X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gaseousclay View Post
    the Matrix called, they want their look back
    I don't think either looks very Matrix-like - they're mid-length (rather than Neo's ankle length) and blue (as opposed to Neo's black), and not particularly futuristic/modern looking. And I certainly hope each fits well enough that I can't conceal 14 firearms under it - otherwise they're going back! I should've stated I'm looking for a *slim fitting* mid-length single-breasted navy mac/trench...just large enough to wear over a blazer/suit.

Comment

• The J. Crew Bennett Chukkas in Sahara. Exactly what I was looking for in a bit of a dressier chukka. Fits great, it's comfortable and it was $60.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsasso View Post
        The J. Crew Bennett Chukkas in Sahara. Exactly what I was looking for in a bit of a dressier chukka. Fits great, it's comfortable and it was $60.
        Mine are at home waiting for me... this could be the end of my 90 day challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by zcm View Post
          Mine are at home waiting for me... this could be the end of my 90 day challenge.
          I almost want to buy navy ones as well. Probably don't need to do that though. Probably.

Comment

• Upgraded from the Clarks DBs. Went to Red Wing Chukkas. These just came in the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              I don't think either looks very Matrix-like - they're mid-length (rather than Neo's ankle length) and blue (as opposed to Neo's black), and not particularly futuristic/modern looking. And I certainly hope each fits well enough that I can't conceal 14 firearms under it - otherwise they're going back! I should've stated I'm looking for a *slim fitting* mid-length single-breasted navy mac/trench...just large enough to wear over a blazer/suit.
              I agree. Really if anything they make me think more military than Matrix.

Picked up some sperrys in the "classic brown" color:

[/URL]

Comment

• Picked up some Sunspel Riviera Polos to see what the fuss was about. I actually quite like them especially since they'll breathe a lot better than your standard all cotton polo.

Comment

• Hit up the Sid Mashburn warehouse sale yesterday. Opened at 10am, got there at 3 and it was already really picked over. Found a navy knit tie for $25, Mashburn blue dress shirt for $25 but this was the steal of the day:

$5
                  http://imgur.com/aV0dkMg
                  http://imgur.com/6XwwNOK

Comment

• Damn. I'm jealous.

Comment

• J. Crew Macalister boots in anchor grey. Really happy with them.
                      http://i.imgur.com/kzBUHuZ.jpg

Comment

• Welcome to the desert boot club!

Originally posted by geauxtigers View Post
                        J. Crew Macalister boots in anchor grey. Really happy with them.
                        http://i.imgur.com/kzBUHuZ.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                          Never had a shirt-jacket before. Worth a try at $30

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...true&hash=row2
                          these run a little big. despite being final sale I asked customer support and they were nice enough to let me exchange to small same price and free ship.

Comment

• Saw the claibourne jacket in store joe featured a week or so ago. The peak lapels aren't as crazy in person. Also they have matching pants. The pants are on the website, but are mislabeled. I checked the item number. Got them for $60 total. Not sure if I will keep the jacket or not yet, but I am a fan of the pants for sure. Considering getting the white pair, but I don't know where I would wear them.

Any thoughts? I usually wear a 40L in most brands. This is a 40 and I think the sleeves may be a touch too long.
                            Last edited by zcm; June 15, 2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - I really like those pants. Very little break, and lean and straight.

As far as the jacket goes, I have mixed feelings - the peak lapels are fine, but something about the lapel proportions seems a little off. Also feel that the buttoning stance could be a little lower. However, it fits you perfectly well, and I think overall the outfit really works.

The only other thing I would add is to perhaps not use a spread collar? I feel that they look at odds with the lapels you've got going.

Comment

• [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] i like it. Looks great on you. Keep it. Cant go wrong for the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X