This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    Trying a bunch of things from the recent Yoox sale, some of which I can't link to because the were the last item in stock:
    Cantarelli navy cotton/linen 3-roll-2 blazer with interesting texture
    Caruso wool/linen jacket in green: http://www.yoox.com/us/41395175DO/it...5175DO&sizeId=
    Eidos double-breasted navy wool jacket
    Got the Cantarelli and Eidos in today. Returning both, as expected, but was disappointed with the Cantarelli piece moreso than Eidos. The Eidos has a nice washed texture and the color is really something, varying as if it was nicely faded in places, really, it's an older piece from the pre-half-canvassed-everything Eidos, but still a nice one. I'm realizing that a DB blazer just doesn't work on me, I don't have huge hips, but still I don't like that my shoulders aren't broad enough to have an upside-down triangle look to the jacket when worn. Maybe I just need to reduce some of the waist suppression, I'm not sure. Very disappointed with the Cantarelli jacket - the texture is okay but it's really quite heavy and the lapels are awfully small and narrow for a 3/2 jacket. It's an old piece, from their 2007 collection, so not indicative of their current quality (I have a more recent piece that I've shown on here a few times and absolutely love). Caruso coming in tomorrow.

Comment

Waited for a .99 shipping code to get this. Think it'll go well with my chinos this summer.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lan...nds-end-men%2F

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
        What codes did you use? I could only bring it down to $72.50...

EDIT: Never mind. Signed up for their mailing list and that brought it down to $54.37 with free shipping. Woohoo!

Thank you for posting this...
        So, my BR blazer came in. It's not bad, but I am not particularly happy with the fit.

It is really tight across the shoulders, and I find it hard to button up because of that. But given that it's a casual jacket, not too concerned about that. My bigger concern is that the color is really close to most of my jeans, and I'll need to figure out something casual to pair this with.

Cross-posting from the bow tie thread:

Comment

I used the 35% STP facebook coupon to get this Tailored Fit Linen Glen Plaid jacket for under $40 ($48 with shipping):

I have the Traveler's Wool jacket in Tailored Fit, and it required no tailoring, so if this fits the same it will probably be a keeper... Partially lined, Baird McNutt linen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            I used the 35% STP facebook coupon to get this Tailored Fit Linen Glen Plaid jacket for under $40 ($48 with shipping):

I have the Traveler's Wool jacket in Tailored Fit, and it required no tailoring, so if this fits the same it will probably be a keeper... Partially lined, Baird McNutt linen.
            Where did you find the 35% coupon code? Looked on their Facebook page and don't see any thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldFDraper View Post
              Where did you find the 35% coupon code? Looked on their Facebook page and don't see any thing.
              Use this one for 40% off - expires today I believe: SAF6414

When in doubt, check retailmenot.com for STP coupons.

Comment

The Cordial Churchman had this gorgeous gingham bow tie for $25 - http://www.thecordialchurchman.com/c...roducts/graham

Last edited by M. Montaigne; June 5, 2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                  Use this one for 40% off - expires today I believe: SAF6414

When in doubt, check retailmenot.com for STP coupons.
                  I ended up catching that 40% code and got the blazer for $35.97 shipped. Thanks for the tip, my man.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
                    Thanks for the info... Would definitely be interested to hear how they break in. The pair I held definitely seemed stiff. I'm interested in a beefroll penny loafer, so I'm curious how the current Weejuns hold up.
                    They are starting to break in after almost a week of wear. I put them under my mattress at night and that seems to be helping. Some people say to soak them but I'm kind of afraid to try that.

Picked up the navy pindot shirt from the JCF sale yesterday:http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...Psiqd7amcNMm_Q

Comment

The Cordial Churchman had this gorgeous gingham bow tie for $25 - http://www.thecordialchurchman.com/c...roducts/graham

That does look nice. I'm not much of a bow tie guy myself (they don't work for me) but if I was going to get one, that would be high up on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                        That does look nice. I'm not much of a bow tie guy myself (they don't work for me) but if I was going to get one, that would be high up on the list.
                        I think every guy should own a bow tie, and know how to tie one.

Comment

I own one but it just doesn't work for me. I've tried it and they just don't look good on me. The only time I would wear one is with a tux. I do know how to tie one though. None of those stupid clip-ons for me. Those are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                            I own one but it just doesn't work for me. I've tried it and they just don't look good on me. The only time I would wear one is with a tux. I do know how to tie one though. None of those stupid clip-ons for me. Those are the worst.
                            Well, I wear one whether or not they work for me.

(it's hard to be objective because no one will tell me to my face I look like a clown wearing one, which is why I post pictures on teh interwebz for strange dudes to comment on...)

Comment

On another note, my Wood & Faulk bags came in - I like them in that they are rugged and robust. But I hadn't realized they don't have a zipper lining, and the finishing leaves something to be desired. But at those price points, I can't complain too much.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Sort of one of those things like knowing how to change a tire or light the charcoal, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X