Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@tomservo: Did you buy it online or in-store? How's the fit, pre-tailoring?

Comment

Purchased online but I did try it on in-store though I'm not the best person to ask about fit. I have a 10" drop from chest to waist so everything I buy needs to be taken in and my arms are a little short so they need to be shortened.

The feel was great thought. You couldn't definitely tell it was quality.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

My first black shoes came today. Black captoe shell cordovan by Alden for Brooks Brothers in barely worn used condition. They fit great!

Comment

where did u purchase them from?

pics and how much?

Comment

Very nice, JC. I'd like to find something similar. Do you mind if I asked what it set you back? And was to SF or eBay?

Comment

Haha I'm almost embarrassed to say... Let's just say that together my two pairs of shell shoes, both in fantastic condition, have set me back less than $300 combined... and these were the cheaper pair. These have less wear on the sole than my AE Kenwoods that I bought brand new less than a month ago and have worn like 4 times.

This was on SF from another thrifter.

Comment

Nice grab JC, glad to hear someone is taken advantage of quality pieces at great prices!

Point out some 10 E, EE, EEE u see over at SF for me

I try and catch it daily for the Buying & Selling post's but sometimes don't get around to it.

Comment

Newest Addition to the Family. lol

Perks to being married into a family that owns the biggest Bridal Store where we live. Never know what you will find within the buildings 3 stories of collected items!

This is a full size Mannequin that has detachable arms which secure on via magnets. So it makes it very very easy to take on and off. I have been looking for one to use for my eBay clothing sales to take pics on! Now I finally have one!

Comment

@Tat, well... these are size 10E and they fit me perfectly

The first pair I got from a guy who's feet are one size wider than mine so I know he's on the lookout for 10EE too... Also, this last pair never made it to B&S. By that time it's too late

I'm also getting a mannequin... just a torso, but on an adjustable rolling stand. Found it in craigslist here.

Comment

Here's the shoes:

Comment

those will last u for a few decades, they look beautiful JC!

You have certainly been adding some staple pieces to your shoe wardrobe lately. Would be nice to see a group pic!

Comment

I think a group pic might frighten me and make me feel like a shoe hoarder

Comment

What was the last dude walking on to cause such deep pits in the heel? I guess it's an easy fix down the road, but I've never seen anything like that.

Comment

Alan, gravel. My shoes look like that too -- I live in the desert, just a state north of you.

Comment

I grabbed a Timex Weekender from my local Sears for $30 (regular price is $50 in Canada). Not a big purchase, but I liked the strap and the cashier was cute.

Comment

Working...
                                X