This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
    @Vanquish, what particular pair did you purchase? Would love a pair of HY's someday.
    I got the USA made Super 110's light gray wool pant. http://www.howardyount.com/collectio...10s-light-gray

The main differences between USA and Italy are the fits/sizing. Italy is more of a slim fit.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      I went on a very cheap shopping spree today... hit up Target, T.J. Maxx, Ross, and Goodwill.

$6 button-down in white with blue and grey windowpane from Target; $8 striped t-shirt from T.J.Maxx; and $35 olive and tan (Horween!) Sebago Docksides from Ross.
      Nice haul on the shoes! Jealous!

Comment

Just picked up the Penfield Navy Gibson. This is the first time I have seen it on sale this season. They have it 20% off this weekend at endclothing.com Code is SPRING14. $127 shipped.

Comment

Still waiting on them to come in. I'll update once they get here. My thought was that for $16 shipped, it was a small-risk gamble

Comment

Just came in yesterday. $70 from MyHabit. Florsheim Veblens. I have the blue suede havilands. Personally, I think these are very nice longwings quality wise.
            "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
            I>0<I

Comment

[MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION], what color did you go with? I've been debating replacing my brown Veblen's with a new pair of longwings. Trying to decide on either a new pair of Veblen's in wine, or a pair of MacNeils, after the 90 Day challenge of course.

Comment

[MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION], what color did you go with? I've been debating replacing my brown Veblen's with a new pair of longwings. Trying to decide on either a new pair of Veblen's in wine, or a pair of MacNeils, after the 90 Day challenge of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                  [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION], I got the rust color way. I really like the insoles comfort. The McNeil is a great shoe.
                  I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                    [MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION], I got the rust color way. I really like the insoles comfort. The McNeil is a great shoe.
                    That walnut grain color of the mcneils looks amazing to me. Damn this 90 challenge...I like those guys you got from MyHabit, [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION]. I have subscribed to a few of those flash sale sites but never made a purchase from them. How was your experience with MyHabit?

Comment

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], I'm not really a fan of the pebbled grain look, I'd like something darker and smoother, plus I'm already good on a Walnut wingtip with my Players. I'm really digging those webgem MacNeil 5's, though I'm not a fan of the $315 price.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                        That walnut grain color of the mcneils looks amazing to me. Damn this 90 challenge...I like those guys you got from MyHabit, [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION]. I have subscribed to a few of those flash sale sites but never made a purchase from them. How was your experience with MyHabit?
                        I have made purchases with a few of the flash sites as their deals are amazing. MyHabit so happens to be my favorite. It is a subsidiary of Amazon, Inc., so you are basically getting the same service you would get with amazon. Deleivery is very fast, in most cases, 2-3 days. I was supposed to get the Veblens today but they arrived on Saturday. I purchased the blue suede havilands from MyHabit and got it very fast and shoe is beautiful. I also purchased this other pair of cole Haans I believe, didn't like them and returned them, I explained the sizing issue I had with customer service and they accepted the return with them covering shipping. All in all, MyHabit is my goto flash site.

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                        [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], I'm not really a fan of the pebbled grain look, I'd like something darker and smoother, plus I'm already good on a Walnut wingtip with my Players. I'm really digging those webgem MacNeil 5's, though I'm not a fan of the $315 price.
                        I like pebble grained long wings; something about them work for me. At first I didn't really like the football skin look, then bought a pair US made shoes by a defunct shoe company via thrift shopping. Those things changed my outlook. I like long wings in general; and wingtips are a favorite as well. Shortwings and long wings wear differently in my wardrobe, the AE players would get worn differently than the McNeils or any longwing.
                        I>0<I

Comment

These: http://vip.zappos.com/superga-2750-cotu-classic-white

Word of advice on these: Size down! My foot measures 11.25 inches. I wear a 10.
                          Last edited by Duvel; April 21, 2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

& this: http://www.landsend.com/products/twi...-hat/id_255855 (unmonogrammed)

& this: http://www.landsend.com/products/low...-cap/id_225524

plus 30 percent off and free shipping

Comment

This came in the mail today - Seiko SNKL41.

It's really well made for the price, and I can't wait to get the bracelet resized so I can wear it.

Comment

JCF chino jacket and pants for 100 last night thanks to promo lap over. I guess this is a normal thing as I found this link after buying.
                                http://www.reddit.com/r/frugalmalefa...jcrew_factory/

Comment

Working...
                                X