Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=8245]ninpb[/MENTION], Looks good .

Comment

Hah! Thanks guys. Sorry to be coy, but I wanted unbiased opinions. It's not real leather. I still don't trust myself with leather knowledge and wanted to see if you can spot the pleather from a mile away.

$12 clearance rack at Target. Merona Ranier boots, pleather.

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-merona...n/-/A-14587743

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
        Hah! Thanks guys. Sorry to be coy, but I wanted unbiased opinions. It's not real leather. I still don't trust myself with leather knowledge and wanted to see if you can spot the pleather from a mile away.

Wow, I will have to check the clearance rack at my local target for some of those. I live in Florida so boots don't come into play that often. I really don't want to spend a ton on boots because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherath14 View Post
          I second the beef roll on the right.
          fouthed. I like the leather on the ones on the left but they just look weird without the penny loafer part.

Comment

I've had my eye on the J. Crew Ludlow unconstructed blazer in mini-houndstooth cotton featured earlier. Took advantage of the 25% off sale.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post

Seems like a solid deal to me. Should be a great foul weather boot.

Comment

Yeah. Looks okay. I'd wear it in snowstorms and for shoveling the driveway, etc.

Comment

Got the Crockett and Jones RL marlow wingtips and pennys! I was afraid they wouldn't ship but I just got shipping notification. Yesss! No more shoes for me for a loooooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                    Got the Crockett and Jones RL marlow wingtips and pennys! I was afraid they wouldn't ship but I just got shipping notification. Yesss! No more shoes for me for a loooooong time.
                    Whooo! Did you kop with that secret 65% off code that was on SF? I already have Marlow wingtips but I was so pissed I missed that for something else. Amazing deal! Congrats on the shipping notification! I wonder if they shipped to the flippers too ...

Comment

Originally posted by movoblast View Post
                      Fantastic, congratulations! I'm assuming you used the 65% off code, but what shipping speed did you choose? I ordered them as well, plus the Edric penny loafer, with standard shipping. No confirmation yet, which is more than a little nerve-wracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                        Whooo! Did you kop with that secret 65% off code that was on SF? I already have Marlow wingtips but I was so pissed I missed that for something else. Amazing deal! Congrats on the shipping notification! I wonder if they shipped to the flippers too ...
                        From what I heard they are honoring most orders, but evaluating ones for $800+ items more carefully, and cancelling the really big ticket items.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                          Fantastic, congratulations! I'm assuming you used the 65% off code, but what shipping speed did you choose? I ordered them as well, plus the Edric penny loafer, with standard shipping. No confirmation yet, which is more than a little nerve-wracking.
                          I chose standard shipping. I didn't think it would ship. I was pissed at myself for choosing standard shipping, but there was no time to think when ordering. I placed my order a little after midnight EST, and I was sad because I saw all these people who ordered in the morning receive their packages with overnight shipping. I would have been even sadder if mine didn't end up shipping. Thank You RL for delivering!

Now I need to see which shoe in my collection I need to sell off. I think I will employ a one in, one out rule. But the penny loafers pretty much filled a gap in my new and growing shoe collection. The wingtips are a little redundant because my Lindricks look exactly the same but in boot version, but I think I'll keep them just because I will never be able to buy at that price again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                            Yes I did kop the secret code. I thought it was a joke but I entered it anyways and it worked. That is when I went straight to the shoe section and got myself two C&J's that I always wanted to try. At $299 each, they were much more affordable--price of Allen Edmonds seconds. I had so much adrenaline pumping in my blood.
                            And yes, it looks like the flippers' orders got shipped too -_-;; But since so many people ordered wrong sizes or whatnot and will be selling their unwanted items on ebay, I'm sure the flippers will have to hold on to the items for a longer time before there is more demand again.

Comment

*grumble grumble* missed the stupid secret code *grumble grumble* Movo how did you find the sizing to be compared to the AE 5 last? A bunch of ppl on SF are now saying size down 1/2 from the 5-last, which is news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                *grumble grumble* missed the stupid secret code *grumble grumble* Movo how did you find the sizing to be compared to the AE 5 last? A bunch of ppl on SF are now saying size down 1/2 from the 5-last, which is news to me.
                                Sorry I didn't receive it yet. Expected to receive it friday. I'll take a pic of my RL C&J family and comment on sizing then.
                                I took the same size as my Alden Barrie and Lindrick's sizing and went a half size down for the loafers cuz they're loafers.
                                I wish I had the money for another leather jacket, or at least picked up a couple RRL shirts, but I already spent $600 more than I should have haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X