Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=11287]shockfinder[/MENTION]: No problem, I should be able to get a couple of photos uploaded on Thursday.

Comment

• The Rodina I ordered a bit back finally came in. Not a bad deal at $120. It's a chinese version of a $3000 Nomos but I'm fine with that for the time being. If you look carefully at the bottom of the dial you can see where it says 'china made'. At least they're honest about what the watch is.

The hands are actually blue but you have to catch the light just right. It comes with a display back although it's not decorated. Still a feature you wouldn't expect at this price point. The strap on it is pretty cheap and flimsy but I'll have to wait until July to replace it.

Comment

• bought a couple of ray bans at nordstrom rack for $69. both are polarized, which is nice. guess my summer sunglasses allocation is accounted for already!

Comment

• I like the foldable ones. I've always wanted something like that. Great price on those if they're polarized.

Comment

• the folding action was definitely the selling point. it easily fits in a shirt pocket when folded up, and the hinges are pretty strong and seem like they can handle a decent amount of abuse

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
              [MENTION=11215]anonsurfer[/MENTION] Could you post a pic of the navy? I'd like to see how it looks outside of their website.
              Here you go. Taken in front of a window so it has some indirect sunlight on it:

http://www.y2llc.com/images/tmp/navylinen_015.jpg

Material close up:

http://www.y2llc.com/images/tmp/navylinen_013.jpg

Comment

• [MENTION=11215]anonsurfer[/MENTION]. Thanks. I like it. Now to decide if it's different enough from the light blue to get it. Did you like the fit?

Comment

• Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                  I just received the two linen-cotton JCP Stafford sport coats I ordered (grey and navy). I like them a lot, especially the navy one. The texture is great and the color is a lighter navy, perfect for spring/summer casual blazer.

Sizing down from a 38 to a 36 was the right move for me as the Classic Fit now fits more like a slim fit. If you are looking at a Stafford Classic Fit blazer and prefer a trim fit I recommend trying a size down.

The biggest downside is the poly lining.
                  I went to the store yesterday to see what they had. I tried out the Khaki, Blue, and one in plaid. I liked the plaid quite a bit, but ended up snagging the khaki. So far I'm enjoying it. I do wish they had a slim fit, but it's not insanely loose. I'll just order a few more burgers and beers to fill it out...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
                    [MENTION=11215]anonsurfer[/MENTION]. Thanks. I like it. Now to decide if it's different enough from the light blue to get it. Did you like the fit?
                    It fits me really well. Because it is a classic fit and I prefer a trim fit I went down a size (38S to 36S). The shoulders, arm length, waist and length are pretty much dead on for me. I will not need to have anything tailored, even the waist tapers nicely. I am seriously tempted to get it in khaki as well (I have the grey and navy).

Comment

• My other watch finally cleared customs and arrived as well. I sent back the CW C11 pro that many thought was too big on me. I ended up getting the CW Jump Hour MKII. The 43 mm is a bit on the big side for me as 40-42mm is my ideal size but I love the Jump Hour complication and have wanted another one ever since I sold my MKI a while back. It's not as big one me as it looks in the pics and the lugs definitely don't extend past my wrists.

My main decision now is which strap does it look better on - the dark brown or the honey brown? I had my old MKI strap which is the dark brown and the new one came with the honey brown.

Comment

• Vicious, I think the watch looks nice on either strap. The honey brown is more interesting, but naturally, the darker brown is more subtle and therefore more versatile. I guess the strap I would pick would depend on whether this is going to be your primary dressy watch, or if you intend to wear it more as a statement piece.
                        Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          Vicious, I think the watch looks nice on either strap. The honey brown is more interesting, but naturally, the darker brown is more subtle and therefore more versatile. I guess the strap I would pick would depend on whether this is going to be your primary dressy watch, or if you intend to wear it more as a statement piece.
                          Excellent advice. That's a great way of putting it. I don't plan on it being my primary dress watch (it actually sits a bit high due to the complication in it) so I'll go with the honey brown for now.

I just put the dark brown strap on the Rodina that came in earlier this week. It's strange that the strap actually costs more than the watch. Both of the straps pictured above are genuine alligator and CW retails them for $165 I believe.

Comment

• Agreed that the darker brown is more versatile. The honey brown looks slightly more casual to me, but the white contrast stitching on the dark brown isn't hugely formal either.

Comment

• I just ordered some Clarks Bushacres in suede. Saw them for $60 in my size/color on Amazon... then added a 20% promo for subscribing to Amazon fashion emails.

I've tried the Bushacres in beeswax before and thought they were pretty uncomfortable around the ankles, even after figuring out my size. I'm hoping the suede is more comfortable.

I'm a little nervous about the color. Amazon shows the "brown suede" as the color above (more taupe than true brown), but other websites I'm finding shoes the brown as much richer and redder (which I don't really want).
                              Ben

Comment

• First pair of Allen Edmonds picked up from the Brooks Brothers sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X