X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
    the Matrix called, they want their look back
    I don't think either looks very Matrix-like - they're mid-length (rather than Neo's ankle length) and blue (as opposed to Neo's black), and not particularly futuristic/modern looking. And I certainly hope each fits well enough that I can't conceal 14 firearms under it - otherwise they're going back! I should've stated I'm looking for a *slim fitting* mid-length single-breasted navy mac/trench...just large enough to wear over a blazer/suit.

Comment

The J. Crew Bennett Chukkas in Sahara. Exactly what I was looking for in a bit of a dressier chukka. Fits great, it's comfortable and it was $60.

Comment

Originally posted by gsasso View Post
        The J. Crew Bennett Chukkas in Sahara. Exactly what I was looking for in a bit of a dressier chukka. Fits great, it's comfortable and it was $60.
        Mine are at home waiting for me... this could be the end of my 90 day challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
          Mine are at home waiting for me... this could be the end of my 90 day challenge.
          I almost want to buy navy ones as well. Probably don't need to do that though. Probably.

Comment

Upgraded from the Clarks DBs. Went to Red Wing Chukkas. These just came in the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              I don't think either looks very Matrix-like - they're mid-length (rather than Neo's ankle length) and blue (as opposed to Neo's black), and not particularly futuristic/modern looking. And I certainly hope each fits well enough that I can't conceal 14 firearms under it - otherwise they're going back! I should've stated I'm looking for a *slim fitting* mid-length single-breasted navy mac/trench...just large enough to wear over a blazer/suit.
              I agree. Really if anything they make me think more military than Matrix.

Picked up some sperrys in the "classic brown" color:

[/URL]

Comment

Picked up some Sunspel Riviera Polos to see what the fuss was about. I actually quite like them especially since they'll breathe a lot better than your standard all cotton polo.

Comment

Hit up the Sid Mashburn warehouse sale yesterday. Opened at 10am, got there at 3 and it was already really picked over. Found a navy knit tie for $25, Mashburn blue dress shirt for $25 but this was the steal of the day:

$5
                  http://imgur.com/aV0dkMg
                  http://imgur.com/6XwwNOK

Comment

Damn. I'm jealous.

Comment

J. Crew Macalister boots in anchor grey. Really happy with them.
                      http://i.imgur.com/kzBUHuZ.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the desert boot club!

Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
                        J. Crew Macalister boots in anchor grey. Really happy with them.
                        http://i.imgur.com/kzBUHuZ.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                          Never had a shirt-jacket before. Worth a try at $30

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...true&hash=row2
                          these run a little big. despite being final sale I asked customer support and they were nice enough to let me exchange to small same price and free ship.

Comment

Saw the claibourne jacket in store joe featured a week or so ago. The peak lapels aren't as crazy in person. Also they have matching pants. The pants are on the website, but are mislabeled. I checked the item number. Got them for $60 total. Not sure if I will keep the jacket or not yet, but I am a fan of the pants for sure. Considering getting the white pair, but I don't know where I would wear them.

Any thoughts? I usually wear a 40L in most brands. This is a 40 and I think the sleeves may be a touch too long.
                            Last edited by zcm; June 15, 2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - I really like those pants. Very little break, and lean and straight.

As far as the jacket goes, I have mixed feelings - the peak lapels are fine, but something about the lapel proportions seems a little off. Also feel that the buttoning stance could be a little lower. However, it fits you perfectly well, and I think overall the outfit really works.

The only other thing I would add is to perhaps not use a spread collar? I feel that they look at odds with the lapels you've got going.

Comment

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] i like it. Looks great on you. Keep it. Cant go wrong for the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X