X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo
    replied
    [MENTION=14744]Dun[/MENTION] If you need to have a Ludlow let out, your probably better off with the contemporary fit from S&M. If it's your first order from them, you can always pick up both fits to see which is best since returns on your first purchase are free. I really regret not picking up the matching trousers from last year's run of their navy hopsack sport coats.

Leave a comment:

• Dun
    replied
    J. Crew ludlow un suit before any tailoring
    Navy stretch cotton
    44r and 36x32 on 5'11" and 220 lbs
    Unstructured and I think enough material to let out and get rid of the button x'ing

My only hesitation for keeping it is it's first duty would have to be a summer day wedding in LA, groomsmen were told to "just wear a navy suit", so I'm worried about it being too rumpled next to more structured suits.

I'm hoping to also get the spier & Mackay hopsack 2 piece soon to be coming out and compare. Also any recommendations if I should go slim or contemporary on the S&M?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dun; April 11, 2018, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Originally posted by ryan850 View Post
    How do you like the fit? I've heard some people say they aren't slim enough.
    There is a little extra blousing around the bottom back around the elastic hem, but nothing crazy. That just seems to be inherent to the design. I would not call it baggy or boxy. Even sized up, I would say it is pretty fitted for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• ryan850
    replied
    How do you like the fit? I've heard some people say they aren't slim enough.

Leave a comment:

• Teej
    replied
    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Finally picked up a Baracuta Harrington. I got real excited about the tangerine color available on J.Crew; however, when I received it, it was more yellow than the orange I had anticipated. So I returned that. None of the other colors available at US retailers really interested me (the bright Cambridge blue is fun but not available in my size). I ended (no pun intended) up deciding on the racing green color available from End. I was glad to have bought from J.Crew first because then I didn't have to guess on my sizing with international returns on the line from End. These do run a size small.

Nice. Love Harrington jackets. Hoping to get one myself some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LesserBlackDog
    replied
    Finally picked up a Baracuta Harrington. I got real excited about the tangerine color available on J.Crew; however, when I received it, it was more yellow than the orange I had anticipated. So I returned that. None of the other colors available at US retailers really interested me (the bright Cambridge blue is fun but not available in my size). I ended (no pun intended) up deciding on the racing green color available from End. I was glad to have bought from J.Crew first because then I didn't have to guess on my sizing with international returns on the line from End. These do run a size small.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Originally posted by Dougie View Post
    Hey can I ask what make and model those sneakers are? That dark green suede is something else.
    Those are Aquatalia Benjamin dark green pony hair.

https://www.6pm.com/product/8762155/color/646175

They are very comfortable although it is questionable if they are worth $178. They certainly aren't worth the $595 msrp. The edge of the tongue is already going bald on mine, although none of that is visible unless I take them off. This is after about 25 wears. The shedding is not as bad as the haircalf converse I had before. I clean them with a soft cat brush and magic eraser for the soles. I store them in the shoe bag that came with them.

Leave a comment:

• Dougie
    replied
    Originally posted by ianr View Post
    Lace Anchors 2.0

https://laceanchors.com

I bought little plastic doo-dads that allow me to lace without a bow and without having to tie anything on the inside of the shoe. After trying these, I think I should have gotten the 9 pack.
    Sorry, see my message above. Forget to click reply with quote. Again, awesome shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Dougie
    replied
    Hey can I ask what make and model those sneakers are? That dark green suede is something else.

Leave a comment:

• Teej
    replied
    I was downtown at jury duty yesterday. They gave us a long lunch so I decided to stop in one of the local men’s stores nearby called Penners. It’s an institution in San Antonio, been there since 1916. I had no intention of buying anything but then found these tropical wool trousers. The second picture shows their true color.

Leave a comment:

• ianr
    replied
    Lace Anchors 2.0

https://laceanchors.com

I bought little plastic doo-dads that allow me to lace without a bow and without having to tie anything on the inside of the shoe. After trying these, I think I should have gotten the 9 pack.

Leave a comment:

• zac10sim
    replied
    Just bought this jacket at Banana Republic's sale. The jacket has a great feel. The slightly long fit is excellent. I would advise that it is very tailored in shape, and I would not expect to be able to layer it easily. There are baffles across the shoulders for ease of movement. Slight details like a quilting stitch on the zipper backing makes it look very elegant. The zipper hood is pretty disappointing, but I really don't expect to ever use it.

I like Banana Republic for a lot of things. Their Traveler Jeans get a lot of play on the main site, but really I think their outerwear is a gold mine during 50% off sales. With the extra 10% off you can have this jacket for right at 100 dollars and it is well worth it at the price.

Leave a comment:

• Publius
    replied
    Just picked up some Tom Ford Marko sun glasses for my vacation down south.

Pleased with the build quality and overall look.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Thanks for the links and feedback gents.

And in keeping with the intent of the thread..

Allen Edmonds Bellevue shoes, bought from user [MENTION=17095]adam8144[/MENTION] on the threads.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    ^ that first look of the long-sleeve polo over the button down has had me intrigued. I have to give it a try haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X