Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dackman View Post
    What kind of outfits are you pulling them off with in the summer? Socks+heavy footwear doesn't seem to add up to me in the hot and humid Ohio summers. But I'd love to hear some suggestions.
    You're not alone. With the summer heat I almost never find the opportunity to wear my Indys. If the weather was between 65-70 degrees I would but it's been in the 80s and I sweat like a pig.

    Comment


      Picked up a pair of cotton/linen pants from J Crew. Been looking for a pair for a while now.

      I wear my boots every now and then in the summer usually when it's raining though.

      Comment


        Picked up a few linen shirts from the jcrew factory sale. I'm realizing linen is much more practical in this Texas heat than it ever was in VIrginia.

        Comment


          Originally posted by dackman View Post
          So...uh...this happened...



          Who says you can't buy boots in the summer?
          Did you get an deal on them or regular price? Thinking of picking up a pair.

          Comment


            [MENTION=12086]lifeinabox[/MENTION], snagged them on eBay for about 25% off MSRP. Brand new, never tried on, not seconds.

            Comment


              Originally posted by dackman View Post
              [MENTION=12086]lifeinabox[/MENTION], snagged them on eBay for about 25% off MSRP. Brand new, never tried on, not seconds.
              Wow, great find!

              Comment


                Grabbed a few items from the JC/JCF sale going on over the past few days.

                Played the waiting game on the J. Crew sales code and snagged this unstructured cotton Ludlow for $120.



                Also grabbed a pair of navy linen shorts.

                Was eying the mainline JC short-sleeve seersucker shirt but that sold out a few weeks back during one of their sales. Grabbed the Factory version, which was classified as Final Sale, but the extra 40% Off Clearance code wouldn't apply to it. Brought attention to it to their customer service and they applied the discount bringing it down to $17. Not bad.



                I think my warm weather purchases are done for the year.

                Comment


                  Probably went overboard here, but I have always wanted some black shoes...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by dackman View Post
                    Grabbed a few items from the JC/JCF sale going on over the past few days.

                    Played the waiting game on the J. Crew sales code and snagged this unstructured cotton Ludlow for $120.



                    Also grabbed a pair of navy linen shorts.

                    Was eying the mainline JC short-sleeve seersucker shirt but that sold out a few weeks back during one of their sales. Grabbed the Factory version, which was classified as Final Sale, but the extra 40% Off Clearance code wouldn't apply to it. Brought attention to it to their customer service and they applied the discount bringing it down to $17. Not bad.



                    I think my warm weather purchases are done for the year.
                    For J Crew unstructured sportcoats, are they TTS? I keep reading reviews on one I'm considering http://preview.tinyurl.com/kql43cs, and they all said it ran large. It's a final sale so I don't know what to believe. I'm a 40S, and so I figure I'd go medium. But the reviews are making me think small would be better.

                    Comment


                      I'm a 40 L in Ludlows. I tried on a M in store and it for decently well. The sleeves and tail were just a touch short IIRC.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by zcm View Post
                        I'm a 40 L in Ludlows. I tried on a M in store and it for decently well. The sleeves and tail were just a touch short IIRC.
                        Hmm, thanks. That sounds too long for me. I'm actually more of a 39S if that existed. I might have to pass on them, or pay to get them tailored.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                          Probably went overboard here, but I have always wanted some black shoes...

                          Maybe just a little... They look really good though. What are they?

                          Comment


                            Bourbon AE Fort Collins came in today from Nordstrom. I snagged what may have been the last pair, when it reappeared in a size 9.5 one night. They seem to fit me, but I'm not certain how I feel about the last yet. Also, the right shoe squeaks a little with each step, and I don't know if that will go away with time or not.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                              Maybe just a little... They look really good though. What are they?
                              Crockett & Jones. Y'all made me this way...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                                For J Crew unstructured sportcoats, are they TTS? I keep reading reviews on one I'm considering http://preview.tinyurl.com/kql43cs, and they all said it ran large. It's a final sale so I don't know what to believe. I'm a 40S, and so I figure I'd go medium. But the reviews are making me think small would be better.
                                The one I ordered is still exact number sizing, looks like it won't be here until later this week. I haven't tried on any of the JC jackets that come in S/M/L sizing. My other Ludlows in 44R fit perfect, wondering how this one will fair with all of the interior lining removed.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X