Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice watch, [MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION] . I always resize the bracelet myself, it's very easy to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by TarheelDan View Post
      Nice watch, [MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION] . I always resize the bracelet myself, it's very easy to do.
      Really? Can it be done without any of the resizing tools? Most websites seem to mention needing a resize toolkit.

Comment

• [MENTION=11100]M. Montaigne[/MENTION] yeah, you can jury-rig watch repair pretty easy.

You really just need a small hammer and something metal and skinny enough to push the pins through. A needle, old watch pin, or a nail could work. Just be very very careful so you don't scratch anything. A thin cloth could help that, and tape around the head of the hammer.

All you do is push the pins through. They only go one direction, there will be arrows on the inside. YouTube is where I saw a video on how to do it and I would start there. If you don't have anything long enough, once they're sticking out the other end you can pull them through with pliers.

I also open up casebacks and replace batteries, etc. with a very sturdy pair of scissors. Open them up and they'll fit into the grooves, twist, and open.
        Last edited by TarheelDan; April 23, 2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• This was all I needed. Totally worth it.

Comment

• [MENTION=11536]phatte[/MENTION]. Nice! Didn't know they were this inexpensive. Way better idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by phatte View Post
              This was all I needed. Totally worth it.
              That is so neat. Just ordered one - thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by phatte View Post
                This was all I needed. Totally worth it.
                Nice! I'll have to pick one of those up with my next amazon order.

Comment

• just ordered these today after coming across them in the mall also started a thread for any guys interested... http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ic-Double-Monk ...I'm mainly looking for feedback....

Got them for $68....%25 and %35...off
                  Last edited by jmp4080; April 23, 2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Got these incotex pants for $49
                    http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/inco...501701147.html

I also grabbed an awesome fitting Aspesi cotton chino for $49. Both pants had msrps over $300, and they are very well made, high quality summer pants- just in time too!

Comment

• Well, the other half came in today.

Comment

• Originally posted by fey View Post
                        Got these incotex pants for $49
                        http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/inco...501701147.html

I also grabbed an awesome fitting Aspesi cotton chino for $49. Both pants had msrps over $300, and they are very well made, high quality summer pants- just in time too!
                        I'm digging those pants...I wonder what an appropriate leg opening is for linen pants?....those are 17 which I don't prefer for casual pants but I guess linen should have a decent drape...I guess tapering would be an option depending on the seam...

Comment

• Just picked up a pair of these from the Rue La La sale. http://i.imgur.com/ZUFNFf9.jpg Sperry Top-Sider Sailfish. Going to be my go to summer shoes.

Comment

• I mentioned in another thread I've had about 6 different jackets incoming for me to try out. So far three have come in and out of the revolving door.

Today, though, I got the Barbour Ashby I ordered a week or so ago. Sooooo excited for this coat. It's got that classic Beaufort/Bedale look but in a cut that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a trash bag - not too big or too small. It fits a lot like my other Barbour, the Lowland Flyweight. I ordered it from CountryAttire.com in the UK, which was cheaper than any US seller and included free shipping and a "free gift" (I picked a matching Barbour hood). This is gonna be my rainy day jacket. It's too dark now to take a picture but I'll try to get one up eventually.
                            Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              I mentioned in another thread I've had about 6 different jackets incoming for me to try out. So far three have come in and out of the revolving door.

Today, though, I got the Barbour Ashby I ordered a week or so ago. Sooooo excited for this coat. It's got that classic Beaufort/Bedale look but in a cut that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a trash bag - not too big or too small. It fits a lot like my other Barbour, the Lowland Flyweight. I ordered it from CountryAttire.com in the UK, which was cheaper than any US seller and included free shipping and a "free gift" (I picked a matching Barbour hood). This is gonna be my rainy day jacket. It's too dark now to take a picture but I'll try to get one up eventually.
                              Agree, I love the fit when I tried it on a few months back. On my list of things to buy!

Comment

• Got some Charles Tyrwhitt shirts in yesterday and they fit really well without tailoring. Very pleased with the purchase.

Comment

Working...
                                X