This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
    Thanks! I'm really enjoying it so far. It's actually my first ever watch. The AT's are beautiful. If given the choice I'd probably choose the blue for versatility, but both options are very nice.
    Wonderful first watch! Be careful if you catch the watch bug. I banned myself from watchuseek because it was getting a little out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      Ah, you got an 8500. I preferred the 2500 since it was a little less 'chunky' than the 8500 which worked better for my 6.5"-6.75" wrists. I got one of the last few before they sold out of the 2500s altogether at the time.
      Yeah, the 2500 is nice too from what I have seen. Although, watchuseek forums have me on edge about the 2500C movement, which had its own issues.

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
      Wonderful first watch! Be careful if you catch the watch bug. I banned myself from watchuseek because it was getting a little out of control.
      Haha. Yeah, I have been spending a lot of time on there lately. It's not doing a whole lot of good for me. I'm probably going to be sticking with Omega for a while. Haven't caught the really high end watch bug yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
        I banned myself from watchuseek because it was getting a little out of control.
        Out of control? Surely you jest....

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
          Yeah, the 2500 is nice too from what I have seen. Although, watchuseek forums have me on edge about the 2500C movement, which had its own issues.
          It was a very small amount that had issues but because of it, I made sure I got an 2500d movement. The 8500 has a much better movement but the 2500 just suited my wrist better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            It was a very small amount that had issues but because of it, I made sure I got an 2500d movement. The 8500 has a much better movement but the 2500 just suited my wrist better.
            Good call the 2500D is fantastic with no issues at all from what I have been reading.

Comment

i revisited the sample sale today after hearing of additional markdowns, and now have a second alfred sargent.

for $65, a black side zip boot:

a tiny bit of shop wear, but i wanted to show the fantastic sole work:

2 AS in 3 days, for $155 total. for perspective, AS charges that much to resole one pair i have no idea what their msrp is/would have been, but i'm pretty sure i got a decent deal LOL

Comment

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION], Those are some fantastic looking shoes. Great deals all around. Congrats!

Comment

wow [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION] great finds! where is the sample sale? were there a decent amount of options?

Comment

Wow. Pick up some UK8s for the rest of us next time you go.

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
                      i revisited the sample sale today after hearing of additional markdowns, and now have a second alfred sargent.

for $65, a black side zip boot:

a tiny bit of shop wear, but i wanted to show the fantastic sole work:

2 AS in 3 days, for $155 total. for perspective, AS charges that much to resole one pair i have no idea what their msrp is/would have been, but i'm pretty sure i got a decent deal LOL
                      Wow that's pretty awesome. Good for you man. Did you happen to see any in US9D? I'm wondering if it's worth a 2 hour bus ride to pay NYC a visit.
                      Dude those boots are killer for $65
                      Last edited by movoblast; March 13, 2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION] just buy them all up and sell them off here for some profit! Share the wealth with non-NYC residents. But really, that is simply superb and actually an almost mind-boggling discount. What that store is thinking, I have no idea.

Comment

Sorry guys, tonight there was only 3 of these boots left and the bal was long gone. I doubt there is anything left now because I always check these sales out before the after work rush. I'm surprised there was any pairs of AS after all this time but I'm glad I went back

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
                            [MENTION=6367]fey[/MENTION] just buy them all up and sell them off here for some profit! Share the wealth with non-NYC residents. But really, that is simply superb and actually an almost mind-boggling discount. What that store is thinking, I have no idea.
                            I did think of this, but as a frequent sample sale shopper I've grown to hate hoarders and resellers. They've ruined more than one sale for me in the past. I just couldn't bring myself to do it

Comment

Lucky dog, you. Let's see some on-person pics.

Comment

Well it's not brand new Alfred Sargents, but I just bought an Oxxford grey pinstripe suit on ebay for about $80.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151248536263

I don't mind the single pleat because of my ghetto booty. Let's just hope that the cuffs let out easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X