Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello everyone, long time no see.

    I had need for a new notepad holder I use pretty frequently for work. The Fossil one I was using had this very high school feel too it not suited for a professional enviroment. So I went with the Saddleback Leather Medium Notepad Holder. I had been wanting to see what the newly changed Tobacco color looked like, and I have to say it's absolutely gorgeous. And no I don't always keep my passport with me, but I'm currently doing paperwork for an overseas trip.

    Comment


      I dropped by the Nordstrom anniversary sale over the weekend, thanks in part to my new Nordstrom debit card (yay!). Compared to last year's sale, there was hardly anything that really stood out as a great value. I did purchase the Todd Snyder + Champion "City Gym" sweatshirt. $65 on sale; discovered a similar model is on his website on clearance for $49. Bought both to see the difference. Will return one.

      Also lucked up on some J Crew Bennett navy suede dress chukkas in my size. Under $40 OTD, for goodyear welted shoes that originally cost over $250 new.

      Comment


        Just picked up a pair of new in box Oak Street Bootmakers Cap Toe Trench boot for $240 on eBay. Pretty great deal for new Oak Street trench boots. I have the camp boot and moc, so I am excited to try the trench boots.

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/121381413374...84.m1497.l2649

        Comment


          Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
          Just picked up a pair of new in box Oak Street Bootmakers Cap Toe Trench boot for $240 on eBay. Pretty great deal for new Oak Street trench boots. I have the camp boot and moc, so I am excited to try the trench boots.

          http://www.ebay.com/itm/121381413374...84.m1497.l2649
          Damn, very nice price for NIB. My next shoe splurge may be those boots in the natural chrom as well (debating cap toe or not), but am trying to postpone for a bit... may be a birthday gift to myself.

          Comment


            Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
            Damn, very nice price for NIB. My next shoe splurge may be those boots in the natural chrom as well (debating cap toe or not), but am trying to postpone for a bit... may be a birthday gift to myself.
            Every now and then you can find some OSB on ebay for deep discounted prices of people who bought them and get the wrong size after a few wearings. Being in size 10 I was sure I was going to get sniped with a few seconds left but it all worked out. Absolutely love OSB from their product to customer service.

            I sold some old clothes and shoes in order to finance this purchase. Time to minimize my closet for some more classic pieces from quality companies and materials.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
              Every now and then you can find some OSB on ebay for deep discounted prices of people who bought them and get the wrong size after a few wearings. Being in size 10 I was sure I was going to get sniped with a few seconds left but it all worked out. Absolutely love OSB from their product to customer service.

              I sold some old clothes and shoes in order to finance this purchase. Time to minimize my closet for some more classic pieces from quality companies and materials.
              Good call. I've definitely slowed down my clothing and shoe purchases in the last 6 months or so. Bought a huge lot of Ratio shirts (I wear them daily for work, plus some casual ones) to fill out my closet after donating a bunch of Brooks Brothers ones I never wore, and replaced my 5+ year old boat shoes, but that's about it. I feel I have enough to where I don't really need more of anything at this point. Will likely do another big Goodwill donation in the near future.

              Comment


                Hey guys,
                I'm new to the forums and I just wanted an opinion on a new pair of driving mocs I just bought. They're cole haan and I got them for 48$, do you think they're worth it/good looking or should I return them? Also, if so, what can I wear with them?I'm having trouble matching black shoes with things since I usually only wear brown and tan shoes.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Gabriel Segura View Post
                  Hey guys,
                  I'm new to the forums and I just wanted an opinion on a new pair of driving mocs I just bought. They're cole haan and I got them for 48$, do you think they're worth it/good looking or should I return them? Also, if so, what can I wear with them?I'm having trouble matching black shoes with things since I usually only wear brown and tan shoes.
                  I tend to wear drivers in the warmer months, which is when I typically wear khaki, brown, blue, and stay away from black. That's why I would have a hard time with black drivers. I have a pair of cole haan air grant drivers in brown and they get a ton of wear. They have held up nicely as well. You can always find them on sale. Check ebay.

                  Comment


                    Can't wait to see how this thing turns out.

                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221494750271...84.m1439.l2649

                    Comment


                      I just made a career change and fortunately, am no longer required to wear an ill-fitting US Forest Service uniform to work. Needed some new pants for work in a hurry and am on a bit of a budget for a while as the wife is changing careers as well. I pulled the trigger this morning on several pairs of Bedford pants from J Crew Factory, mostly the slim style, but one of the regular. Does anyone have experience with these?

                      Comment


                        They are okay. I tried them on in store and thought they were fine, but they weren't having a great sale at the time so I passed. They didn't wow me or anything. For other affordable trousers try Lands End yearrounders, BR TSF, or JCP Brands (Stafford, Claibourne) suited separates.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by zcm View Post
                          They are okay. I tried them on in store and thought they were fine, but they weren't having a great sale at the time so I passed. They didn't wow me or anything. For other affordable trousers try Lands End yearrounders, BR TSF, or JCP Brands (Stafford, Claibourne) suited separates.
                          ZCM, what did you think of the material of the LE Yearrounders? I know that it's 80s merino wool, but I see mixed reviews online on the fabric. Is it thin? Does it wrinkle easily?

                          I'm considering buying a pair, and I'm debating between them and the JCrew Wool Bowery.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by dnugget View Post
                            ZCM, what did you think of the material of the LE Yearrounders? I know that it's 80s merino wool, but I see mixed reviews online on the fabric. Is it thin? Does it wrinkle easily?

                            I'm considering buying a pair, and I'm debating between them and the JCrew Wool Bowery.
                            I actually just got my first two pair of the LE yearrounders, but exchanged them for a different inseam length. The new ones haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on durability or wrinkles. The material seems fine. Nothing to write home about, but for the $40 ish I paid for each pair I am happy with them. I wouldn't say the fabric is too thin. They fit me well too. I really like the idea of the LE guarantee, so I am trying to shop there a little more. Interestingly enough, I have gotten a blazer and two trousers from them that arrived without any tags.

                            The Bowerys didn't work for me... the slim was WAY too tapered for my taste in dress trousers and the classic was too big at the thighs and butt. If they made a hybrid pair I would buy them for sure.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dnugget View Post
                              ZCM, what did you think of the material of the LE Yearrounders? I know that it's 80s merino wool, but I see mixed reviews online on the fabric. Is it thin? Does it wrinkle easily?

                              I'm considering buying a pair, and I'm debating between them and the JCrew Wool Bowery.
                              I think the Bowery are just a bit nicer, but they're not worth the price difference - unless you can get the Bowery during a good clearance sale. That said, the LE ones are fine. They fit reasonably slim - not oldmanish - but won't work for the guys who like really slim/tapered pants. I own Bowery Classic Fit, and the LE Tailored Fit, and like them both - the LEs present a better value and can be had for very cheap.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                                Recently also had my regular rotation of chinos altered so that the break is minimal to no break. Looks much better, especially in the Urban Slims from Crew. It's still weird to me that tagged inseams can vary so much from the actual inseam. The only way I can get a good inseam fit in J. Crew is to order 34 and then get them hemmed up to a measured 31.5. If I order a tagged 33 or 32, on the other hand, they are too short.

                                I've also begun wearing some of my chinos with a crease, especially to work. I like how this little difference dresses up an outfit.
                                Urban Slims come in an unhemmed variety for the essential ones, that's all I buy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X