Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know LE well enough to say. I imagine they save the larger percentages for only a few times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
      [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION]

Those are gorgeous! How much were they, if you don't mind me asking?
      I agree! They're actually much darker in person. Herring has the on sale for $208. Normally they're $293. The quality is roughly equivalent to Allen Edmonds. The leather is softer, they're more comfortable, but the finishing is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
        These arrived from Herring this morning.

Daaaammmmnnnn! Nice shoes, B!
        Last edited by Jamie; May 24, 2014, 02:03 PM. Reason: Really need to read ALL the posts before replying...

Comment

Bought my first wearable pair of raw denim yesterday by United (bought a pair of Gustin's previously that didn't fit). Love the overall fit, although I probably could've gone with the 32. The store in Chicago did not have that in stock.

Comment

Gustin veg tan wallet

Comment

Trying a bunch of things from the recent Yoox sale, some of which I can't link to because the were the last item in stock:
              Cantarelli navy cotton/linen 3-roll-2 blazer with interesting texture
              Caruso wool/linen jacket in green: http://www.yoox.com/us/41395175DO/it...5175DO&sizeId=
              Eidos double-breasted navy wool jacket

Not sure if I'm gonna keep any of them (definitely not all). The last DB I tried looked awful on me (SS Soho) and the Caruso is really effing expensive. I guess I'm just bored right now.
              [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION] - great shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Trying a bunch of things from the recent Yoox sale, some of which I can't link to because the were the last item in stock:
                Cantarelli navy cotton/linen 3-roll-2 blazer with interesting texture
                I'd be interested to see that blazer. I've recently gotten into the east coast preppy look and I've been thinking about a 3/2 roll blazer. I'd like to try the look. The ones I've seen are usually wool, not linen, and I'm not sure how it would look on a lighter fabric like linen. As I live in Florida, linen is my friend.

I ordered a pair of Bass Weejuns (the larsons with the beef roll). Bass is having a 25% off sale on their site through Monday. As I mentioned above, I've been getting into the prep look lately and what is more prep than some bass weejuns?

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                  I'd be interested to see that blazer. I've recently gotten into the east coast preppy look and I've been thinking about a 3/2 roll blazer. I'd like to try the look. The ones I've seen are usually wool, not linen, and I'm not sure how it would look on a lighter fabric like linen. As I live in Florida, linen is my friend.

I ordered a pair of Bass Weejuns (the larsons with the beef roll). Bass is having a 25% off sale on their site through Monday. As I mentioned above, I've been getting into the prep look lately and what is more prep than some bass weejuns?
                  Cantarelli

Eidos:

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION]: You're right, that is a interesting texture, I'm guessing birdseye. It looks like it lends it some weight without being too heavy for the spring and summer. That weight could be good with the 3/2 roll. Maybe that kind of lapel looks fine on light weight jackets but it seems like they would look best with a heavier weight one.
                    Last edited by Teej; May 25, 2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Have been looking for a better fitting beater blazer recently. Debating getting something from ebay.
                      However, I was at JCP today, and in the clearance section found a JOE navy blazer with patch pockets, slim lapels (not my cup of tea, but w/e).
                      It is made with 100% italian wool. All for $50 incl tax. The texture is great. The shoulder pads could be thinner but they are not over-whealming.
                      http://imgur.com/a/suZ4c
                      I plan to have the sleeves and possibly body shortened.

Comment

Got this for $54 today with stackable coupons:

Comment

What codes did you use? I could only bring it down to $72.50...

EDIT: Never mind. Signed up for their mailing list and that brought it down to $54.37 with free shipping. Woohoo!

Thank you for posting this...

Comment

Thanks to a bit of haggling, I managed to snag the H&M Linen-blend (Link: http://www.hm.com/us/product/26204?article=26204-A) Blazer and it's mated pants for a mere 90 dollars over Memorial Day. Normally it would run me ~112. It's a small victory, for a small budget, but I'm happy.

Sadly that comfortable linen-cotton blend is wasted on a polyester lining, which I will be looking into getting replaced with some bemberg when the funds become available. Tuition has been doing a number on my clothing budget.

Comment

Arrivals: The surcingle navy/red belt from OConnells--awesome! Two J. Crew regular-fit chinos in british khaki and light-grey khaki--great fit this time around with the right waist size.

I really want at least another couple of those surcingle belts and more pairs of the J. Crew regular-fit chinos.

Comment

I like the jacket from Banana Republic usually don't go there my son likes H&M jackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X