X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    New Anderson Little blazer:

Awesome blazer. I have a suit from them from way back.

Comment

Nice! I like that a lot. The cut looks perfect--not too slim, not too baggy.

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
      New Anderson Little blazer:

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
        Awesome blazer. I have a suit from them from way back.
        Originally posted by Duvel View Post
        Nice! I like that a lot. The cut looks perfect--not too slim, not too baggy.
        Thank you, gentlemen.

[MENTION=4677]Shade[/MENTION], the old company got sold out and eventually shut down, and the family bought it back and have started the line again.

[MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION], I agree - I haven't even taken it to the tailors yet. The fit and the shade are pretty awesome.

Comment

This weekend: Japanese Chambray popover from J. Crew https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...0886/A0886.jsp and Long Sleeve Viyella Blackwatch Shirt from Lands' End http://www.landsend.com/products/men...hirt/id_151798

Comment

Decided to try the trial-fit shirt from Luxire. They give you no choice in fabric, but everything else you can customize as normal. I mostly replicated the measurements from my shirt from Proper Cloth, right down to the collar measurements to see how well they would do.

Overall very happy. The shirt got made in a decent medium blue end-on-end that's good enough to be a staple dress shirt. PC doesn't have you specify an armhole measurement as Luxire does, and I would make mine a quarter inch larger than what I specified this time. It's plenty wearable, but snugger than perfect.

I didn't think to specify one pleat on the arms, which is default for PC, and Luxire uses two, plus what seems to be kind of a partial pleat at the end of the gauntlet and it makes to arms seem larger than they are.

The collar and cuffs are unfused, and they nailed the measurements. I learned from the PC shirt and got a normal placket vs. French front, which helps support the collar when going without a tie but under a jacket. The buttons are a nice, thick mother of pearl.

I think my next MTM purchase will be an OCBD, and for that Luxire will get my money. I will go back to Proper Cloth for some more of their cavalry twills and herringbones.

Fit pics:

Comment

Bought the H&M Slim fit cotton blazer, with peaked lapels. It was just barely within my budget while on sale, and it seemed a comfortable buy for the summer.

Unbagging impressions: Stored in a plastic bag, inside a plastic bag. This does not please me: a good box should be used when shipping fabrics, to prevent crushing or tearing. No noticable scent...but the receipt and return material seems to be stuck to the bag. I don't like the looks of this. More comfortingly though, the blazer's intact, and has had the relevant spots gently sewn into place for the trip (Front pocket, lapel, vent).

The material: Nothing that should surprise anyone that looked at the picture. First of all, it's half lined, but with more cotton. The sleeves however, are polyester lined...so perhaps not as comfortable as I expected. I may see about getting that lining replaced, if the budget allows it. The material is slightly coarse, but durable: almost like chino. Something I didn't notice on the website, but I'm not bothered by is the presence of elbow patches: if you don't want to look slightly professorial, you might want to look elsewhere. I personally like them.

The fit: Okay. Whoof. I'd heard that H&M jackets ran small, and I knew it was a slim fit, but I wasn't quite prepared for the tightness of this cut. I wear a size 36 chest, occasionally graduating to a size 38 for outerwear, or smaller cutting brands. In this case, I forwent that, giving them the benefit of the doubt. That was a mistake. The Blazer feels noticeably tight when putting it on: I had to lift it to nearly a 90 degree angle when sliding the arms in, and when buttoning it, there was a distinctive pressure on my sides. No X on the front...but my range of motion is severely limited. Feeling at the shoulder-seams, they rest slightly farther inward than I find quite comfortable. I recommend sizing up on this item.

I think I quite like the garment. It's a steal for the price I got it for (45), particularly given the rarity of peaked lapels. I favor them, because of my broad frame, but unfortunately short stature. I just wish that they allowed reviews on their site, so I'd have known ahead of time to plan for sizing up rather than having to waste time and money on doing an exchange.

Comment

Like the fitting of the shirt but the Jacket seems a bit loose around the waist even though as you mentioned it is from H&M and there cut is more on the slim fit side.

Comment

Saw some of you guys talking about this watch earlier. Finally got mine today. This is easily the most beautiful (and expensive) thing I own.

Purchased from OCROLEXGUY (Patrick). If any of you are looking into fine, higher-end watches, I can't recommend Patrick highly enough. Great to work with, shipped in one day, authentic/warranty, and a good price.

Comment

Wow. Moment of bliss this afternoon when I opened my package from Lands' End. The blackwatch Viyella shirt is very nice. Much nicer than I expected. Nice roll to the button-down collar, perfect fit, nice hand. Lands' End has won me over with this purchase--I'm looking for some more shirts from this place.

Comment

Wow. Moment of bliss this afternoon when I opened my package from Lands' End. The blackwatch Viyella shirt is very nice. Much nicer than I expected. Nice roll to the button-down collar, perfect fit, nice hand. Lands' End has won me over with this purchase--I'm looking for some more shirts from this place.
                      Got a couple of their Hyde Park OCBDs coming. Hopefully it'll put an end to this little OCBD odyssey I've been on.

Comment

[MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION], cool. I've got my eye on the Sail Rigger OCBDs myself.

Comment

Bought two crown and buckle nato 20mm straps.

Chocolate leather with gold tone hardware for my two tone rolex datejust.
                          Navy with silver tone hardware for my two tone blue gold rolex submariner.

The leather one is awesome. The nylon is really not much better than my 3.99$ eBay strap. I find the crown and buckle ones a bit too long as well. Great service but I'll probably be sticking to eBay and the cheaper Chinese manufactures nylon straps and stick to crown and buckle for leather ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                            Got a couple of their Hyde Park OCBDs coming. Hopefully it'll put an end to this little OCBD odyssey I've been on.
                            Nice!

[MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION], cool. I've got my eye on the Sail Rigger OCBDs myself.
                            I'm tellin' ya, the Hyde Park is the way to go - exact neck/sleeve sizes and solid weight Oxford cloth. Or do us a favor and grab one of each, then come back here and review each!

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHH Gimli I hate you. Thats the watch I want, but I just bought a house and cant bring myself to fork over the cash for it. How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking

Comment

Originally posted by Gimli View Post
                                Saw some of you guys talking about this watch earlier. Finally got mine today. This is easily the most beautiful (and expensive) thing I own.

Purchased from OCROLEXGUY (Patrick). If any of you are looking into fine, higher-end watches, I can't recommend Patrick highly enough. Great to work with, shipped in one day, authentic/warranty, and a good price.
                                Good looking piece. I've had 3 Speedmasters and I currently own my 4th one still. Also owned a planet ocean XL in orange. Sweet watch just a little too much at 45.5mm and orange.

Comment

Working...
                                X