This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teej View Post
    Nice! I really like that one. May have to add that to my list.
    Yeah, I may have to get some more of these. I'd like a plain color or two, as well, like navy and hunter green.

Comment

• Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
      Yup! Good eye.
      That's a good looking watch. A quick Google search shows me that they aren't that expensive. Would you recommend one?

Comment

• Originally posted by yodersphinx View Post
        That's a good looking watch. A quick Google search shows me that they aren't that expensive. Would you recommend one?
        Oh definitely. But bear in mind that they are not exactly small, and the movement isn't particularly quiet.

But it keeps pretty good time, and I rather like its aesthetics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          Yeah, I may have to get some more of these. I'd like a plain color or two, as well, like navy and hunter green.
          The thing for me about needlepoint and surcingle belts is the variety of colors.. I want them ALL.

I'm just about on the verge of pulling the trigger on the hunter and grey one here (http://www.elizab.com/product/LM-126-Surc.html) and a natural white whale one here (http://www.elizab.com/product/LM-126-Motif.html)...

Comment

Oh definitely. But bear in mind that they are not exactly small, and the movement isn't particularly quiet.

Yeah, I am mainly concerned about the aesthetic, honestly. Thanks. I'll probably pick one of those up.

Comment

• Bit of advice on J. Crew chinos. My purchase of the regular fits came in. You might want to size down in the waist on these. I bought my usual 34 waist. But I realized that the higher rise means, for me at least, that the pants waistline might have too much room. I've got about 3/4 to 1 inch to spare in these, especially after sitting in them for a while. I do not want my chinos to slide down my waist. And if I wear a belt to hold them up, they cinch very obviously in the back.

I'm returning the 34s and reordering 33s. This also has the advantage of taking up a little bit of fabric, not only in the thigh area but also in the inseam. My regular inseam in this order gave me quite the generous break. I think a slightly smaller waist should bring the inseam up naturally just enough so the break isn't quite as pronounced.

It's all an experiment, isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by yodersphinx View Post
                Yeah, I am mainly concerned about the aesthetic, honestly. Thanks. I'll probably pick one of those up.
                If you get a Parnis, keep it away from water! I once bought a Parnis Marina Militare 40mm (basically to try out the Panerai style) and it fogged under the crystal within the first couple days of wear. I didn't even expose it to actual water, it was just summer out and I was sweating. I've heard plenty of similar experiences with badly-seated or non-existent gaskets on these inexpensive Chinese mechanicals.
                Ben

Comment

• Bought olive Rag & Bone skinny chinos from Barney's Warehouse, along with Michael Kors five pocket linen pants. The latter is just out of curiosity, they were rather cheap, and could be nice during the summer. The former are something that I've wanted for a while though. Olive chinos, that is, not Rag & Bone specifically. At around $70 they seemed like too good a deal to pass up, and hopefully the sizing will work out. And hopefully I will like the color in person, or I will seriously regret not biting the bullet and getting the new Gustin olive chinos instead... There were also a few Rag & Bone jeans available, also for around $70. The RB15x and RB23x, which I believe means they are selvedge and raw. In the end I couldn't decide which cut I wanted and what size to get it in, since I kept finding conflicting information all over the internet. So I ended up getting neither. A good deal for someone braver than me though!

Aside from a new chambray shirt from Uniqlo, and some socks (smartwool) and underwear and the like, those are the first clothes related purchases I've made in recent months. Well, that and backing some Gustin jeans and chinos... Damn, I hope I'm not coming down with this addiction again.

Comment

• These arrived from Herring this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      If you get a Parnis, keep it away from water! I once bought a Parnis Marina Militare 40mm (basically to try out the Panerai style) and it fogged under the crystal within the first couple days of wear. I didn't even expose it to actual water, it was just summer out and I was sweating. I've heard plenty of similar experiences with badly-seated or non-existent gaskets on these inexpensive Chinese mechanicals.
                      Good to know - thank you.

Comment

• [MENTION=2325]bruschetta[/MENTION]

Those are gorgeous! How much were they, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

• Front porch ecstasy. LE shirts arrived. Long-sleeved blue-striped seersucker and long-sleeved blue Sail Rigger OCBD.

Two words: Love them!

Yes, I bought the traditional fit, and the fit is generous. But it looks "American." For reference, think about the Miles Davis Milestones LP cover shot and their alternative shots--Miles in that great green OCBD that he looks so comfortable in.

I don't feel like I'm wearing some weird modern OCBD bastardization. The collars are big, there's a bit of a roll (not Brooks Brothers et al roll but good), and there is a good old traditional billowing at the waist. I can breathe in these shirts!

I'm getting more. The Sail Rigger OCBD, for sure, is a winner, in my book.

Comment

• I've been making multiple transactions at LE to get the 40% off single full price item.

Comment

• LE almost always has some deal going on.

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                              I've been making multiple transactions at LE to get the 40% off single full price item.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                                LE almost always has some deal going on.
                                Does 40% or bigger only come for the bigger holidays?

Comment

Working...
                                X