEVER support Unionmade. Even if they were selling Aldens for 90% off, I will never buy from them again. Gosh their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I feel so ignored. Man I was so wrong in thinking they were a cool SF store.
            I got really good laid back service there trying on Aldens that I wasn't buying. Sometimes it comes down to the sales person

Comment

• JCF Thompson suit in oxford cloth for $90? On its way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurps View Post
                Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                Those aren't exactly what I think of when I think of "dress" chukkas. These are more like it:

I wouldn't wear those J Crew Bennetts with anything more formal than chinos. You could wear the above with a suit.
                While suede is usually a more casual choice for footwear, the silhouette of the Bennett chukka is really more dressy. Not suit and tie dressy, but nice enough for slacks and a shirt+tie combo.

I'm wearing them today with these tan BR Kentfield pants .

Comment

• Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                  While suede is usually a more casual choice for footwear, the silhouette of the Bennett chukka is really more dressy. Not suit and tie dressy, but nice enough for slacks and a shirt+tie combo.

I'm wearing them today with these tan BR Kentfield pants .
                  I'm with you there. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't wear blue (or tan) suede chukkas, no matter the silhouette, with anything more formal than those Kentfields.

Comment

• [MENTION=4719]bjmcgeever[/MENTION] [MENTION=8396]mcadamsandwich[/MENTION] I posted this on Monday in WIWT with the JCrew Bennetts. Swap the shirt for a solid pale blue and I don't see an issue wearing a tie. Maybe I'm nuts...

Comment

• http://www.landsend.com/products/men...oes/id_228834#

Seemed like a decent deal. Just ordered them to check them out in person. Anyone have em?

Comment

• Nope but I just ordered these http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...32746-_-407279

Also, these suede chukkas look like a good deal as well http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...32793-_-432746

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                        http://www.landsend.com/products/men...oes/id_228834#

Seemed like a decent deal. Just ordered them to check them out in person. Anyone have em?

Comment

• Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                          Nope but I just ordered these http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...32746-_-407279

Also, these suede chukkas look like a good deal as well http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...32793-_-432746
                          Double the price, but the "Mr. B's" joe pitched in the style scenario seem to have more sexy. I might have to plunge.

Comment

• Have Tetbury's and Ryder III's and wear them all the time. They are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              [MENTION=4719]bjmcgeever[/MENTION] [MENTION=8396]mcadamsandwich[/MENTION] I posted this on Monday in WIWT with the JCrew Bennetts. Swap the shirt for a solid pale blue and I don't see an issue wearing a tie. Maybe I'm nuts...

Looks good, I like it

Comment

• [MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION]: Well I got the Cantarelli blazer today. 40R fits me perfectly and it dropped even further w/ the 15% off Dreambox + Free Shipping Sale. Yoox's absolutely absurd policy prevents me from getting a price adjustment so I ordered a second blazer and I'm returning this one. How stupid is that? Only one 40R left in stock, get ittttt.

Comment

Working...
                                X