This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lankus View Post
    Stopped in the Macys one day sale today to pick up some alpha khakis on sale and spotted that all clearance shoes were an additional 65 percent off. I only spotted one half decent pair in my size at first glance...

Went ahead and bought them without much thought since i was on my lunch break, figuring I could return them if i wasn't happy with them.

Calvin Klein Navy Suede Wingtip Bluchers. Orig. $110.00, marked down to 82.50... After 65 percent and a coupon i stacked, i got them for 30 bucks.

Obviously id never pay full, or even sale price for a shoe of this quality... But what do you guys think for a 30 dollar suede beater shoe? Keep or return?
    I think they're just fine. If you like suede, rock em until they fall apart. Hell, they were only $30..

I have a few pairs of cheap suede beaters, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
      Newest addition:

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
      [MENTION=9168]Vanquish[/MENTION]. That's a teaser pic. What model did you go with?
      I'm just going to assume it's this until proven otherwise.

Or maybe this?!

Last edited by LesserBlackDog; March 13, 2014, 09:59 AM.
      Ben

Comment

^ Definitely the latter! lol

Comment

Just got in three Uniqlo XS slim OCBDs (white, grey, pink) and they fit great! The shirt is short, which I really appreciate, because it stays tucked, but can be worn untucked if I ever want an unkempt look. Some shirts the tail actually goes into the leg of my pants, so this is a big improvement! Now for some blue ones..

Comment

Comment

I had the 45.5 planet ocean with the orange bezel. Wore it for two years and flipped it. The orange bezel's novelty and the clock size 45.5 novelty wore off. Made money on it and bought a moon watch. Did you go for the 42mm or 45.5mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                I had the 45.5 planet ocean with the orange bezel. Wore it for two years and flipped it. The orange bezel's novelty and the clock size 45.5 novelty wore off. Made money on it and bought a moon watch. Did you go for the 42mm or 45.5mm?
                42. More proportional and fits my smaller wrist a lot better.

Comment

$15 random Nordstrom Rack find. Dockers slim tapered fit.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice I have 7.5" wrists but monster forearms 45.5mm was just a hair too big but they are so thick! I always own at least one omega as I do like the brand. The movement in the PO is very cool and doesn't require a ton of service.

Comment

That looks like a PO2500. If so, I've had the exact same watch for a few years now. It's the last possession that I would ever get rid of.

Comment

Super nice catch. BIG fan of Omega PO series of watches.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                          Nice I have 7.5" wrists but monster forearms 45.5mm was just a hair too big but they are so thick! I always own at least one omega as I do like the brand. The movement in the PO is very cool and doesn't require a ton of service.
                          Yeah I had to take 2 links out of my PO bracelet for it to fit properly. The brand definitely has a modern appeal to it.

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          That looks like a PO2500. If so, I've had the exact same watch for a few years now. It's the last possession that I would ever get rid of.
                          It's a fantastic watch. It's the newer 8500 movement, which is fantastic. Although, the watch is pretty thick and heavily, but I hardly notice it.

Originally posted by frankjcampbell View Post
                          Super nice catch. BIG fan of Omega PO series of watches.
                          Yeah I definitely like the modern appeal of the PO lineup.

Comment

I have smaller wrists and even the 42 looks off, but it sure is a fine looking watch. Still no Omegas for me at this time. I love the ATs but can't decide if I want a blue or white dial for my next addition. In any case, great watch Vanquish!

Comment

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
                              I have smaller wrists and even the 42 looks off, otherwise it's a beautiful watch I'd love in my rotation. Still no Omegas for me at this time. I do love the ATs but can't decide if I want a blue or white dial for my next addition. In any case, great watch Vanquish!
                              Thanks! I'm really enjoying it so far. It's actually my first ever watch. The AT's are beautiful. If given the choice I'd probably choose the blue for versatility, but both options are very nice.

Comment

Ah, you got an 8500. I preferred the 2500 since it was a little less 'chunky' than the 8500 which worked better for my 6.5"-6.75" wrists. I got one of the last few before they sold out of the 2500s altogether at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X