X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
    Care to expound?

I too had a poor experience with Unionmade. I ordered two pairs of pants and a sweatshirt the first day of the end of season sale. After not receiving a shipping notification for four days, I emailed customer service. Two days, no response. I emailed again. Less than 6 hours later, I received a chargeback on my credit card in the amount of my purchase. No communication from Unionmade whatsoever. Late last night I got this email:

Apologies for the delayed response. We have had a server breakdown over the weekend resulting in delayed response to our customers.

Regrettably, we were unable to process your June 27th order. Your order was flagged by our processing system as they were unable to verify the personal and financial information associated with your order. Your purchase amount was refunded to your original form of payment. It may take 3 to 10 days for your bank to process the funds and show credit to your account.

Not a huge deal - but you would think a high-end retailer would try to make some sort of contact if they were unable to verify information associated with the order, no?
    I ordered a jacket Sat June 21st after store hours, I changed my mind with the jacket and wanted to switch to another jacket, so I called them first thing on Sunday morning to make that change. The SA said he'll "see what he could do", walked away, and told me that my jacket was already packed and ready to ship out on Monday, so he couldn't make the change for me.

I then didn't receive a shipping notice all week. So I called them and talked to an SA who told me he would personally talk to his manager, and would have the manager call me back the next day. I never received the call, so I wrote an email explaining the situation, and that I am on vacation and can no longer receive the package. Rose (who I believe is the manager), emails me back saying they'll ship it out. She apparently did not fully read my email because if she did, she would have caught the last line explaining I am on vacation now. It's too late. So my gripes:

1. The first SA lied and said my package was already ready to go. He could have just said it was final sale instead of making that lie up.
    2. The second SA never got the manager to call me back
    3. The manager sent a short one line email back, with no explanation of the situation. The email also showed that she did NOT fully read my email.
    4. The last email I sent to the manager RE-explaining that I am now on vacation was 3 days ago. She has not replied since.

I really don't think they care. I read yelp reviews and it seems like a lot of people have had bad experiences with Unionmade and Rose. I see so many one star reviews, yet they have 4 stars. I think they're utilizing that payment option with yelp where they pay them a certain amount a month to screen all the bad reviews out.

Comment

Originally posted by cotoks View Post
      Not a huge deal - but you would think a high-end retailer would try to make some sort of contact if they were unable to verify information associated with the order, no?
      Yep. A similar thing happened to me with The Woodlands during their Memorial Day sale. I think it was less than an hour after I submitted my order for a Reigning Champ sweatshirt that they emailed me to verify my information because the billing address on my credit card didn't match (somehow my apt # was line 1 instead of 2). I replied back and the order shipped the same day it would have without any errors.

Comment

I ordered some Unis on Unionmade during the sale. Received an order confirmation email, then nothing. I logged into my account to check my order status, and found nothing there either. As in literally nothing, there was no order in my order history. I got on chat with them (the wait wasn't long, and the reply was prompt), and discovered that my order had been flagged by their fraud detection system and canceled. I checked my credit card, and turns out it had been refunded practically immediately. About two days after the chat, I got an email from Unionmade letting me know that my order had been canceled. So yeah... Not a particularly bad experience, but all in all I'm quite disappointed with how lax their operation is. Slow notifications, terrible fraud detection systems, etc.

Still not my worst customer service experience though. That honor goes to Carson Street Clothiers.

Comment

So...uh...this happened...

Who says you can't buy boots in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post

They look great! Are those the CXL indy's?

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
              They look great! Are those the CXL indy's?
              Yep, just delivered today. Been lusting over these for the past 4 years or so. Just bagged them up for storage until the fall. Can't wait to break them in.

Comment

[MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION], those look awesome.
                Things happen for a reason.
                Enjoy wearing!

Comment

Excellent. I have the same pair.

Comment

Yep, just delivered today. Been lusting over these for the past 4 years or so. Just bagged them up for storage until the fall. Can't wait to break them in.
                    Radical. If my experience is any guide, you basically already have broken them in.

Comment

My boots never get packed up. If you love them enough, you can make them work in the summer

Comment

Agreed. I wear boots all year around. No reason to wait.

Comment

I want some alden Indy boots in #8 shell cordovan. Badly

Comment

Originally posted by HarryLime View Post
                            Agreed. I wear boots all year around. No reason to wait.
                            What kind of outfits are you pulling them off with in the summer? Socks+heavy footwear doesn't seem to add up to me in the hot and humid Ohio summers. But I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Comment

Well, one outfit I'm rocking this summer is my Alden Cap toe boots, slim-fitting jeans and a short sleeve chambray shirt. I like it a lot. It's a cool work-wear inspired outfit that looks pretty classic. I just wear the boots with some thinner than usual socks. Alden boots feel so good, it really doesn't feel like you're wearing a heavy boot - even in the summer.

Comment

Picked up the Wallin & Bros trim fit navy blazer from the Nordstrom sale at the $150 price point. Very happy with the fit, although as you'll see it does run fairly short. On hangers side by side with a BR tailored fit, they look identical in length. Unlined except for the arms, which are poly. Sleeve length is basically perfect for me, as are BR's. A proper fitting shirt shows just enough cuff. A shirt with arms that are a touch to short would not show. Shoulders have more padding and structure than BR or Ludlow, but still acceptable to me. For my needs of a navy blazer, this will work very well, especially at the price point. I will now convince myself I do not need to keep looking at the Ludlow Club blazer. Though the material would be so much nicer......anyway! On to pics. Please excuse the messy bathroom and my t-shirt and shorts attire for the fit pics....

Arm holes are quite high...

and the neck stays in place with arms raised..

Buttons and fabric:

Comment

Working...
                                X