Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Purchases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Siepi View Post
    I'll echo this. I ordered this last week to try it out (primarily because it's one of the only 38L blazers I've been able to find), and the fit was excellent despite being a "classic fit". The armholes were relatively high, the shoulder padding was manageably small (which may be because this is a casual summer jacket, I'm not sure), and the fit created a very masculine v-shape right off the rack. I didn't end up keeping it (seriously, who fully lines a linen-cotton blazer in polyester?), but the fit impressed me.
    I got one of those too. Bought many more of the "Stafford Merino Wool" jackets. Armholes and padding are very similar, if not the exact same, as the linen-cotton.

    Comment


      Another happy JCP customer here. I have two Stafford sport coats in 38S, a khaki cotton and a navy cord. They were very inexpensive and the fit is great.
      Last edited by anonsurfer; April 2, 2014, 05:14 PM.

      Comment


        It's a hard rain gonna fall: http://putthison.com/

        Not a bad rain jacket for the price: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68624...el-rain-jacket.

        I think I'm going to love the rip-stock material, the taped pockets, and the coated interior. Also love that bright yellow color.
        Last edited by Duvel; April 3, 2014, 12:39 PM.

        Comment


          Just ordered on Monday a tan briefcase from Frank & Oak. Made in Montreal with Italian leather. It looks so sleek and perfectly sized. I wish I could share pictures of it with you but they sold out so fast they took it down from their website. So glad I got one while the getting was good.

          The best news? I got it during the last day of their 25% off everything sale, which brought it down to $170 from $225. $60 of store credit sitting around, so I only paid $110 cash for it. As long as it's of good quality, this is an amazing deal that I am just giddy about.

          EDIT: it's the same leather as this messenger bag, and very similar in construction. The briefcase has a handle on top and extra exterior pockets on the front.

          Comment


            Ordered the JCF Thompson navy chino suit. Many say it is a little roomier than their suits in other materials and maybe a little too dark so not sure if it will work for me. Also ordered a pair of walnut AE Strands (seconds).

            Comment


              Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              It's a hard rain gonna fall: http://putthison.com/

              Not a bad rain jacket for the price: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/68624...el-rain-jacket.

              I think I'm going to love the rip-stock material, the taped pockets, and the coated interior. Also love that bright yellow color.

              Looks great if you have a beard and sell fish sticks.
              Last edited by Emmet; April 3, 2014, 07:50 PM.

              Comment


                Yuk yuk.

                Comment




                  Went to JCP today and came out with some pretty good pieces at thrift store prices. In total I paid 30 bucks for everything. #winning
                  "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

                  Comment


                    [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] I grabbed a few of those chambray ties on a steep discount recently. Love them.

                    Comment


                      Recent Purchases

                      Originally posted by zcm View Post
                      [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] I grabbed a few of those chambray ties on a steep discount recently. Love them.
                      Yea [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], dirt cheap! 2.23 I think after the 15% off.
                      "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

                      Comment


                        Great pickups from JCP!

                        Comment


                          My dog had a few good nibbles on my wallet last week. This morning I picked up this from Jack Spade for $33 + tax. I hate bulky wallets and I don't like to carry a card case with me every day so I think it will work out for me. Anyone have a Jack Spade wallet? Could you comment on the quality? I have literally no experience with them at all. I know they are a reputable brand and have free shipping so I thought it was worth a shot.

                          Comment


                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERRY-ELLIS-...-/251467389269

                            I got one of these at my local TJ Maxx for a couple bucks cheaper than this. I love the removeable bit. Makes it alot easier to just grab my id and a card when going out for the evening.


                            Also I ordered my first pair of trunks from MeUndies. Looking forward to giving them a whirl

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              My dog had a few good nibbles on my wallet last week. This morning I picked up this from Jack Spade for $33 + tax. I hate bulky wallets and I don't like to carry a card case with me every day so I think it will work out for me. Anyone have a Jack Spade wallet? Could you comment on the quality? I have literally no experience with them at all. I know they are a reputable brand and have free shipping so I thought it was worth a shot.
                              I'm not a bulky wallet guy either. I really like that one, but I've no insight into their quality. I've almost decided that all wallets are the same quality wise unless you get into the $50+ range.

                              Comment


                                Yellow's such a great color for this sort of outerwear, though. It would be a shame if I let myself avoid it because of a tenuous association like that.
                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post



                                Looks great if you have a beard and sell fish sticks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X