X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics or it didn't happen!!
    Ben

Comment

Barbour Chelsea flyweight (olive with red lining) en route for $100 all in. Same with a few Drake's ties (more than $100... but less than normal). Non-clothing related, but also grabbed a Bose Soundlink Mini (and protective cover) for use at the beach / on my rooftop this summer.

Had an itch to spend some money after not having spent much in the last few months, and I itched it. Overall, I didn't go berserk or get things I won't use (had been looking for a lighter weight jacket, needed some speakers for my phone and can always use more ties), and I didn't make a watch splurge ... yet, so all in all I don't feel too guilty about it.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] -- The Barbour Chelsea flyweight is a great jacket. Tried it on at Orvis a few months back. It was lighter than what I was looking for at the time (think I am going to go with the Barbour Powell Jacket soon), but I think you will be really happy with it from my first impressions of it. Definitely light weight and really sharp looking. $100 is a great deal too. Where did you find that price at?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
          [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] -- The Barbour Chelsea flyweight is a great jacket. Tried it on at Orvis a few months back. It was lighter than what I was looking for at the time (think I am going to go with the Barbour Powell Jacket soon), but I think you will be really happy with it from my first impressions of it. Definitely light weight and really sharp looking. $100 is a great deal too. Where did you find that price at?
          From the Deals Around the Net thread -- http://www.endclothing.com/sale

Fair amount of Barbours among other brands mixed in. $89 + 11 shipping: http://www.endclothing.com/sale/jack...ilt-73275.html

Can't wait for it to come in! Lightweight is definitely what I am looking for.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Let me know what you think when it comes in...I've never owned anything from Barbour before, so the Powell will be my first experience with them. I'm also going with the olive color.

Comment

Curse you, Brooks Brothers...

This has been a great weekend for my closet and a terrible weekend for my wallet.

Ben

Comment

I just had to go with the Barbour Powell in olive. I have never tried anything from Barbour, but living in the Southeast it should be pretty good year round.

Comment

[MENTION=7372]Cherath14[/MENTION] -- That is exactly the jacket I want. I also live in the Southeast. How have you liked it so far?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Curse you, Brooks Brothers...

This has been a great weekend for my closet and a terrible weekend for my wallet.

nice

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
                      [MENTION=7372]Cherath14[/MENTION] -- That is exactly the jacket I want. I also live in the Southeast. How have you liked it so far?
                      I just ordered it today from End. I am a bit worried about the sizing so we will see how that works out. Anyone have any insight into the sizing and if the sizing on End is accurate?

Comment

Stopped by the Unionmade store here in LA with the intent of picking up a Golden Bear top coat. Walked out with a Golden Bear Kentfield jacket, linen button up shirt, and a fun Woolrich floral shirt in addition to the top coat. My wallet curses end of season sales!

Comment

Bought some stuff from Jcrew:
                          Wallace Barnes Selvedge Jeans in White Cone Oak denim
                          Jcrew 484 jeans in wheat
                          Homespun Henley in natural and charcoal
                          Wallace Barnes heathered sweatshirt

Golden Bear tiburon jacket in OD green from Unionmade sale.

Ralph Lauren Gianni boots

Jcrew stuff has arrived but the last 2 have not. Now all I need is a nice waterproof raincoat/mac and my one year wardrobe upgrade journey is complete! I can finally stop obsessing and let shopping take a back seat!

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post

Ralph Lauren Gianni boots
                            !
                            how much did you get those for?

Comment

Got them for $695 new from a member in a different forum. Not cheap at all, but they are beautifully rugged boots that I've been hitting myself in the head for not purchasing during last year's fall pre-sale.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5418e918c...g2yo1_1280.jpg

That's a photo taken from the blog of another member there. Aren't they a beaut? Boots are my weakness and the only pieces in my wardrobe I don't feel guilty about "investing" in. Other articles will come, get worn, tear, and get donated, but I feel like a good rotation of shoes will be with me a loooong time.

I'm also pretty excited about the tiburon jacket. I was first opposed to barracudas, then a lot of members in this forum pointed out the golden bear jacket. THey grew on me the past month or two, and the tiburon has been on my "must try" list. I really like the OD green + navy corduroy combo but I'll have to see how green it actually is in person to judge if it is a winner.

Comment

Just bought a pair of BR plain front black wool pants and a pair of Mezlan monk strap shoes. Get here soon please.

Comment

Working...
                                X