This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Purchases

These Alden captoes I bought from the Unionmade sale arrived yesterday. They look great and they are very comfortable. I'm pretty damn happy with them.
    Last edited by Shomas; July 1, 2014, 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      These Alden captoes I bought from the Unionmade sale arrived yesterday. They look great and they are very comfortable. I'm pretty damn happy with them.
      As you absolutely should be! Lovely!

Comment

Great shoes. I'm sure they will last you a long time.

Comment

Sperry CVOs. Needed a white canvas sneaker.

Comment

Went into a JCrew Store at the mall, which I hardly ever do now, since I shop mostly online.

Got these Bowery slim chinos in brown from the sale section. Original 79.90, on sale for 39.99, then an extra 50% off. Came out to $21.50 with tax. Final sale, no returns.

I believe [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION] mentioned one of these before, but I had only tried their regular chinos in urban slim fit. These Bowery slim chinos fit much better and look better too. They are decent pants and I got a great price. I wish I would have tried them out sooner.

Comment

Received my Drakes tie and pocket square from the recent Exquisite Trimmings sale.

The tie is silk grenadine. It's a navy blue with a hint of purple tint, with stripes. As usual the material is great and the quality is excellent.
              The pocket square is a substantial weight silk in a brown background with blue and green patterns. I thought I might wear this with my navy blazer.

Total was $152.17 for both, including shipping. (I can't find the receipt for the price breakdown, but the tie was more expensive than the PS)
              Shipping took a while, maybe 2 weeks, but it came in a nice box...

Comment

Those will look wonderful together LCDR.

Comment

Great looking tie and PS, and I like the pants. I find that Jcrew urban slim pants are a bit loose and baggy around the ankles, while 484 are too tight overall... So perhaps bowery slims are the way to go for me as well.

Comment

[MENTION=10240]LCDR[/MENTION], nice sale price on the Bowery's, I wore the exact same pair today. Bought mine about two months too early since that color has been sitting in the sale section online for the past couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                      As you absolutely should be! Lovely!
                      Thanks! They're at the cobbler having sole protectors put on. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of use out of them.

Comment

I unfortunately will NEVER support Unionmade. Even if they were selling Aldens for 90% off, I will never buy from them again. Gosh their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I feel so ignored. Man I was so wrong in thinking they were a cool SF store.

Comment

Recent Purchases

That's a bummer to hear. I've never had any interaction with their customer service, so I can't comment directly.

But I do understand the sentiment. There are a few restaurants in my neighborhood that are dead to me, despite great food and prices, because their service is lousy.
                          Last edited by Shomas; July 3, 2014, 09:16 AM. Reason: to add words

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                            I unfortunately will NEVER support Unionmade. Even if they were selling Aldens for 90% off, I will never buy from them again. Gosh their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I feel so ignored. Man I was so wrong in thinking they were a cool SF store.
                            This is something that is good to know. I prefer it when stores hit all three points of the triad evenly - price, selection, and service, rather then excelling in one or two and being abysmal in the third, which is normally customer service.

Regards,
                            Vic
                            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Just picked up this quilted shirt jacket from J Crew. I have it in Navy already and it's pretty versatile so for $40 it made sense to get the olive as well.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/ShirtJackets/PRDOVR~06888/06888.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                                Care to expound?

I too had a poor experience with Unionmade. I ordered two pairs of pants and a sweatshirt the first day of the end of season sale. After not receiving a shipping notification for four days, I emailed customer service. Two days, no response. I emailed again. Less than 6 hours later, I received a chargeback on my credit card in the amount of my purchase. No communication from Unionmade whatsoever. Late last night I got this email:

Apologies for the delayed response. We have had a server breakdown over the weekend resulting in delayed response to our customers.

Regrettably, we were unable to process your June 27th order. Your order was flagged by our processing system as they were unable to verify the personal and financial information associated with your order. Your purchase amount was refunded to your original form of payment. It may take 3 to 10 days for your bank to process the funds and show credit to your account.

Not a huge deal - but you would think a high-end retailer would try to make some sort of contact if they were unable to verify information associated with the order, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X