X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please. Use. Punctuation.

Comment

• I was on vacation visiting friends in the Twin Cities this past weekend, and accidentally'd about $150 worth of stuff from a Lands' End store there. B&M shopping is negligible or nonexistent where I live so I deliberately set aside some time to check out shops I don't normally have access to.

I'm not sure I've ever been in a B&M Lands' End store before. Interestingly the main men's section was quite small and modestly stocked with all "traditional fit" items. But they had a bunch of clearance racks in the back fully stocked with online returns, discontinued items, LEC items, etc.

I ended up finding a couple tailored-fit pique polos, a handful of tailored-fit and LEC button-downs, a pair of Elston chinos, a pair of tailored-fit wool trousers, and a woven cord belt.
      Ben

Comment

• Damn. I'm only 4 hours from the Twin Cities. A road trip is in order. Is the store downtown, or in one of the malls? (God, I hope it's not in the MoA monstrosity.)

Comment

• I'm not sure I'd advocate a road trip just for this store - the selection of clearance items was surprisingly good, but not eight-hour round-trip road-trip good. It was worth visiting since I was in the area already and had a rainy afternoon to kill while my host was at work. The store I visited was in a random strip mall thing in Minnetonka, a fifteen minute drive from where I was staying in Uptown Minneapolis. There is also a Lands' End "Inlet" (whatever that means... I think a combination retail and outlet store) in Bloomington across the street from the Mall of America.
          Ben

Comment

• I see. And I wouldn't. It's just that my gal and I are planning a fall trip to Minneapolis. We're starting our research on where to shop and where to dine, etc.

Comment

• There's an Orvis outlet store that opened near my house. And a Wilson's Leather. And a Brooks Brothers.

So far, it's been quite hard not splurging.

Comment

• Finally broke down and bought these:

along with a pair of argyle socks for $45 after a coupon. I could not dissuade myself at that price point.

Comment

• Just received my Ticino 44mm Pilot. It came with an aftermarket strap I didn't like so I immediately put it on a NATO. I think I'm just going to go exclusively NATO strap from now on. Anyway, I like it enough to start saving for a Type A dial in a brand I really want.

Comment

• Just got my weejuns in:

Comment

• Nice! They look awesome.

Comment

• [MENTION=3567]Teej[/MENTION], what are your thoughts on the quality of the leather on your Weejuns? I was in a Bass Outlet recently, and the pair they were selling seemed oddly cheap feeling. Just wondering if it might have been a lower grade model they sell at their outlets.

Comment

• It's seems ok, good for the price. I'll let you know how they hold up. I'm kind of trying to break them in and beat them up a little right now.

Comment

• My first MTM shirt (from a local tailor). It fits amazingly well. Nice and clean looking without feeling tight or restrictive.

Probably going to measure this shirt and then use Proper Cloth or another similar company for shirts in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teej View Post
                              It's seems ok, good for the price. I'll let you know how they hold up. I'm kind of trying to break them in and beat them up a little right now.
                              Correction after walking around in them all day, still pretty stiff. I'm really working on breaking them in right now, walking on the heels etc...

Comment

• Thanks for the info... Would definitely be interested to hear how they break in. The pair I held definitely seemed stiff. I'm interested in a beefroll penny loafer, so I'm curious how the current Weejuns hold up.

Comment

Working...
                                X