X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Well, this happened:
    CONGRATS! No doubt a hard-earned and well-deserved purchase. Haven't actually seen one in that particular color yet, and we have quite a few Tesla owners here in Houston.

Comment

Well, this happened:

Nice! Congrats!

I also recently purchased a car myself. It is nowhere near as nice as a Tesla (an 09 Corolla) but it was much better than the 95 civic I was driving before. I bought the civic when I was in high school in '05 for cash after saving up money working at a fast food place. It was starting to fall apart (making funny noises, the a/c stopped working). I drove it for 9 years and I finally got my first post college job so I was able to afford something a little better.

Comment

• Originally posted by aqwayne93 View Post
        WOW! Congrats! Just curious, are you in California? Would be fun to hear how the buying/ownership experience is outside of CA where most of the supercharging stations are.
        Thank you. No, I live in New England - split my time between Boston and NYC.

There are a few charging stations around where I live, and I don't really foresee taking it out on long drives except perhaps to the cape in summer.

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
        Man I just want a 2010 nissan gtr
        That's a great car as well!

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
        very sweet! enjoy.
        Thank you.

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
        Did you sign up for their emails and get the 25% off coupon code?
        LOL! I wish, oh how I wish.

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
        CONGRATS! No doubt a hard-earned and well-deserved purchase. Haven't actually seen one in that particular color yet, and we have quite a few Tesla owners here in Houston.
        I wanted something that wasn't particularly "loud" and yet, was colorful. You see a lot of red Teslas, which I find to be something of a cliche.

Originally posted by Teej View Post
        Nice! Congrats!

I also recently purchased a car myself. It is nowhere near as nice as a Tesla (an 09 Corolla) but it was much better than the 95 civic I was driving before. I bought the civic when I was in high school in '05 for cash after saving up money working at a fast food place. It was starting to fall apart (making funny noises, the a/c stopped working). I drove it for 9 years and I finally got my first post college job so I was able to afford something a little better.
        My first car was nowhere as nice, either - it was a used Mazda Miata. :-)

Besides Hondas and Toyotas last forever. My wife has a Toyota Prius that's built really well, and I wouldn't be surprised if we kept it around for a decade. I think Toyotas and Hondas make excellent, excellent cars and are long-term purchases.

Comment

My first car was nowhere as nice, either - it was a used Mazda Miata. :-)

Besides Hondas and Toyotas last forever. My wife has a Toyota Prius that's built really well, and I wouldn't be surprised if we kept it around for a decade. I think Toyotas and Hondas make excellent, excellent cars and are long-term purchases.
          That is what I like about them, they run forever, have decent gas mileage and are pretty cheap to maintain. I plan on keeping it for about 10 years like I did my last car. Im hoping to get something like a hybrid for my next car, hoping they are more standard by then.

Comment

• I decided to take advantage of the Allen Edmonds Anniversary Sale and pick up a pair of the Rush Street balmorals in CXL:

http://i.minus.com/ivNlCmk0KWNcx.jpg

I also decided to pick up a pair of Ray-Ban Clubmasters (51mm) after consulting the "Men's Sunglasses Matrix." I had originally set my eyes on a pair of the New Wayfarers but the Clubmasters fit my face better (1/2 Chinese, 1/2 Misc. White with very little bridge and high ears).

http://i.minus.com/itxYmL7M3a0PP.jpg

Regards,
            Vic
            "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

• JCF brown glen plaid sport coat in linen/cotton. $55 with the FIESTA coupon

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...sFromSale=true

Comment

• says its sold out.

Comment

• Yeah, it was already low in stock and sizes last week when I was thinking about unleashing hell <--- new "pull the trigger"?

Comment

Well, the other half came in today.

Love these. May I ask...what did you pay for them and where did you buy them?

Comment

• Originally posted by fash1on View Post
                      Love these. May I ask...what did you pay for them and where did you buy them?
                      Thank you.

They're available on Amazon, for ~$60 each. Model numbers are SNKL41 and SNKL45.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                        JCF brown glen plaid sport coat in linen/cotton. $55 with the FIESTA coupon

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...sFromSale=true
                        Wow, I paid around $100 for that coat about a month ago. I really enjoy it though, great as a beater summer jacket as things start to warm up.

Comment

• One navy and one gray Napoli suit from Suitsupply. I wish I had a need for more suits, I'd happily buy more.

Comment

• So I was out looking for some new work shoes. I didn't want anything too fancy or expensive. I searched Clarks , Aldo (like I said cheap) and a couple of other shops.
                            I could find nothing I liked.
                            As a last resort I took a walk to a great little independent shop where I got my Church Diplomats last year. They stock a lot of "high end" brands ( Church , Cheaney , Barker etc) and I wasn't expecting anything that was in my budget. Man was I happy, I ended up getting a pair of Barkers in burgundy. And on sale ! I picked them up for €150 ($208) down from €240 ($334).
                            Not great pictures but hopefully you see the colour in the second picture.

Comment

• They look great! Good purchase.

Comment

• I had a need for a couple blazers to go with my chinos.

Snagged these for $81 including tax/shipping:

http://www.landsend.com/products/men...azer/id_248730

And these for $53, with no tax and free shipping:

http://www.bonobos.com/stone-washed-...blazer-for-men

Comment

Working...
                                X