Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know LE well enough to say. I imagine they save the larger percentages for only a few times a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
      [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION]

Those are gorgeous! How much were they, if you don't mind me asking?
      I agree! They're actually much darker in person. Herring has the on sale for $208. Normally they're $293. The quality is roughly equivalent to Allen Edmonds. The leather is softer, they're more comfortable, but the finishing is worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        These arrived from Herring this morning.

Daaaammmmnnnn! Nice shoes, B!
        Last edited by Jamie; May 24, 2014, 02:03 PM. Reason: Really need to read ALL the posts before replying...

Comment

• Bought my first wearable pair of raw denim yesterday by United (bought a pair of Gustin's previously that didn't fit). Love the overall fit, although I probably could've gone with the 32. The store in Chicago did not have that in stock.

Comment

• Gustin veg tan wallet

Comment

• Trying a bunch of things from the recent Yoox sale, some of which I can't link to because the were the last item in stock:
              Cantarelli navy cotton/linen 3-roll-2 blazer with interesting texture
              Caruso wool/linen jacket in green: http://www.yoox.com/us/41395175DO/it...5175DO&sizeId=
              Eidos double-breasted navy wool jacket

Not sure if I'm gonna keep any of them (definitely not all). The last DB I tried looked awful on me (SS Soho) and the Caruso is really effing expensive. I guess I'm just bored right now.
              [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION] - great shoes!

Comment

• Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Trying a bunch of things from the recent Yoox sale, some of which I can't link to because the were the last item in stock:
                Cantarelli navy cotton/linen 3-roll-2 blazer with interesting texture
                I'd be interested to see that blazer. I've recently gotten into the east coast preppy look and I've been thinking about a 3/2 roll blazer. I'd like to try the look. The ones I've seen are usually wool, not linen, and I'm not sure how it would look on a lighter fabric like linen. As I live in Florida, linen is my friend.

I ordered a pair of Bass Weejuns (the larsons with the beef roll). Bass is having a 25% off sale on their site through Monday. As I mentioned above, I've been getting into the prep look lately and what is more prep than some bass weejuns?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teej View Post
                  I'd be interested to see that blazer. I've recently gotten into the east coast preppy look and I've been thinking about a 3/2 roll blazer. I'd like to try the look. The ones I've seen are usually wool, not linen, and I'm not sure how it would look on a lighter fabric like linen. As I live in Florida, linen is my friend.

I ordered a pair of Bass Weejuns (the larsons with the beef roll). Bass is having a 25% off sale on their site through Monday. As I mentioned above, I've been getting into the prep look lately and what is more prep than some bass weejuns?
                  Cantarelli

Eidos:

Comment

• [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION]: You're right, that is a interesting texture, I'm guessing birdseye. It looks like it lends it some weight without being too heavy for the spring and summer. That weight could be good with the 3/2 roll. Maybe that kind of lapel looks fine on light weight jackets but it seems like they would look best with a heavier weight one.
                    Last edited by Teej; May 25, 2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Have been looking for a better fitting beater blazer recently. Debating getting something from ebay.
                      However, I was at JCP today, and in the clearance section found a JOE navy blazer with patch pockets, slim lapels (not my cup of tea, but w/e).
                      It is made with 100% italian wool. All for $50 incl tax. The texture is great. The shoulder pads could be thinner but they are not over-whealming.
                      http://imgur.com/a/suZ4c
                      I plan to have the sleeves and possibly body shortened.

Comment

• Got this for $54 today with stackable coupons:

Comment

• What codes did you use? I could only bring it down to $72.50...

EDIT: Never mind. Signed up for their mailing list and that brought it down to $54.37 with free shipping. Woohoo!

Thank you for posting this...

Comment

• Thanks to a bit of haggling, I managed to snag the H&M Linen-blend (Link: http://www.hm.com/us/product/26204?article=26204-A) Blazer and it's mated pants for a mere 90 dollars over Memorial Day. Normally it would run me ~112. It's a small victory, for a small budget, but I'm happy.

Sadly that comfortable linen-cotton blend is wasted on a polyester lining, which I will be looking into getting replaced with some bemberg when the funds become available. Tuition has been doing a number on my clothing budget.

Comment

• Arrivals: The surcingle navy/red belt from OConnells--awesome! Two J. Crew regular-fit chinos in british khaki and light-grey khaki--great fit this time around with the right waist size.

I really want at least another couple of those surcingle belts and more pairs of the J. Crew regular-fit chinos.

Comment

• I like the jacket from Banana Republic usually don't go there my son likes H&M jackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X