Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by johnnyletrois View Post
    Man I would love it if you would proxy a pair for me.

    Sorry man, I was on vacation in Palm Springs. Would help you out if I lived there.

    Comment


      No worries!
      Originally posted by mrclean06 View Post
      Sorry man, I was on vacation in Palm Springs. Would help you out if I lived there.

      Comment


        Hey guys,

        I'm new to the forum, and hope I'm posting this in the right spot.

        Can anyone recommend a shirt that fits like Ledbury shirts but is shorter in length? Basically, I love how Ledbury shirts fit; they complement my chest and arms, and I love where the second-button is placed. However, most of their shirts are made to be tucked in, but I like to wear my shirts untucked. In addition, even those Ledbury shirts that are cut short so that they can be worn untucked are too long for me. I like the shirt to break in the middle of my zipper, and even the shorter Ledbury shirts extend beyond it. I'm 6'0 and about ~170lbs, so I imagine I have a very average size. I can't find a company that makes similar shirts in terms of quality and fit, but just shorter ones!

        Do you guys have any recommendations? If not, can tailors shortern shirts?

        Comment


          Some great scores recently:

          Thrifted a coupla PRL l/s shirts, a nice dark green tartan and a tattersal.

          Thrifted ($8!) a vintage 60s Catalina La Paz Varsity jacket in stone.

          Sale-itemed some outstanding madras shirts! Two l/s and one s/s. Of all this, I'm most excited about these. These are killer! I needed some great summer shirts like these in the grand old trad style.

          Comment


            Recent purchases:
            - Bonobos khaki cotton blazer that [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] posted about a couple of days ago for $14 (store credit! I dislike the contrast stitching on the lapel hole, but I don't shop here often so why not?)
            - Cantarelli green wool/linen blazer for $175 shipped (10% off code and then close to $25 in shipping + tax, oof): http://www.yoox.com/us/41403426JT/it...426JT&sizeId=4 -- my other Cantarelli is a 38R, it fits perfectly in the shoulders...this is a 40R, I'm hoping it fits though
            - Mid-gray suit from Spier & Mackay: http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...t___super_110s cheaper than SS for a staple suit, really hoping it fits, the measurements check out.

            Comment


              AE Fairfax in chili from Nordy Rack website, due in next week!

              Comment


                Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Recent purchases:
                - Bonobos khaki cotton blazer that [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] posted about a couple of days ago for $14 (store credit! I dislike the contrast stitching on the lapel hole, but I don't shop here often so why not?)
                - Cantarelli green wool/linen blazer for $175 shipped (10% off code and then close to $25 in shipping + tax, oof): http://www.yoox.com/us/41403426JT/it...426JT&sizeId=4 -- my other Cantarelli is a 38R, it fits perfectly in the shoulders...this is a 40R, I'm hoping it fits though
                - Mid-gray suit from Spier & Mackay: http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...t___super_110s cheaper than SS for a staple suit, really hoping it fits, the measurements check out.
                [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] - that's hilarious, I had just put the same Cantarelli jacket in my DreamBox, and then came over to threads and saw your post! Definitely let me know how it looks in person!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                  @LosRockets - that's hilarious, I had just put the same Cantarelli jacket in my DreamBox, and then came over to threads and saw your post! Definitely let me know how it looks in person!
                  Will do! That's really funny. The price is right, the pattern and color look quite versatile for a spring palette. I'm envisioning them going well w/ anything from the beige/cream family and even light-to-mid-grays depending on how it looks in person. Really hoping the shoulders fit, I'm worried that it'll just be too big I don't think they'll drop any further Jamie, what are you waiting for?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                    I don't think they'll drop any further Jamie, what are you waiting for?
                    I like the color and pattern, but kinda wish it had patch pockets. I'm also on the fence about how much wear a green jacket will get in my wardrobe. But mostly I'm still debating because its been an expensive month over here!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                      I like the color and pattern, but kinda wish it had patch pockets. I'm also on the fence about how much wear a green jacket will get in my wardrobe. But mostly I'm still debating because its been an expensive month over here!
                      Hah. I just returned this jacket. It's a nice jacket, but yeah I wish it had patch pockets too. I'm 6 foot 1 and it was also a little too short on me.

                      Comment


                        FYI, recent discovery, and I can't believe I've been clueless about this all along, but... Sierra Trading Post has some amazing deals on good stuff. They have Bills Khakis pants and shirts and RL jackets, for example, at great discounts.

                        Comment


                          Recently also had my regular rotation of chinos altered so that the break is minimal to no break. Looks much better, especially in the Urban Slims from Crew. It's still weird to me that tagged inseams can vary so much from the actual inseam. The only way I can get a good inseam fit in J. Crew is to order 34 and then get them hemmed up to a measured 31.5. If I order a tagged 33 or 32, on the other hand, they are too short.

                          I've also begun wearing some of my chinos with a crease, especially to work. I like how this little difference dresses up an outfit.
                          Last edited by Duvel; July 13, 2014, 12:24 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                            FYI, recent discovery, and I can't believe I've been clueless about this all along, but... Sierra Trading Post has some amazing deals on good stuff. They have Bills Khakis pants and shirts and RL jackets, for example, at great discounts.
                            Yes, they're often considered to mainly be an outdoor gear clearance store, but you can get some nice items heavily discounted there.

                            Regards,
                            Vic
                            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by emynd View Post
                              Hah. I just returned this jacket. It's a nice jacket, but yeah I wish it had patch pockets too. I'm 6 foot 1 and it was also a little too short on me.
                              Re: the patch pockets. I've been subscribed to the Eidos Napoli thread on SF and the jetted pockets on this jacket made me think of Eidos' soon-to-be-released Lorenzo cut, which is based on Liverano jackets. Obviously the shoulder isnt as soft and the lapels aren't as wide as the reference pics below, but I reasoned that if such a famed cut and an excellent new brand could run with the jetted style of jacket, it was worth giving it a shot:

                              and http://kulata1.tumblr.com/image/76674795248 for a straight-on view

                              PS: this style is coming to No Man Walks Alone later this year!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by keepali View Post
                                Hey guys,

                                I'm new to the forum, and hope I'm posting this in the right spot.

                                Can anyone recommend a shirt that fits like Ledbury shirts but is shorter in length? Basically, I love how Ledbury shirts fit; they complement my chest and arms, and I love where the second-button is placed. However, most of their shirts are made to be tucked in, but I like to wear my shirts untucked. In addition, even those Ledbury shirts that are cut short so that they can be worn untucked are too long for me. I like the shirt to break in the middle of my zipper, and even the shorter Ledbury shirts extend beyond it. I'm 6'0 and about ~170lbs, so I imagine I have a very average size. I can't find a company that makes similar shirts in terms of quality and fit, but just shorter ones!

                                Do you guys have any recommendations? If not, can tailors shortern shirts?
                                * This would probably receive more attention in it's own thread. Try posting here.

                                * To answer your question, I'm not sure of a high-end shirt maker that makes shorter dress shirts. If you're keen on Ledbury, have a local tailor crop them for you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X