This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
    Yea [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], dirt cheap! 2.23 I think after the 15% off.
    Agreed, I have three different shades of the original chambray version (I think the new ones have some kind of fleck effect to them) from the beginning of the JCP rebranding. Got them cheap (Tie Bar price range) but not that cheap. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
      Yellow's such a great color for this sort of outerwear, though. It would be a shame if I let myself avoid it because of a tenuous association like that.
      It's a great color if you are going to be using it in rain on a bike commuting to work.

Comment

Just ordered this wool fisherman's sweater from Brooks Brothers. I would never, ever pay for a $500 sweater, but this one came down to ~$150 with the sale and a code: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Saxxon...efault,pd.html

I had one other sweater from there that I got on a huge sale and wore for years. Since it is navy, I think I can wear this sweater for a month or so now, even as a jacket and then store it for fall. I find Brooks Brothers sweater sizes to be a little all over the place, so I hope this one fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
          Just ordered this wool fisherman's sweater from Brooks Brothers. I would never, ever pay for a $500 sweater, but this one came down to ~$150 with the sale and a code: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Saxxon...efault,pd.html
          Fxxx, yeah. Damn, I'm jealous.

Comment

Fxxx, yeah. Damn, I'm jealous.
            Thanks for the encouragement man! Little Friday/tax refund treat is in order after a hard week. I'm flying from freezing NY to LA this week, so this should be great for the flight and maybe even on the beach (it is "fishermans" after all, but cotton would be better for the beach) -- looks like its mid 60s there.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
              It's a great color if you are going to be using it in rain on a bike commuting to work.
              I am trying to overcome my fear of yellow. I liked this sweater before I went for the fishermans:
              http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Engine...os=4&cgid=0224
              I decided the wool is better value and maybe I don't need that much yellow up by my face.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement man! Little Friday/tax refund treat is in order after a hard week. I'm flying from freezing NY to LA this week, so this should be great for the flight and maybe even on the beach (it is "fishermans" after all, but cotton would be better for the beach) -- looks like its mid 60s there.
                Nice. Good reminder for me that I need to pay more attention to the BB sales. Sometimes I feel that Brooks strays a little too far from the trad Ivy aesthetic for my tastes, but often they hit the target, as in that fisherman's cardigan.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
                  Yeah, well, what if it is. I'm a bike commuter. I'm also a guy who's convinced that it is a helluva great color for that kind of outerwear, period, and especially as shown in the PTO post.

I have a predominance of navy in my so-called closet. Over the past several months, with urging from my spouse, I've developed an interest in other colors. She especially wanted me to get some nice tans, browns, and even yellow. This will work for the latter. Seriously, even in outerwear, I'm all navy, grey, green, or black. Nothing bright or remotely toward the other side of the color wheel.

Comment

Yeah, well, what if it is. I'm a bike commuter. I'm also a guy who's convinced that it is a helluva great color for that kind of outerwear, period, and especially as shown in the PTO post.

I have a predominance of navy in my so-called closet. Over the past several months, with urging from my spouse, I've developed an interest in other colors. She especially wanted me to get some nice tans, browns, and even yellow. This will work for the latter. Seriously, even in outerwear, I'm all navy, grey, green, or black. Nothing bright or remotely toward the other side of the color wheel.
                    I remembered you saying you were looking to get it because you were going to be commuting, hence the remark. I tend to be blue of any shade. When I break from it, I'm usually some awful shade of orange. So yellow is good.

Speaking of blue, I got a Stafford linen/cotton blazer today in a light blue...it looks kinda chambray. I like it a lot. I'm wondering if I can take the lining out though.

Comment

Yes, orange is something I cannot do either. But yellow. Yes, I know it has the fishing harbor connotations. But in my view, that is also part of its charm in something like this. The yellow does lend it a sort of Maine or New England port town vibe. I like that.

& yes, you're right about my bike commuting thing. It's one of the reasons I got this. Sorry if I seemed snarky.

Comment

I had one other sweater from there that I got on a huge sale and wore for years. Since it is navy, I think I can wear this sweater for a month or so now, even as a jacket and then store it for fall. I find Brooks Brothers sweater sizes to be a little all over the place, so I hope this one fits.
                        Drool.

Comment

Having an extremely thrifty week. Went to lands end to return 1 item and basically with what I returned a $55 pair of chinos, I was able to purchase this lot. They are having an in store 70 percent off already reduced. 7 items for $58. Was 73 but had an addition $15 coupon. #winning

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                          I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                            Having an extremely thrifty week. Went to lands end to return 1 item and basically with what I returned a $55 pair of chinos, I was able to purchase this lot. They are having an in store 70 percent off already reduced. 7 items for $58. Was 73 but had an addition $15 coupon. #winning

I'm feeling a little green.

Comment

Went by a JCF brick and mortar when I was back home last week and picked up a couple of their "summer plaid" shirts

I also went by a J Crew today and they were having a sale on the bowery pants so I picked some up in grey. They will be good to wear to work this spring and summer.

Comment

I'm feeling a little green.
                                Same here, just a bit jealous.

Comment

Working...
                                X