Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mattface View Post
    I picked up two of these Linen-Cotton Stafford jackets in blue and khaki from JC Penny today
    Those were hard to pass up for me too. I am still on the search for an inexpensive summer jacket so I got the navy and grey ones although I haven't received them yet. My other classic fit stafford jackets have a little bit of room so I ordered a size down to try out the fit.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
      Those were hard to pass up for me too. I am still on the search for an inexpensive summer jacket so I got the navy and grey ones although I haven't received them yet. My other classic fit stafford jackets have a little bit of room so I ordered a size down to try out the fit.
      I bought the two colors they had in the store. I immediately liked the blue, but then tried on the tan and liked that one even better on, so I bought both. I didn't even realize there were more colors until I looked online. I suspect navy and grey would be great, though I definitely don't need four of this jacket.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mattface View Post
        I bought the two colors they had in the store. I immediately liked the blue, but then tried on the tan and liked that one even better on, so I bought both. I didn't even realize there were more colors until I looked online. I suspect navy and grey would be great, though I definitely don't need four of this jacket.
        My local JCP had the blue and khaki. I took the blue. The khaki had been handled roughly it appeared. I'd like to see the navy somewhere other than the JCP website. I sure whisk my local store slashed prices like others seem to do. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of their old-guy-in-large-suit demographic so I bet they are doing well here and don't need to slash.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
          I sure whisk my local store slashed prices like others seem to do. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of their old-guy-in-large-suit demographic so I bet they are doing well here and don't need to slash.
          They are doing a "doorbuster" sale right now. With the doorbuster 60% discount on the jacket and a 25% off coupon, that brought the price down to the $33.74

          Comment


          • I went to my local JCP to try the linen jackets on, and unfortunately the sizes were picked over. They did have quite a few of the Harris Tweeds on clearance for $30, so I threw the 15% coupon on it and got the plaid for less than $28. If anyone's looking for one, shoot me a PM and I'll check for your size.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
              My local JCP had the blue and khaki. I took the blue. The khaki had been handled roughly it appeared. I'd like to see the navy somewhere other than the JCP website. I sure whisk my local store slashed prices like others seem to do. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of their old-guy-in-large-suit demographic so I bet they are doing well here and don't need to slash.
              My local JCP only had the khaki and nothing under size 42. It's located right next to a retirement community so definitely "old guy in a large suit" demographic here as well.

              Comment


              • Saw the above posts and went to JCP. Picked up the Harris Tweed and Joeseph Abboud Luxe jacket in Blue/Window pane for $24.97 ea plus 15% off. Made out like a bandit!

                Comment


                • Got some JCP Merino Sweaters on clearance and they are fantastic.

                  Comment


                  • Vanquish, me too, I bought all colors and only paid $11.50 ea. loving me some JCP right now.

                    Comment


                    • I tried one back in the fall. Got it for about 15. Then I was meandering through a JCP one day and saw some crazy clearance deals. Ended up grabbing a navy, brown, black, and green to go with the grey I had already. The ones on clearance were marked down to less than 7 bucks and I had a coupon. They aren't the best thing in the world but for the prices they are going for they are pretty friggin great.

                      Comment


                      • [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], yeah, definitely a fantastic value. Also got the St. John's Bay jacket incoming as well.

                        Comment


                        • Just got Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in the mail, (nabbed them off ebay for $137 shipped) I think I'm done with shoes for a while.
                          As the current collection stands:
                          AE Park Avenue
                          AE Big Sur (suede wingtips with rubber sole)
                          Mark Mcnairy chocolate pebbled boots
                          Brooks Brothers Boat shoes
                          Aldo blue suede wingtips
                          Nike: running shoes, air force one sneakers, basketball shoes

                          Only thing Im "missing" are brown butchers and some penny loafers, but as a college student I am content with my collection.

                          Comment


                          • Can an admin ban this spammer, please?
                            Last edited by Jamie; April 15, 2014, 10:18 PM. Reason: Edit: this was in reference to a few posts that were subsequently removed - and not to any legitimate posts on here!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by anonsurfer View Post
                              so I got the navy and grey ones although I haven't received them yet. My other classic fit stafford jackets have a little bit of room so I ordered a size down to try out the fit.
                              I just received the two linen-cotton JCP Stafford sport coats I ordered (grey and navy). I like them a lot, especially the navy one. The texture is great and the color is a lighter navy, perfect for spring/summer casual blazer.

                              Sizing down from a 38 to a 36 was the right move for me as the Classic Fit now fits more like a slim fit. If you are looking at a Stafford Classic Fit blazer and prefer a trim fit I recommend trying a size down.

                              The biggest downside is the poly lining.

                              Comment


                              • [MENTION=11215]anonsurfer[/MENTION] Could you post a pic of the navy? I'd like to see how it looks outside of their website.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X