Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, I would have bought up every single AS in my size at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      FWIW, I would have bought up every single AS in my size at those prices.
      I ended up doing just that - they only had these two models. I passed on the zip boot the first time around cause it's not exactly my thing. But since it was still there and even cheaper, I was obligated to buy them

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
        2 AS in 3 days, for $155 total.
        That has to be one of the most amazing deals I've ever heard of!!! NMWA sells all their AS Exclusives for $645-665 a pair (although as low as $450 on sale). That's $1,300 worth of shoes for $155!!!

Comment

Well it's not brand new Alfred Sargents, but I just bought an Oxxford grey pinstripe suit on ebay for about $80.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151248536263

I don't mind the single pleat because of my ghetto booty. Let's just hope that the cuffs let out easily.

That suit looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
            That has to be one of the most amazing deals I've ever heard of!!! NMWA sells all their AS Exclusives for $645-665 a pair (although as low as $450 on sale). That's $1,300 worth of shoes for $155!!!
            yea, even in my experience this is one to remember. i've been having laughs thinking of the implications of a $65 AS... how much would import duties alone be on a UK shoe? i'd guess it about that much, plus shipping it'd definitely be more than that. adding these pairs to my also just acquired alden 975s and wolverine 744s, i'm amazed my gf hasn't flipped out on me for filling our apt with new shoe boxes yet!

Comment

2 AS in 3 days, for $155 total.

Comment

Got this jacket and 3 pairs of socks from the BR stacking codes for just $2... thank you rewards cash!

6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

That suit looks great!
                  LOL Thanks! I already have a grey pinstripe suit, but it's low quality and ill-fitting. I'll be glad to replace it because I really do like the look.

Actually, I don't mind cuffs. I just need the extra fabric since I'm usually about a 30-31" inseam. I've seen well-worn garments that couldn't be lengthened because they have a permanent line. Hopefully I won't have that issue here because the edge has been hidden inside the cuff rather than getting worn out on the outside.
                  Last edited by alan; March 14, 2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsupjs View Post
                    Pretty much.

Comment

i'm amazed my gf hasn't flipped out on me for filling our apt with new shoe boxes yet!
                      I feel you. We've begun rebuilding our master closet at home, it has occurred to me that even though my wife has a lot more hanging clothes than I do, I'm quickly approaching as many shoes as she has. Between the two of us, we're going to have close to 40 linear feet of shelving just for shoes. And that doesn't include the boots on the floor. Thankfully, most of that is still hers, but I'm going to be instituting a 1-in-1-out policy.

Comment

I feel you. We've begun rebuilding our master closet at home, it has occurred to me that even though my wife has a lot more hanging clothes than I do, I'm quickly approaching as many shoes as she has. Between the two of us, we're going to have close to 40 linear feet of shelving just for shoes. And that doesn't include the boots on the floor. Thankfully, most of that is still hers, but I'm going to be instituting a 1-in-1-out policy.
                        you'll have to share pics when its done! i think we are similar with shoes. we repurposed two ~7'x3' bookshelves to hold just her heels...

Comment

you'll have to share pics when its done! i think we are similar with shoes. we repurposed two ~7'x3' bookshelves to hold just her heels...
                          Damn! Is that with or without extra shelves added? My wife did a purge a few months ago and got rid of about 15 pairs. That helps.

Comment

no extra shelves. one side has some of the other's shelving, to make space for stackable boxes:

none of this is mine, except that one box in the lower left.

Comment

no extra shelves. one side has some of the other's shelving, to make space for stackable boxes:

none of this is mine, except that one box in the lower left.
                              Yup! That's a lot of shoes. I like the way the heels are flip-flopped on the shelves. It should help to squeeze more in. I'm going to do that with ours (or at least my wife's).

Comment

yea, even in my experience this is one to remember. i've been having laughs thinking of the implications of a $65 AS... how much would import duties alone be on a UK shoe? i'd guess it about that much, plus shipping it'd definitely be more than that. adding these pairs to my also just acquired alden 975s and wolverine 744s, i'm amazed my gf hasn't flipped out on me for filling our apt with new shoe boxes yet!
                                Wow did you also catch the Jcrew 975 deal? You lucky lucky man! I think a pair of Alden longwings are number 1 on my wishlist.

Comment

Working...
                                X