Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny.. I saw them at my Sears today for 49.99$ when I went in to return some Lands End merchandise..

While at the mall, I ventured into Macy's to see if they had any deals on Alpha Khakis.. There weren't any but I did find some Calvin Klein Egyptian Cotton socks for 4$ each.. grabbed 4 pairs in dark cyan, plum, beige and cobalt blue..

Comment

I own that same one from Target. I like it.

Comment

Used the 30% off code at Lands' End to buy a couple jackets.

They're boys' size 20. Tried on a youth 20 blazer at Nordstrom Rack the other day and it fit just like a 36R, or maybe a hair smaller. At less than $100 shipped for 2 jackets, I figure it's at least worth trying them out.

Ben

Comment

@BenR: Good luck! I particularly like the first one.

Comment

Pondered about the Cole Haans posted by Joe on facebook from lastcall.com but ended up with Penguin Tan Bluchers for 69$ shipped. I felt I needed something plain (2/3rd of my shoes are brogued!). I've seen these in person and felt of decent quality for something that i'd be wearing 3-4 times a month.

Comment

Picked up the Port knit tie from the Knottery today..

Comment

Since you guys (wisely) convinced me to return my LE Tailored Fit suit from that other thread I started, I went to Macy's to look for another inexpensive interview suit in a navy or charcoal gray.

No such luck, but I did end up buying a few things:

-Trim Fit Tommy Hilfiger wool suit in a really light olive color (with a subtle check pattern to it)

-Alfani Red Lt Grey Herringbone sports coat.

-Alfani Red Tan Neat pattern sports coat.

-2 Club Room slim fit shirts.

Total cost: Just Under $196 tax included!

Obviously as you can see they aren't really any super-fashionable, high-end labels but in my price range they're really the only thing that can give me the fit that is long and slim enough for my wiry frame. At this point in my career I just can't justify spending a ton of money on clothes. I think overall it was a pretty good haul for under $200.

(The total would have come down to under $150 if I would have opened (or used) a Macy's card...the salesman was really pushing for me to open one. I just don't want to open any new lines of credit at the moment.)

I can't really figure out what pants to pair the lt grey herringbone SC with so that actually might get returned (not to mention the fact that the cashier left the alarm tag on the coat..somehow the alarm didn't ring).

Comment

@BenR : Did you receive them ?

Last time I contacted Lands' End about measurements, this is what they said :

The size 20 has a sleeve measurement from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the sleeve of 18", the total garment length is 28 1/4" and the shoulder to shoulder measurement is 15 1/2".

This sounds way too small, even for me.

Comment

I'm supposed to get them Friday. Those measurements do sound a little fishy... hopefully they work, but I guess I won't be holding my breath.

Ben

Comment

I fell off the wagon as of late.

1. Allen Edmonds Veronas in brown

2. Casual white JCrew belt

3. JCrew Factory OCBD in white with pink/blue window pane pattern

4. Allen Edmonds shoe care items

5. Vintage Tag Heuer Formula 1

Comment

@ Jessy - Just received the Lands' End jackets. They aren't too small, per se. Sleeves and body are the correct length for a 36R. But the proportions are just off. The shoulders are close to fitting, but a little too narrow, while the body is pretty boxy. The button stance is VERY high, more like a 3-button that's missing the bottom button than an actual two-button. And the whole collar/lapel area just doesn't lay very well.

So, sadly, they're both going back.

Ben

Comment

@BenR It seems to be the case with most cheaper kids jackets. That's too bad. If you find something else, let me know.

By the way, can I ask you how wide your shoulders are ?

And sticking to the thread, got a pair of tailored lightweight chinos and some linen/cotton blend pants from Gap.

The chinos are very slim (which is good), but they have that dressier crease (which is not that good, for casual summer chinos anyway), which wasn't shown in the pictures from the website.

Comment

I think I normally wear jackets with 17-17.5" shoulders.

Ben

Comment

Picked up this Zaharoff Suit at Nordstrom Rack today for $300.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/zaharoff-grey-wool-suit/3184744?origin=category&resultback=285

Question though - is it common for nicer suits to not include buttons on the sleeves? They were included with the suit, but not already sewn on...

Dunno, could be a cool new look!

Comment

Thats probably to make it easier on the tailoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X