This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post

The only other thing I would add is to perhaps not use a spread collar? I feel that they look at odds with the lapels you've got going.

Oh yeah. Absolutely with you. Just threw that on for the pic. Peak lapels and spread collar (together) are getting dangerously close to #menswear territory.

Thanks for the thoughts fellas
    Last edited by zcm; June 15, 2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
      Saw the claibourne jacket in store joe featured a week or so ago. The peak lapels aren't as crazy in person. Also they have matching pants. The pants are on the website, but are mislabeled. I checked the item number. Got them for $60 total. Not sure if I will keep the jacket or not yet, but I am a fan of the pants for sure. Considering getting the white pair, but I don't know where I would wear them.

Any thoughts? I usually wear a 40L in most brands. This is a 40 and I think the sleeves may be a touch too long.
      Looking good. I was at my local JCP today but they didn't have the pants in my size.

Comment

I think it looks good and for $60 I would keep it for summer and spring events.

In my opinion, the jacket it a bit short as it goes only up to your wrist and I bet it keeps your behind exposed. I don't think it makes it unwearable but it is a modern look. The fit overall is good but I am quite the novice.

Comment

I agree it is on the short side... I am also not crazy about the lapels (hence why I wasn't sure about keeping it) but I think for $40 for the jacket I could live with it. Don't know if it will see much action as a suit. I am a big fan of the pants though.

Comment

My Omega 2234 came in. I put it on my new Hirsch strap and I think the combo looks great.

Comment

These are in the proverbial shopping cart: http://www.landsend.com/products/men...1612&source=GS

Comment

& perhaps also http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Comment

gulp...

http://viberg.com/products/service-b...shell-cordovan

i somehow managed to buy a pair of these, which sold out in about 30 seconds.

*** my 700th post is a good one
                  Last edited by fey; June 16, 2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

If someone made a ltd edition ball cozy out of shell cordovan it would sell out. I like shell but geez

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]: looks aggressive and sporty, I like it. [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION]: wow. Those are practically perfect for casual wear, great combination of color, sole, and shape. What was the price on these? I know Viberg is already a very pricey brand.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                        [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]: looks aggressive and sporty, I like it. [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION]: wow. Those are practically perfect for casual wear, great combination of color, sole, and shape. What was the price on these? I know Viberg is already a very pricey brand.
                        Weren't they something like $1100? I think only 20 pairs were available

Comment

Yea they were 1100. Viberg said there are less than 20 being made, and it definitely was an event trying to get in on the preorder today

Comment

Recent Purchases

Picked up the Stafford linen/cotton blazer from JCP this weekend. Fit is pretty spot on. Hard to beat for 50 bucks.
                            Last edited by shanejoseph; June 17, 2014, 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling error
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

@Vicious49, great looking watch!

@fey enjoy! Great looking pair of boots.

Comment

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], those boots are sweet.

my recent purchases:
                                Brooks Brothers Linen herringbone trousers: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Fitzge...efault,pd.html
                                $103.60 on sale
                                Brooks Brothers Extra-slim fit dress shirt http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Supima...efault,pd.html
                                $46.00 on sale

Both the shirt and trousers feel nicely slim. I went with my usual shirt size. The linen pants were not as baggy as I thought they might be. I ordered a size 30 waist, but it feels snug, more like a 28 waist.

Closer up view:

(the belt is an old JCrew brown leather belt)

Comment

Working...
                                X